tModLoader AlchemistNPC v9.0

Upgrade v3.9
-Added 8 more potions from MorePotions mod.
-Reworked sprite of Jeweler.
-Added Seeping Arrow. Crafted with Divine Lava and normal arrow. Applies On Fire! and Ichor debuffs. Has higher basic damage.
-Added Divine Lava. Crafted with Crystal Ball, Ichor and Lava Bucket (or just normal Lava).
-Nerfed Sunshine potion effect. Before it could light up the whole fullhd screen with lighting "retro".
Brilliant update. The new Jeweler sprite is a massive improvement -- thank you for all your hard work!

leave him a message or tell the staff that you need to speak with him when hes online once again.
He already said he reported it. Do you want VVV101 to find out where he lives so he can yell in his bedroom window while he's asleep?

Chill.

Upgrade v3.9.2
-Added even more potions (from MorePotions) to Brewer's shop (actually, 5).
-Vanilla flasks moved to Young Brewer's shop.
-Added potions from Reduced Grinding to Brewer's shop.
-Added Rainbow Flask. Inflicts vanilla Flasks debuffs and Frostburn to attacked enemy. Costs 20 gold.
Can be bought from Young Brewer after beating Moon Lord.
Can be crafted with Ancient Manipulator after beating Lunatic Cultist.

Hi, I'm really enjoying the mod but I've noticed a couple English grammatical errors with the NPCS here are some of lines I've seen that could be made simpler, corrected, or made consistent. I'll put the example then the possible fix.

Alchemist: "Can you please ask <Brewer's Name> to stop mocking on me?" FIX: "Can you please ask <Brewer's Name> to stop mocking me?"
Alchemist: "I know my potions can't make you stronger, but at least they aren't so dangerous to drink." FIX: "I know my potions can't make you stronger, but as least they aren't as dangerous to drink." (This is more nitpicky)
Alchemist: "Restoration Potions... Don't know if they are good or bad..." FIX: "Restoration Potions... don't know if they're good or bad."
Alchemist: "My healing potions will cure your deepest wounds." FIX: "My Healing Potions will cure your deepest wounds."
Alchemist: "My mana potions will refresh your magic power." FIX: "My Mana Potions will refresh your magic power."
Jeweler: "Did you notice that I and <Merchant's Name> looks almost like the same? It's because we are twin brothers." FIX: "Did you notice that <Merchant's Name> and I look almost the same? It's because we're twin brothers."

Jeweler: "I found some gems to sold for you." FIX: "I found some gems to sell to you."
Jeweler: "Ouch... What do you want, my friend?" FIX: "Ouch... what do you want, my friend?"
Brewer: "I got my degrees from Riddle University" FIX: "I got my degrees from Riddle University." (Just needs a period)
Brewer: "I don't think that was a spelunker potion I drank." FIX: I don't think that was a Spelunker Potion I drank." (NPCs generally capitalize items they sell or are in-game)

When I get the Young Brewer I will update. Thanks for your hard work on the mod, loving it.

Last edited:
Got the Young Brewer. Here's some of the fixes you could make for his dialogue.
Young Brewer: "I sell some new potions for you." FIX: "I have new potions I can sell to you."
Young Brewer: "I am trading potions which were done by my parents." FIX: "I'm trading potions which were made by my parents."
Young Brewer: "The battle combination was my idea." FIX: "Although, the Battle Combination was my idea." (The although isn't needed but it adds a little more personality)

I think that's all the NPCs, hope this helped.

Last edited:
I've got a few more corrections that might help for potion text specifically.

Invincibility Potion: "Prolongers invincibility time" Two potential fixes/changes could be: "Prolongs invincibility time" (fixes the word) or one a little more preferable, "Increases length of invincibility after taking damage" (makes it textually consistent with the Cross Necklace)

Ninja Potion: "Grants 5% to damage & critical chance, chance to dodge attacks."
Potential FIX: "Increases damage and critical chance by 5% and grants abilities of a
Master Ninja
" (textually consistent with related potions and gives a more general idea of what the ninja aspects of the potion are)

Unknocking Potion: "Grants Unknocking buff" Potential FIX: "Grants immunity to knockback" (textual consistency with items such as cobalt shield; also clarifies what the potion does)

Titan Skin Potion: "Grants some heavy debuffs immunity (On Fire!, Frostburn, Cursed Flames, Chilled, Frozen, Ichor)" FIX: "Grants immunity to some debuffs (On Fire!, Frostburn, Cursed Flames, Chilled, Frozen, Ichor)" (I removed "heavy" in the FIX because the some of the debuffs listed are just damage-over-time and heavy is an ambiguous term)

Bewitching Potion: "Grants Bewitched Buff (can spawn 1 more minion)." Potential FIX: Grants Bewitched buff (increases max number of minions)" (textual consistency with Bewitched buff description)

Alchemist Necklace: "Your Alchemist tells you how to make it. Provides life regeneration, lowers cooldown of healing potions and prolongers invincibility frames after hit." FIX: "Provides life regeneration, lowers cooldown of healing potions, and increases length of invincibility after taking damage" (the item description was a little long so I took out the Alchemist part in the FIX, changed the cross necklace part to be more consistent with the original item)

I think that's everything as far as I can tell as I have no additional mods that might add potions and am on Post-Plantera. I appreciate you checking this out and like I said some of the fixes are just suggestions. If I find anything else I'll let you know. Hope this mod continues strong.

Last edited:
These were the last ones I could find.

Young Brewer: "Does my mom, <Brewer's name>, the coolest Brewer ever, doesn't she? She can brew the hardest potions with ease." FIX: "My mom, <Brewer's name>, is the coolest brewer ever isn't she? She can brew the hardest potions with ease." (tried to make the sentence sound similar to what you were going for)

Battle Combination: "Grants buffs, which are necessary for battle (Endurance, Lifeforce,Ironskin, Regeneration, Rage & Wrath)" FIX: "Grants buffs, which are necessary for battle (Endurance, Lifeforce, Ironskin, Regeneration, Rage & Wrath)" (just missing a space after the comma between the two potions Lifeforce and Ironskin)

Ranger Combination: "Grants buffs, which are neccessary for Rangers" FIX: "Grants buffs, which are necessary for Rangers"
Mage Combination: "Grants buffs, which are neccessary for Mage" FIX: "Grants buffs, which are necessary for Mages" (just typos)
Tank Combination: "Grants buffs, which are necessary for Tank" FIX: "Grants buffs, which are necessary for Tanks"
Summoner Combination: "Grants buffs, which are neccessary for Summoner" FIX: Grants buffs, which are necessary for Summoners"

And that's all she wrote :sigh:

EDIT: Found Rainbow Flask after Moonlord
"Rainbow Flask: You weapons can inflict multiple debuffs(On Fire!, Frostburn, Cursed Inferno, Ichor, Venom)"
FIX: "Flask of Rainbows: Your weapon inflicts multiple debuffs (On Fire!, Frostburn, Cursed Inferno, Ichor, Venom)
(put potential name change to be consistent with other flasks)

Last edited:
These were the last ones I could find.

Young Brewer: "Does my mom, <Brewer's name>, the coolest Brewer ever, doesn't she? She can brew the hardest potions with ease." FIX: "My mom, <Brewer's name>, is the coolest brewer ever isn't she? She can brew the hardest potions with ease." (tried to make the sentence sound similar to what you were going for)

Battle Combination: "Grants buffs, which are necessary for battle (Endurance, Lifeforce,Ironskin, Regeneration, Rage & Wrath)" FIX: "Grants buffs, which are necessary for battle (Endurance, Lifeforce, Ironskin, Regeneration, Rage & Wrath)" (just missing a space after the comma between the two potions Lifeforce and Ironskin)

Ranger Combination: "Grants buffs, which are neccessary for Rangers" FIX: "Grants buffs, which are necessary for Rangers"
Mage Combination: "Grants buffs, which are neccessary for Mage" FIX: "Grants buffs, which are necessary for Mages" (just typos)
Tank Combination: "Grants buffs, which are necessary for Tank" FIX: "Grants buffs, which are necessary for Tanks"
Summoner Combination: "Grants buffs, which are neccessary for Summoner" FIX: Grants buffs, which are necessary for Summoners"

And that's all she wrote :sigh:

EDIT: Found Rainbow Flask after Moonlord
"Rainbow Flask: You weapons can inflict multiple debuffs(On Fire!, Frostburn, Cursed Inferno, Ichor, Venom)"
FIX: "Flask of Rainbows: Your weapon inflicts multiple debuffs (On Fire!, Frostburn, Cursed Inferno, Ichor, Venom)
(put potential name change to be consistent with other flasks)
Rainbow Flask is a bit different from other "vanilla" flasks. It actually applies debuffs by any weapon. Not only melee, but ranged. (haven't tested it yet with summons). But I think I will change the name.
And about other texts fixes... I will add them all in the next update. Thank you so much, Count Tobi!
EDIT:
Upgrade v3.9.3
-Reworked NPC texts and items descriptions (with the big help of Count Tobi).
-Added ability to dash to Ninja Potion.
-Gas Containers moved to Young Brewer's shop.

Last edited:
Rainbow Flask is a bit different from other "vanilla" flasks. It actually applies debuffs by any weapon. Not only melee, but ranged. (haven't tested it yet with summons). But I think I will change the name.
And about other texts fixes... I will add them all in the next update. Thank you so much, Count Tobi!
EDIT:
Upgrade v3.9.3
-Reworked NPC texts and items descriptions (with the big help of Count Tobi).
-Added ability to dash to Ninja Potion.
-Gas Containers moved to Young Brewer's shop.
Hey you do what works, glad to be of help man. Saw the changes, awesome work love it! There's a few typos here and there but I'll make a list for them later, figure you could use a break. Gouda Job!

Last edited:
Please please please make it so the potion girl can sell flipper potions. I'm trying to do a underwater duke fishron fight and I hate having to craft them with shiverthorn and waterleaf. Thanks!

Upgrade v3.9.4
-Added 1 new potion from MorePotions to Brewer's second shop.
-Added Flipper potion to Brewer's shop.
-Invisibility potion moved to Alchemist shop.

Upgrade v4.0
-Added 6 more MorePotions's potions.
-Added 3rd shop to Brewer. Avaible by cycling.
-Added Arena shop to Jeweler.
-Added 3 special items to Jeweler's shop in hardmode.
P.S: Cycling is a bit buggy, but still works.

Upgrade v4.0
-Added 6 more MorePotions's potions.
-Added 3rd shop to Brewer. Avaible by cycling.
-Added Arena shop to Jeweler.
-Added 3 special items to Jeweler's shop in hardmode.
P.S: Cycling is a bit buggy, but still works.
The Brewer seems to not be selling any vanilla potions anymore. When I cycle I only get the morepotions shop and a blank one.

EDIT: Nvm, I didn't know that the shops auto cycled. I thought you had to click the cycle shop button.

Upgrade v4.2
-Added Cursed Ice and Icedamned Arrow.
-Added 1 more potion from MorePotions mod.
-Added 3 more potions from Reduced Grinding.

Back
Top Bottom