tModLoader AlchemistNPC v9.0

I you want to change the prices of the shop the "clean" way, the best way to do it is by using the shop.item[nextSlot].shopCustomPrice = int_price; variable.
Also, modded items would be done like this:
Code:
            if (ModLoader.GetLoadedMods().Contains("ThoriumMod"))
            {
                shop.item[nextSlot].SetDefaults(ModLoader.GetMod("ThoriumMod").ItemType("ThoriumBrick"));
                shop.item[nextSlot].shopCustomPrice = 200;
                nextSlot++;
            }

Wow, now that you've posted this it seems so obvious that TML would have a method for finding out if other mods exist..

Wow, now that you've posted this it seems so obvious that TML would have a method for finding out if other mods exist..
Actually... Finding mods wasn't a problem. Problem was in changing price of moded items. Somehow code in GItem.cs caused crashes. So with this code I just get rid of GItem.cs file and insert changing price straight to shop.

way to guys lol, once i get updated again i'm grabbing this, its so great to have a fair way of retrieving potions, i kinda am terrible at potion making xD

Or if you're like me and have already made 1000 potion farms in the past.
I like farming... But not like grinding about 1k mobs to get some items.
I remember my anger while farming Rod of Discord. I killed about 600 Chaos Elementals before I got it.
Or crafting Ankh Shield pre-mech bosses in vanilla. It was really hard... Cuz I farmed Blindfold about a real day in Crimson World.

P.S: What do you think about adding other recipes to some buff potions which require fish?
I don't really like to farm fish for Lifeforce and Wrath/Rage potions. But I like to get Reaver Shark before BoC/EoW.

I remember my anger while farming Rod of Discord. I killed about 600 Chaos Elementals before I got it.
Or crafting Ankh Shield pre-mech bosses in vanilla. It was really hard... Cuz I farmed Blindfold about a real day in Crimson World.

P.S: What do you think about adding other recipes to some buff potions which require fish?
I don't really like to farm fish for Lifeforce and Wrath/Rage potions. But I like to get Reaver Shark before BoC/EoW.

Sure, why not?

You could also add the flasks to the Brewer, if there's enough space.

Sounds like a good idea for the more potions. You make can make them more expensive for balance reasons.

Sounds like a good idea for the more potions. You make can make them more expensive for balance reasons.
Like what price should I state to them? Now lifeforce, wrath/rage potions all costs 1 gold. Maybe 3-5 gold?
Sure, why not?
You could also add the flasks to the Brewer, if there's enough space.
Flasks... Sure, why not? There is just enough space in Brewer's shop (there are 8 flasks in the game).

And what ingridients I can use to make these potions if not fish? I thought about some hardmode ores and souls of light/night.

@VVV101 Can you add builder potion to the Brewer? I realize you probably won't be able to add all the flasks in that case.. but I think Builder is a lot more important honestly. The only Flask that is really worthwhile at all is Ichor and maybe the gold one anyway.

It seems that Thorium mod removed empty seed bag in a recent update.
Really? Then I should remove it...
@VVV101 Can you add builder potion to the Brewer? I realize you probably won't be able to add all the flasks in that case.. but I think Builder is a lot more important honestly. The only Flask that is really worthwhile at all is Ichor and maybe the gold one anyway.
I think I will transport some potions to Alchemist... And I will add Builder potion too. Somehow forgot about it.

Upgrade v1.6
-Removed Empty Seed Bag from Alchemist.
-Gender Change potion was sent to Alchemist and now has changed price (1 gold).
-Added Flasks to Brewer.

Conditions of Flasks:
Poison, Fire, Party avaible after beating Queen Bee. Price - 1 gold.
Gold, Ichor & Cursed flame avaible in Hardmode. Price - 1 gold 50 silver - Gold; Ichor & Cursed Flames - 2 gold.
Venom & Nanites after avaible beating Plantera. Price - 3 gold.

Upgrade v1.7
-Added Bewitching Potion (has effect of Bewithing Table for 15 minutes). Costs 1 gold.
Can be bought from Brewer after beating Skeletron.
-Changed price of Summoning Potion to 75 silver.
shop.png

Last edited:
ooooh! more summoning! lol i love having a gigantic dragon xD
To be honest, buff from potions is equal to Bewitching Table buff. It doesn't stack with BT. But I think this is much comfortable and longlasting way than using BT every 10 minutes.

To be honest, buff from potions is equal to Bewitching Table buff. It doesn't stack with BT. But I think this is much comfortable and longlasting way than using BT every 10 minutes.

That's unfortunate, because currently the Bewitching Table and Summoning Potion stack. Is there no way to make the potion simply apply the Bewitching Table buff the same way?

At least, I'm fairly sure they stack. They seemed to when I was using summons..

That's unfortunate, because currently the Bewitching Table and Summoning Potion stack. Is there no way to make the potion simply apply the Bewitching Table buff the same way?

At least, I'm fairly sure they stack. They seemed to when I was using summons..
I meant that buff from Bewitching Table and Bewitching potion doesn't stack. But it still stacks with Summoning Potion.

Also, what do you think about 3rd NPC (son of Alchemist & Brewer)? Spawns during hardmode if both NPCs are in world?

I meant that buff from Bewitching Table and Bewitching potion doesn't stack. But it still stacks with Summoning Potion.

Also, what do you think about 3rd NPC (son of Alchemist & Brewer)? Spawns during hardmode if both NPCs are in world?

maybe have this son sell more advanced items from both sides, like a mixed flask (combining two flask effects into one) and taking restoration potions and having hardmode equivellant upgrades? maybe even some food items

maybe even an accessory, called 'Potion Batch', after mech bosses that when you drink a potion theres a 1/3 chance or so not to consume it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom