Biomes & Nature Alien Invasion

Sentance

Terrarian
The Mutation:

Breaking Shadow orbs and Crimson hearts... ‘A meteorite has landed’

But wait, once in hard mode (or maybe post Plantera), one in two will actually say ‘A spaceship has crashed’

As an alternative to the meteorite crash site mini-biome, this is the Alien Landing, a spreading biome that has a 50% chance to replace a meteorite once in hard mode.

After the original pod/ship lands, the player must activate it before it will begin to spread. When the player is in range, the doors will open and as the shields drop, a wave of energy will force the player away, killing them if they are not fast enough. Pipes will burst from the doors and attach to the surface, and begin converting the landscape to the Alien biome, a metallic landscape filled with pipes, cables and green lights. The lighting will be dim, as in the corruption. In the background will be smoggy dystopian skyscrapers with a black and radioactive green colour scheme. Water turns radioactive green with mutant goldfish

The biome essentially reconstructs the surrounding landscape as well as contaminating it. Blocks will be removed by enemy mobs and a road will be created across the surface three blocks high with tunnels running underneath the surface filled with mobs. Access shafts connect the tunnels, all of which will be made out of rubber on the floors, steel gantry on the roof and computer interface walls. Away from the immediate tunnel structures, stone becomes Moonstone and sand becomes Moonsand (both useless).

Trees become Nanotech Hives- hive like bulbs with porous openings atop shafts connected to the terrain via layers of pipes (decoration)

When broken, metal bugs swarm like bees do when you mine hive blocks

Drop- Living Steel

Mobs:

The Mob spawn rate increases closer to the Pod

-Galactic slime (or Shoggoth)

Metallic slime with numerous eyes. Initially appears as an NPC (Captive) but melts into a slime

health: 200
damage: 40
defense: 30

Drop- Grey Goo

-Living Pipes

If you try and mine up the biome before the Pod is defeated, the pipes will behave with Creeper or Worm AIs- Otherwise non-aggressive

health: 150
defense: 10

Drop- Rubber, Grey Goo

-Mech-heads

Security drones with meteor head AIs

health: 230
damage: 75
defense: 20
inflicts: cursed inferno

Drops- 1 Star forged Bar, Mechanical lens

-Biomech Sentries

Metallic spiders with gleaming green eyes

health: 350
damage: 70
defense: 30
inflicts: slow

Drops- Carbon fibre, Mechanical hook

-Neutron Miners

Slow, huge creatures that carve out the tunnels and turn dirt and stone to steel and rubber. These are the ones that spread the Alien biome, and must be destroyed to stop it further corrupting the world. Carve both horizontally and vertically. Use their drill as a shield which is impenetrable, therefore, they must be attacked while facing away from the player- Very slow but high defence and health

health: 5000
damage: 50
defense: 50

Drops- Star Drill- huge but slow drill that can carve out three blocks high or two wide at a time

-Ancient Astronauts

Human-like enemies in white space suits with black visors and ray guns. Very fast attack. Have two phases. When at half health their armour breaks revealing glowing green humanoid creatures. Faster speed and higher damage but less defense

phase one
health: 700
defense: 40

phase two
health: 350
damage: 60
defense: 20

Drops- Spacesuit (vanity), Ray gun

Boss:

The Pod

To stop the Alien biome spreading the Pod must be defeated. As mechanical alien enemies roll of its production line, its four mechanical arms shoot lasers and must be broken off one at a time to shut down the shields, at which point the pod can be entered and deactivated- by flicking the switch- this defeats the Pod and the biome begins to decay- it is reabsorbed by whichever biome it replaced- the Pod itself cannot be mined or destroyed until it decays into stone and dirt

health: 30000
health (arms): 5000 each
damage: 60
defense: 45

Drops- 30 Star forged Bars, Ceramic plating, Fusion rocket, Motherboard

NPC:

When the Pod is defeated, a new Alien NPC- Spaceman- will move in- design based on the Ancient Astronauts

Sells- Stardust, Quantum circuits (Used to make various high-tech weapons and gear), predictions of coming events, Transponder (For 1 Platinum- used to summon another Pod), Grey Goo

Names- Aldebaran, Arcturus, Pollux, Fomalhaut etc

Possible Quotes:
'A certain darkness is needed to see the stars..."
'We have your satellite. If you want it back send 20 billion in Martian money. No funny business or you will never see it again.'
'I looked and looked but I didn't see God...'
'Take me to your Guide.'
'Are you the male or the female of your species?'
'Die young and suffer... I mean, live long and prosper.'
'Resistance is futile.'
''Come in peace'?... hahaha...'
'I am your father...'
'So you noticed my crop circles?'
'Well if they don't like being probed, tell them keep their door shut!'

Gear and Loot:

-Stuff

Rubber- Good for traction

Star forged bars- Used to make stuff

Steel gantry- Serves as platforms but looks more like a block

Anti-light- Torches that make it darker. Similar atmospheric effect to the corruption

Luminous glass- Good for lighting, making various furnishings

Interface walling- Mechanical looking walls- can be crafted into mechanical blocks

Living steel- Type of wood- furniture set

-Armour

Star-forged mech-suit:
Helm- 25 Star forged bars, 2 mechanical lenses, luminous glass and Quantum circuit
Boots- 25 Star forged bars and Rubber
Plating- 30 Star forged bars, carbon fibre, ceramic plating and the motherboard
The entire set gives 60 defense and has the stealth effect even when moving (but not when using a tool, weapon etc) and requires defeating the pod around three times

Living steel armour
Slightly better than Spooky Armour. Increased health regen and releases metal bugs when damage (like bees)

-Weapons

Radiation Bomb- Stardust, quantum circuits, fusion rocket, Star forged ore, twenty of every soul- destroys the biome and kills everything in range- good for removing corruption, crimson and hallow and everything else- does not destroy blocks except snow and ice- evaporates water

Starbreaker- Sword

Laser Canon- Placeable weapon- powerful, but very slow- crowd control

Flask of Grey Goo- Enemies are infested with metal bugs (Contagion debuff) that leap from one enemy to the next on contact

Grey Goo bullets

-Equipment

Fusion jetpack- Insanely fast speed, but not very manoeuvrable

Star Drill- huge but slow drill that can carve out three blocks high or two wide at a time

The Star lifter- Star drill, stardust, Star forged bars- Absorbs all blocks in whichever direction the player moves on touch but not walls and does not damage enemies (maybe)

X-ray goggles- made from two Mechanical lenses and sniper scope- when equipped show the location of enemies and ores- increased ranged damage and allows for scrolling

Homing beacon- Increased enemy spawn rate- enemies can now open doors to reach you- Higher melee damage

Bio-circuits- Increased damage, faster mana and health regeneration, faster movement speed

Fuel cells- Higher magic damage, increases Mana by 60

At the moment the colour scheme is black and green. Would white and blue 'space age' be better?
That’s all for now. If someone can do sprites for this, that would be awesome.

Last edited:
To that entire note, how would a a crashed spaceship or fallen planet( not referring to already known meteor) with minerals and ores. A crashed spaceship would better fit the occasion with the...invasion.
Ideas on super rare materials used the make the spaceship, used for building super rare weapons that need more then the ship can offer to make the weapon. :naughty:

Because there are already three spreading biomes, my idea was for this to be a temporary biome that would dissolve once the boss was defeated, therefore operating differently to any other environment. If the player does not defeat the boss though, there is potential for it to consume the world. So I suppose the Dryad would factor it in. (% Mutated)

Last edited:
Because there are already three spreading biomes, my idea was for this to be a temporary biome that would dissolve once the boss was defeated, therefore operating differently to any other environment. If the player does not defeat the boss though, there is potential for it to consume the world. So I suppose the Dryad would factor it in. (% Mutated)
That sounds interesting
Mutated... Hmm yes

Would be a good idea but we're gonna have the lunar update after all. That's going to be the alien invasion thing.

Interesting idea, 50% seems way too high of a rate though, especially if the npc would sell summoning items.

That is true. I did initially think that 25% would be better, but once you reach hard mode you don't really need meteorite and there aren't as many orbs/hearts left. Should I change it to 1 in 3? Or even less?
Maybe 1 in 3 for the first one, and then 1 in 5 after that?

I'd rather see this theme implemented as an invasion and have Corruption+Crimson and Hallow+1 as counterparts. I'm the kind of guy who likes to keep his world clean and would probably not activate the spaceship at all, as I would be annoyed if suddenly my favorite biome were alienated (get it? get it?)

The concept itself seems well thought out, however.

This sounds fun and a bit sucky at the same time. I'm sick of Crimson and Hallowed, why would I want even more taking over my land?

Back
Top Bottom