Portfolio/Multi-Topic All bricks need moss & 2 additions to research

trigirl48

Terrarian
With 1.4 moss can be harvested & put on grey brick & stone blocks. While it makes sense that moss can grow on them, stone & grey brick don't always fit the aesthetic of what's being built. For example, building the ruins El Dorado in the underground jungle. Gold bricks would be the main building material & while it's possible to make ruins without moss, but moss would be able to give it that addition little bit of realism.

My other idea is to add the "Research x more to unlock duplication" to the items in the crafting menu. Currently, if you're crafting something that's part of a set (like furniture) & you can't remember if you've made another item in the set previously, you have to back out of the crafting menu, open the power menu, open the dupe menu then type in the item you're not sure if you've made yet, then navigate all the way back to the crafting menu. I understand it's not difficult & doesn't take that long but it can be annoying especially if there are several items in succession that you're not sure you've made yet or not.

The last suggestion is I'd like to be able to look up how much of an item I have left to research if I don't happen to have that item in my inventory. There are thousands of items in Terraria which makes it hard to remember what's not learned at all & what's in the process of being learned. Items that you haven't fully researched could be in the dupe menu but greyed out, darkened, or even have a red X over it to signify you haven't finished researching it. Then you can just simply mouse over it & it'll tell you how many of that item is left. This would be especially useful in multiplayer where you can tell the people you're with "Oh hey while you're in the underworld I need 2 more lavaflies" or "Would you mind grabbing me 10 more coral?".

So probably going to just make this an idea dump instead.

The search function for the dupe window could use some work. I understand there are thousands of items in the game but if you type an item type in to the search bar you only get items that have that word in their name or tool tip. Normally that's fine but if you're trying to find a yoyo you can't remember the name of or are trying to put all your swords up on display it's not that helpful. "Yoyo" only results in Wooden Yoyo, not Artery, Cascade, Amarok etc.

Last edited:
I don't want my research list to be flooded with greyed-out stuff but if it's optional that'd be cool.

With 1.4 moss can be harvested & put on grey brick & stone blocks. While it makes sense that moss can grow on them, stone & grey brick don't always fit the aesthetic of what's being built. For example, building the ruins El Dorado in the underground jungle. Gold bricks would be the main building material & while it's possible to make ruins without moss, but moss would be able to give it that addition little bit of realism.
This is especially jarring with other types of stone. Ebonstone, Crimstone and Pearlstone. Gray Bricks and Stone Slabs.

I suppose the moss isn't meant to spread onto those corrupt stones naturally because it wouldn't suit their underground aesthetic? That does present a problem there. But it's a shame to not be able to use the moss on lovely gray brick buildings.

How about this: On surfaces other than stone, you can place moss, but it does not spread.

This is especially jarring with other types of stone. Ebonstone, Crimstone and Pearlstone. Gray Bricks and Stone Slabs.

I suppose the moss isn't meant to spread onto those corrupt stones naturally because it wouldn't suit their underground aesthetic? That does present a problem there. But it's a shame to not be able to use the moss on lovely gray brick buildings.

How about this: On surfaces other than stone, you can place moss, but it does not spread.
Do you mean red brick? Gray brick can have moss on it

Back
Top Bottom