Game Mechanics Allowing music boxes to play in vanity slots

Snickerbobble

The Painter
I like how we can change the music wherever we are, but doing so takes up an accessory slot, so I feel that recorded music boxes should still play their song while in vanity, or get their own slot like grapples are getting.

Alternatively (or perhaps, also), you could right click a music box in your inventory (sorta like a present) into an activated state and play music from there. Activating a blank music box will allow it to be recorded from inventory.

YEAH!

Last edited:
Have all my love, and yes's
index.php

Pretty sure I saw this here long long ago... unless that was on TO.
There's no real reason as to why it shouldn't, I suppose. It's not as if it affects the gameplay in anyway whatsoever.

As it stands now, there are not many good reasons to sac a whole accessory slot just to listen to another song, so this just makes sense. Much support!

This would have been really helpful during that short phase where the Crimson Surface was giving me panic attacks thanks to it subconsciously associating with a particularly bad nightmare for a few weeks (sound affects my subconscious a lot more aversely than visuals), so I'd have to bring a music box with me just so I could function there (and underground, as underground didn't have a unique theme at the time). Having to sac an accessory slot for it sucked. :dryadsad: While I ultimately got over it, I can see how this could be actually valuable in fringe cases.

Just so long as you still have to equip the BLANK music box in an active slot in order to obtain tunes; gotta make getting the music still be somewhat of a mini-challenge, haha. :dryadcool:

To be perfectly honest, If gps and the new dps detecting tool thing i heard about work in the inventory, I think this should work by just sitting in your inventory.

Right! I am reminded of an additional idea I had that was in another post. Updated the OP with it, music boxes should be playable from inventory instead (or as well). You turn them on/off by right clicking them.

Though this makes things a little messy for.. such a small feature. Hmm.

No other accessory works in the vanity slots, so this might confuse new players and think it has to go in a main slot.. maybe it should only be an inventory thing? I mean, it is a little weird that music boxes are accessories (how do you wear a music box?) and then they're also the only that can't be reforged (which kind of breaks consistency). Maybe I'm thinking too hard about this..

For now, works in inventory, accessory slot, and vanity accessory slot.

Back
Top Bottom