Alert when someone I follow posts a thread

Good idea?

• Even if we programmed it in, it wouldn't really be worth it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Baconfry

Terrarian
Well, it's exactly what the title indicates.

I'd like to be able to receive an alert when someone I follow posts a new thread. It's a win-win; I get to instantly view new threads by people who I know post interesting threads, and it makes it a bit more worthwhile to have followers.

What do you say?

There is a way to do this. Navigate to the Members tab, and then Recent Activity. Scroll down and click "Your News Feed". Voila.

There is a way to do this. Navigate to the Members tab, and then Recent Activity. Scroll down and click "Your News Feed". Voila.
I know, and I constantly use the News Feed. However, not everyone realizes that the News Feed even exists. So I have to wait in the dark until someone thinks to check their News Feed, which can be a long time.

This problem could also be solved by making the News Feed more visible as I use the forums.

I know, and I constantly use the News Feed. However, not everyone realizes that the News Feed even exists. So I have to wait in the dark until someone thinks to check their News Feed, which can be a long time.

This problem could also be solved by making the News Feed more visible as I use the forums.
Maybe make the News Feed visible on the right side of the forums (where the "Recent Posts" box is on the main site)

Maybe make the News Feed visible on the right side of the forums (where the "Recent Posts" box is on the main site)
If it's visible there even while I'm browsing through threads, then that's a good idea. I really don't see the value of checking the main page too often; I spend all my time in threads. So I'd like to see things there.

If it's visible there even while I'm browsing through threads, then that's a good idea. I really don't see the value of checking the main page too often; I spend all my time in threads. So I'd like to see things there.
That's exactly what I meant, I was giving an example of where the news feed would be, just on the forums, not on the main page.

This is a pretty good forum suggestion and I would most certainly like this. It would add a lot more use to followers, as you stated. Maybe there could also be an additional toggle button just in-case you didn't necessarily want to see every single new thread that the person you followed has posted.

Back
Top Bottom