Game Mechanics Allow minions to gather around cursor

The title says it all. The main reason I suggest this is because this allows an experience similar to that to the yoyo, where in you can tell your minions to follow your cursor and phase through blocks instead of just mobbing you. As minions pass through blocks (with some exceptions) this could be used to eliminate enemies that are rather away from you/behind blocks. This also allows more aggressive minion behavior during, say a boss battle, as instead of them teleporting back to you as you flee, they will instead do their best to follow your cursor and, if you put your cursor on the boss or the edge of the screen if you have low resolution, they will mob and fire at the boss and will most likely miss less since they are closer to their target. This has an even greater effect with minions like sharknadoes because they deal additional contact damage along with their projectile damage.

To tell your minions to gather around cursor, I'd suggest to simply bind that to a long right click for the sake of simplicity, or to be another button on the keyboard. As for console I'd suggest it to be binded to the same button as the "prioritize target" button, and that Gather to Cursor will only toggle when not selecting a mob. No idea for mobile atm.

Last edited:
yes but having it be a long right click makes it exclusive to PC unless you can chose to bind it similar to hotkeys it will be set to nothing by default

oh oops. i didn't think of that. i think for console it should be bound to the same button the target button for minions, and gather to cursor only activates when the cursor isn't on a mob. as for mobile i'd say a button but i don't really know how'd that work considering there's, like, a lot of buttons already xD

Yoyos already have an annoyingly dull and simplistic mechanic, I don't want anything else following them. It defeats the purpose.

well, i do agree that yoyos are simplistic. i just find it annoying that, say, my bees or my sharknadoes can't hit an enemy in like a shaft because their projectiles just hit the blocks all the time, or because they can't actually see it. i think allowing gather to cursor would allow them to utilize their contact damage in a more aggressive manner.

Back
Top Bottom