tModLoader AlchemistNPC v9.0

Hi, been using the Lite version of this mod. After the most recent update, however, I've run into a repeatable problem that temporarily locked me out of a world, related to the QoL update to how shop changing works.

Steps to reproduce:
Speak with the Musician and open up his Shop Changer window. When you move away, his dialogue box will close, but the Shop Changer window will not. Then click on one of the options in the Shop Changer window.

I am immediately kicked out of the world with the following error message, which repeats every time I tried to log into that world, rendering it inaccessible until I restart the game:

Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at AlchemistNPCLite.Interface.ShopChangeUIM.PlayButtonClicked1(UIMouseEvent evt, UIElement listeningElement) in c:\XXX\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\AlchemistNPCLite\Interface\ShopChangeUIO.cs:line 173
at Terraria.UI.UIElement.Click(UIMouseEvent evt)
at Terraria.UI.UserInterface.Update(GameTime time)
at AlchemistNPCLite.AlchemistNPCLite.UpdateUI(GameTime gameTime) in c:\XXX\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\AlchemistNPCLite\AlchemistNPCLite.cs:line 859
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModHooks.UpdateUI(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)

Restarting the game allows me to access the world again, and repeating these steps reproduces the issue. This issue does not arise with any of the other NPCs from your mod that I tested, as their shop changer windows close properly when you move away from them.

Hi, been using the Lite version of this mod. After the most recent update, however, I've run into a repeatable problem that temporarily locked me out of a world, related to the QoL update to how shop changing works.

Steps to reproduce:
Speak with the Musician and open up his Shop Changer window. When you move away, his dialogue box will close, but the Shop Changer window will not. Then click on one of the options in the Shop Changer window.

I am immediately kicked out of the world with the following error message, which repeats every time I tried to log into that world, rendering it inaccessible until I restart the game:

Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at AlchemistNPCLite.Interface.ShopChangeUIM.PlayButtonClicked1(UIMouseEvent evt, UIElement listeningElement) in c:\XXX\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\AlchemistNPCLite\Interface\ShopChangeUIO.cs:line 173
at Terraria.UI.UIElement.Click(UIMouseEvent evt)
at Terraria.UI.UserInterface.Update(GameTime time)
at AlchemistNPCLite.AlchemistNPCLite.UpdateUI(GameTime gameTime) in c:\XXX\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\AlchemistNPCLite\AlchemistNPCLite.cs:line 859
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModHooks.UpdateUI(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)

Restarting the game allows me to access the world again, and repeating these steps reproduces the issue. This issue does not arise with any of the other NPCs from your mod that I tested, as their shop changer windows close properly when you move away from them.
That's unlikely... I think I got the problem. Other NPCs are fine?

Caught Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at AlchemistNPCLite.NPCs.YoungBrewer.SetupShop(Chest shop, Int32& nextSlot) in c:\Users\ADMIN\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\AlchemistNPCLite\AlchemistNPCLite.cs:line 242 at Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.<>c.<ActivateExceptionReporting>b__15_0(Object sender, FirstChanceExceptionEventArgs exceptionArgs)
at AlchemistNPCLite.NPCs.YoungBrewer.SetupShop(Chest shop, Int32& nextSlot) in c:\Users\ADMIN\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\AlchemistNPCLite\AlchemistNPCLite.cs:line 242

your young brewer broke

Caught Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at AlchemistNPCLite.NPCs.YoungBrewer.SetupShop(Chest shop, Int32& nextSlot) in c:\Users\ADMIN\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\AlchemistNPCLite\AlchemistNPCLite.cs:line 242 at Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.<>c.<ActivateExceptionReporting>b__15_0(Object sender, FirstChanceExceptionEventArgs exceptionArgs)
at AlchemistNPCLite.NPCs.YoungBrewer.SetupShop(Chest shop, Int32& nextSlot) in c:\Users\ADMIN\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\AlchemistNPCLite\AlchemistNPCLite.cs:line 242

your young brewer broke
When exactly this error appears? Modlist?

Cannot catch this issue. Modlist, world state/defeated bosses?

4Cm8Ypy.png

As you can see this is happening on LITE version and this is in Hardmode when interacting with the Young Brewer nothing appears to be sold by this NPC and that Error in Red Text appears!
this does NOT happen in the normal version only the Lite version.

and to prove this is not a mod conflict...i did this with only this mod installed and ths same result

Last edited:
4Cm8Ypy.png

As you can see this is happening on LITE version and this is in Hardmode when interacting with the Young Brewer nothing appears to be sold by this NPC and that Error in Red Text appears!
this does NOT happen in the normal version only the Lite version.

and to prove this is not a mod conflict...i did this with only this mod installed and ths same result
Finally found the issue. Yes, there was mistake in code. Items will appear.

AlchemistNPC v8.3.2
-Fixed one annoying crash related to Musician's Shop Changer.
-Fixed some translation related errors.

AlchemistNPC Lite v1.4.1
-Fixed one annoying crash related to Musician's Shops Changer.
-Fixed issue with Young Brewer's 1st shop.
-Added Dopamine from AlchemistNPC to Brewer's 2nd shop.

I forgot which bosses they were, but why even have the musician spawn when all you can buy is a music box- why not wait until he sells the second set

hey my world crash when i try to interact with the orange hair girl (idk her name yet) the girl who sell potions and stuff like that,if i try to shop change game crash and send me to the main menu,i have calamity and this mod ,and i defeat every boss until golem,except elemental brimstone and aquatic scourge, i just go on and talk to her,i can buy vanilla potions but if i click shop changer bug happens

hey my world crash when i try to interact with the orange hair girl (idk her name yet) the girl who sell potions and stuff like that,if i try to shop change game crash and send me to the main menu,i have calamity and this mod ,and i defeat every boss until golem,except elemental brimstone and aquatic scourge, i just go on and talk to her,i can buy vanilla potions but if i click shop changer bug happens

Hope it`ll be fixed soon

AlchemistNPC Lite 1.4.2
-Fixed shops changer crashes (hopefully, this is the final time I am fixing it).

VVV101 it would be cool if the unlimited travel potion allowed the player to return to their last death point aswell, and maybe make a waypoint menu; players can set their own or go to dungeon, temple, beach, ocean, etc.

EDIT: also an uncrafting station?

VVV101 it would be cool if the unlimited travel potion allowed the player to return to their last death point aswell, and maybe make a waypoint menu; players can set their own or go to dungeon, temple, beach, ocean, etc.

EDIT: also an uncrafting station?
You may use Enchanted Mirror for making temporary waypoint.
Resurrection Potion already exists in imkSushi's mod (and Alchemist is selling it). You may ask Infinity mod for adding its infinite version.
Uncrafting Station... Would be quite hard to do, because each recipe should be done manually. Not sure if I can even do any kind of automation...

Back
Top Bottom