Allowance to Edit Threads freely.

drain.

Terrarian
This is just a minor that I think should be on the forum. It's an option that allows any forum member to edit any thread present in the forum, allowing fixing of typos, adding details, even making something like a continuous story added on by forum members.

"But Cutswood! Vandalism would occur!"

Yes, of course, so that's why there would be 4 options attached to it.

Don't allow Free-Editing
-Doesn't allow any member to edit the thread except for the OP

Allow Free-Editing
-
Allows all members to edit the thread.

Allow Free-Editing, Permission
-Allows all member to edit the thread, but will send an alert to the poster of the thread, telling them if they will allow the change or not.

Allow Free-Editing, Limited
-
Allows certain members to edit the thread, ex. 'This guy' posted a collaboration thread with 'That guy', and 'Other guy'. But he wants the two others to edit the thread freely also, so 'This guy' puts 'That guy' and 'Other guy' in the editing whitelist, so they can edit it freely.

And to add to this, if a member edit a thread, their name will be put in the edit history, and the date of editing will be also.

Good idea c: I would say that the only flaw would be the fact that robots or hackers may be able to edit a thread, meaning that a thread some random guy spent a entire day typing could be reduced to something stupid. Other than that, this is a really good idea, especially for me since I make alot of typos :dryadgrin:. I give this a Medal of Honer (Greater than Hammer of Approval :dryadcool:)

That's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure the tech exists to support it.

I assume you mean they can edit the OP and not any post in the thread? The latter would be a disaster. The former less so.

If the tech existed - which I've never seen - but I'll look just in case. Doesn't mean it will be added if found, but that's a good first step. ;)

I need to disagree here.

This can be spammed, not fun. Imagine if you were notified everytime someone wanted to vandalise the Wikipedia homepage.

you could be able to go back to an earlier version in the edit history to undo any vandalism

That would be brilliant for suggestions, mods, literature, basically anything that more than one people work on.

Great idea, I hope it's possible though...

I like the 4th option though not so set on the other 3... I can't see them used for much other than trolling(or I should say it would be too easy to troll)

A suggestion:
I think that only pepole at a certian rank should be able to edit, mabey around 750+- posts or something like that, to prevent new users that know nothing about the fourms to accidentially edit the post to the point of not being able to be able to be fixed. Just something for convenience c:

Back
Top Bottom