Game Mechanics All ores in one world

Clark Higgs

Terrarian
Hi!
This is an alternate thread of my other suggestion: Ores choice

As it became known, there is a special seed of the world - "5162020", in which there are all kinds of ores: Copper, Tin, Iron, Lead, Silver, Tungsten, Gold, Platinum (Probably also Cobalt, Palladium, Mythril, Orichalcum, Adamantite and Titanium in hardmode). In my opinion, this is a very good decision to have all the ores in one world, because you can get more diverse materials for construction and craft.
Why not make this type of generation (all ores) for any seed? Anyway all of these ores can be found in fishing and extractinator. Why not find all the ores in the mine?

It is likely that the total mass of all ore in the world will remain the same as it is now. This means that each ore will become rarer by about 2 times, so as not to break the balance, because of this, it will be necessary to look for the necessary ore longer. But is it really bad? Terraria has a lot to do that takes a long time: search for the desired item in the chests; kill hundreds of mobs to get the right thing.. I don't think this is a problem.
As an alternative to a long ore search, you can add an ore transmutation function: for example Goblin Tinkerer could be transform 2 iron bars to 1 lead bar (or 1 iron bar to 1 lead bar for money).

This can go hand and hand with wanting both crimson and corruption in your world because there also is a seed for that. The spread would have to be controlled, but I could see this working for the various materials and accessories.

Having options to add all these will make the average player happy IMO.

This can go hand and hand with wanting both crimson and corruption in your world because there also is a seed for that. The spread would have to be controlled, but I could see this working for the various materials and accessories.

Having options to add all these will make the average player happy IMO.
Not sure about simultaneous generation corruption and crimson, but such a separate type of generation is also possible.

The fact that only one type of ore is generated is fine, IMO, because otherwise crafting set of ore gear will be even more hard than it is now, (and with how bad it is, make it less worthwhile). My issue with alternate ores, is that Platinum and Tungsten are just too much better than Gold and Silver (comparatively).

IMO, both for the unique evil-related stuff and worldbound ores, there should be a way to convert them to their 'equivalents' for a small fee. I was throwing around idea of Alchemist NPC, who only sells really basic alchemical supplies, but also provides special service of, for a price, transmuting an item with 'equivalent' into said equivalent. Silver into Tungsten, Platinum Crown into Gold Crown, Band of Starpower into Panic Necklace, Red Solution into Purple Solution, etc. This would solve all issues world exclusivity has right now, IMO.

The fact that only one type of ore is generated is fine, IMO, because otherwise crafting set of ore gear will be even more hard than it is now, (and with how bad it is, make it less worthwhile). My issue with alternate ores, is that Platinum and Tungsten are just too much better than Gold and Silver (comparatively).

IMO, both for the unique evil-related stuff and worldbound ores, there should be a way to convert them to their 'equivalents' for a small fee. I was throwing around idea of Alchemist NPC, who only sells really basic alchemical supplies, but also provides special service of, for a price, transmuting an item with 'equivalent' into said equivalent. Silver into Tungsten, Platinum Crown into Gold Crown, Band of Starpower into Panic Necklace, Red Solution into Purple Solution, etc. This would solve all issues world exclusivity has right now, IMO.
Hmm.. NPC - converter.. I like this idea!

Back
Top Bottom