Weapons & Equip Allow multidirectional attacks with Shortswords.

Cerikeno Drananoki

Steampunker
Ah, Shortswords, the among the earliest stages / transitional weapon of Spears.. Or so I wish they were.

They're not very fun to use at all, due to being bound to horizontal attacks only. I'm proposing a simple change: allow us to aim our Shortsword attacks. I'm not sure how the code works, but I believe it's simple as adding a few states and lines.

.. It's not like I've messed with anything that's not ZDoom Decorate.

If this were to be implemented, it wouldn't be at all necessary due to tridents and spears being in-game.

If this were to be implemented, it wouldn't be at all necessary due to tridents and spears being in-game.

Ah, but that's one of the reasons. Sure, while you'l have the chance of finding a spear early on, you still start with a copper shortsword. Those who come to like shortswords may enjoy spears even more.

Either way, it'd be less like trash than it already is.

Ah, but that's one of the reasons. Sure, while you'l have the chance of finding a spear early on, you start with a copper shortsword. Those who come to like shortswords may enjoy spears even more.
That is pretty true though shortswords have a disadvantage; their range is terrible.

i wouldn't mind seeing shortswords get the aiming ability like spears were given, it would definitely help with the massive drawback of attack range and make them a viable starter weapon category. i would probably find myself actually using them more than 1% of the time if it were the case, since i tend to enjoy the idea of roleplaying in terraria.

Ah, Shortswords, the among the earliest stages / transitional weapon of Spears.. Or so I wish they were.

They're not very fun to use at all, due to being bound to horizontal attacks only. I'm proposing a simple change: allow us to aim our Shortsword attacks. I'm not sure how the code works, but I believe it's simple as adding a few states and lines.

.. It's not like I've messed with anything that's not ZDoom Decorate.
This made it into the game! Congrats, fellow user!

Back
Top Bottom