Weapons & Equip Altar of Ascension - Upgrading your pre-Moonlord items to postgame tier

This is certainly a very exciting concept, and I can't see it being ovepowered if upgraded weapons are on par with Celestial tier items.

Ah, but you have to get his treasure bag.
I know that, but I'm talking about when the weapons "Ascend", they change to Rainbow Tier. THAT is meant for the Expert Mode Drops, not just any plain old weapon. Red tier would suit the "Ascended" Weapons more, since Red tier is for weapons crafted from the the Ancient Manipulator. Other than that, I got no problem with this.

Last edited:
I like the idea, but I'd like a few more details. Would it give the weapons new abilities, or just massively increased stats? If so, is there a formula for this, or would each weapon be unique? If that's the case, it could be hard to implement and balance, because the intention seems to be to bring every weapon to a similar level. I'm all for having more options for endgame weapons though, so I certainly support the concept.

Sounds interesting. Lots of other games have it, so why not. Being able to use the weapons you like to beat stuff the new way should be funny.
How many of them are you intending to upgrade? Practically what Vessyl asked.
Also, some of them (Vamp Knives for instance) will become plain OP.
What about armor? Well, probably not, but bringing fishing up to 300+ or something with an Ascended Angler Armor would be nice. Or mowing bosses down with the hitting-like-a-truck Space Gun that actually gives you mana instead of burning it or leaving it intact. Or one-shotting ML with Ascended Coin Gun using one platinum coin...

Sounds interesting. Lots of other games have it, so why not. Being able to use the weapons you like to beat stuff the new way should be funny.
How many of them are you intending to upgrade? Practically what Vessyl asked.
Also, some of them (Vamp Knives for instance) will become plain OP.
What about armor? Well, probably not, but bringing fishing up to 300+ or something with an Ascended Angler Armor would be nice. Or mowing bosses down with the hitting-like-a-truck Space Gun that actually gives you mana instead of burning it or leaving it intact. Or one-shotting ML with Ascended Coin Gun using one platinum coin...
Mind you, the platinum coin would be an ascended copper coin

Mind you, the platinum coin would be an ascended copper coin
Heh, this brings a new level of craz...ascendanness! I thought the coin gun itself shall upgrade, so the same coin would hit harder...
But. Yeah! Coins should ascend as well! A hundred of Platinum Coins merge into a single Meteorite Coin. A hundred of those into a single Crimonite coin. Then Hellstone, Cobbadium, Orythril, Titamantite, Hallowed, Chlorophyte, Shroomite, Spectre and Luminite coins. Then we take a simple unascended Coin Gun and (if I did the calculations correctly) hit the target dummy for 409600 damage non-crit with zero gear... The shot would be a little costly though. Just 10000000000000000000000 Platinum Coins. Aka 10010010010010010011 stacks of them. They'd easily fit into 250250250250250251 chests. Might give it a try some day. Infiniday I mean.

This is a pretty good idea! I would like to upgrade my Nights Edge and Arkhalis to on par with the meowmere

Back
Top Bottom