Game Mechanics Allow the ability to control backgrounds

PTpirahna

Spazmatism
Am I the only one who hates some of the backgrounds? It's gotten to the point to where I don't want to play on worlds with some of the backgrounds I don't like. So my proposed fix is the ability to choose which background you want. Upon world generation you will be able to choose the backgrounds of the biomes you have visited, so you can't influence the background of biomes you haven't seen before. Make this include the 1.1 cone trees too, as in my experience (or just horrible RNG luck) I just cannot acquire the cone tree background for the forest. Since it's not the most realistic thing in the world, perhaps make it so you can change only one background, so it's as if the player decided to just go find a world (more of an island really) with a specific background.

EDIT: Hard to read wall of text is hard to read, so here's something that is more to the point.

-Let people choose what backgrounds they want for biomes
-Reason being that vanity is nice
-For extra realism, only allow the changing of one background to make it seem like the character is looking at worlds and choosing one specific one with a specific background.

Last edited:
Haha, you should see all my posts on such a seemingly trivial thing. I don't care if x item needs to be nerfed by y amount, just don't give me those :red:ing pine trees in the background. :happy:

I'd love to be able to pick the backgrounds. There is a mod for it currently but official in-game settings would be great.

Background trees should look like this:

0d184618c836603f7d729141e9b5856b1caae972.jpg

not like this:

Wiki-background.jpg

You like them, I hate them. Let us pick at worldgen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom