NPCs & Enemies Allow NPCs to hold and use weapons given to them by the player

Icybow73

Terrarian
Title. Maybe allow NPCs to hold weapons from a class that they suggest? The current weapons they use doesnt really help defend themselves, so why cant the player give them an upgrade? Maybe have some NPCs prefer weapons from a specific class, like the guide uses a bow and arrow, so he could use any bow with default ammo, or you could give him ammo to use with it, or just give him ammo to use for his default bow. The wizard would prefer a magic weapon and another slot for mana potions. The weapons NPCs prefer are of the same type of weapon as their default weapon.

Would weapon preference affect whether the NPC can use them, how powerful the weapon is, or how happy they are using it?

Yes. Include mannequins too.

I am Banmei and I approve this message.

P.S. They will still constantly die but at least they'll look cool doing it.

Would weapon preference affect whether the NPC can use them, how powerful the weapon is, or how happy they are using it?
I'd imagine they'd just straight up not use a weapon that isn't in their class(es). They'd also most likely drop the weapon they were using too (as well as ammo/potions if they needed them to use their weapons) when they died.

I'd imagine they'd just straight up not use a weapon that isn't in their class(es). They'd also most likely drop the weapon they were using too (as well as ammo/potions if they needed them to use their weapons) when they died.
Yeah, that was the intent. They would just deny the weapon and would give it back to you.

Title. Maybe allow NPCs to hold weapons from a class that they suggest? The current weapons they use doesnt really help defend themselves, so why cant the player give them an upgrade? Maybe have some NPCs prefer weapons from a specific class, like the guide uses a bow and arrow, so he could use any bow with default ammo, or you could give him ammo to use with it, or just give him ammo to use for his default bow. The wizard would prefer a magic weapon and another slot for mana potions. The weapons NPCs prefer are of the same type of weapon as their default weapon.
I don't think it would be necessary to give mana potions to the npcs, they don't need mana, the npc wizard already appears to use Flower of Fire weapon without needing mana in the current game, although I haven't tested whether he can use it infinitely in the current game.

Lol the idea of this topic being added to the game would be very interesting, imagine: you talk to an npc then see the "equipment" button where you put armor/ammo/weapon on the screen that opens.
If it were only a weapon, it would still be interesting(using standard ammunition in the case of ranged weapon).

I don't think it would be necessary to give mana potions to the npcs, they don't need mana, the npc wizard already appears to use Flower of Fire weapon without needing mana in the current game, although I haven't tested whether he can use it infinitely in the current game.

Lol the idea of this topic being added to the game would be very interesting, imagine: you talk to an npc then see the "equipment" button where you put armor/ammo/weapon on the screen that opens.
If it were only a weapon, it would still be interesting(using standard ammunition in the case of ranged weapon).
Maybe you could give a small stack of mana potions/ammo to an NPC and they can use it indefinitely?

1. The Wizard sells mana potions himself
2. I dont want them to be overpowered with this idea, so i just came up with the preference idea so only a few instead of every NPC would be able to hold a zenith. It sounded a little overpowered.

1. The Wizard sells mana potions himself
2. I dont want them to be overpowered with this idea, so i just came up with the preference idea so only a few instead of every NPC would be able to hold a zenith. It sounded a little overpowered.
At that point, you'd have beaten the Moon Lord around fifty times. Why not give all of them Zeniths?

Maybe you could give a small stack of mana potions/ammo to an NPC and they can use it indefinitely?
Now i think it might be better to limit the npc to need mana potion, imagine him using last prism over and over.

EDITED:
To be more balanced in the case of ammunition they could use the ammunition you put in them and after the ammunition runs out they use the standard ammunition infinitely.

Now I think it might be better to add it as a mod.
Npc with zenith? Very powerful.

EDITED:
Anyway, maybe this excess of power in an npc is more balanced by adding the fact that he will not drop the weapon you gave him if he dies, so, this way, I think it would fit in the original game without mod. Since in the end, the most powerful weapons in the game are not as easy as going to the npc and buying one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom