Blocks & Decoration Allow us to place candles on solid blocks

YES. On my expert world (voodoo demons are impossible to find :p) I brought a water candle, but... no wood...
This would also help me with building! I support this!

Redigit is surprisingly adamant about candles only going on tables.
RED, WHY
Half of them (most of them really) don't even look like conventional candles... and then you can put candelabras on solid blocks but not normal candles? ;_;

Lol.

Im also thinking the same with Piggy Banks.

Since having to carry two wooden platforms around as well to place it during your travels as extra space kinda leaves you one slot without good loot.

Even if theres one slot for regular wood to be used.

You don't use the floating piggybank?

I guess all discussions about such topics are pointless if one creator is "adamant" about something that thousands of players want to change.

Logic would suggest proper discussion and deliberation over dictatorship of 1 person.

But them why we are able to place Candlelabras on solid block without any problems? Candles don't go only on the table but on or near grave(stone)s and for sure gravestone isn't a table or workbench, .....

From an old Cheech and Chong skit, a hippie TV game show.

Emcee: You've told me that you have a hobby. You make candles.
Bob: Yeah, they're really neat. Table candles.
Emcee: Table candles?
Bob: Yeah, you pour wax on a table…
Emcee: Uh huh.
Bob: … and you set it on fire, man.

Disclaimer — Kids, don't try this at home or anywhere else.

Stuff like this is why a lot of people hate Terraria's design choices. The fact that something as simple as this is restricted because the creator "liked it that way", despite being a SANDBOX GAME, is ridiculous. I'd say the same with torch luck, but that was mostly fixed.

Point is, in a sandbox game, simple/minor features (especially decorative ones) shouldn't be restricted in a dumb way because the creator of the game prefers it to be so.

Again, for the third time, this is a sandbox game. Features like this don't impact it very much, but there should be no reason as to why this feature isn't a thing.

End of rant.

Stuff like this is why a lot of people hate Terraria's design choices. The fact that something as simple as this is restricted because the creator "liked it that way", despite being a SANDBOX GAME, is ridiculous. I'd say the same with torch luck, but that was mostly fixed.

Point is, in a sandbox game, simple/minor features (especially decorative ones) shouldn't be restricted in a dumb way because the creator of the game prefers it to be so.

Again, for the third time, this is a sandbox game. Features like this don't impact it very much, but there should be no reason as to why this feature isn't a thing.

End of rant.
The worst thing what I said way before is that you can place Candelabra on solid block but no for candles, which makes less sense because candelabra is more dangerous when knocked down that with candle.
candles on or beside gravestones for spirital belief, ....

This thing is very likely not going to happen, well because final final final update, ...
It would be nice to use candles on the ground than just torches or living flames,

Back
Top Bottom