tModLoader Alternate Dimensions

how do you obtain this mod?, it does not appear to be in mod browser, or a download link
[doublepost=1506224648,1506224286][/doublepost]oh, and does this mod cause more lag?(more land might mean more lag)

how do you obtain this mod?, it does not appear to be in mod browser, or a download link
[doublepost=1506224648,1506224286][/doublepost]oh, and does this mod cause more lag?(more land might mean more lag)
The mod is not available yet, and is on hold until enough smart people work with me to make it a perfect, working reality.

I think I found a bug with the video, no ocean background, and when the mod is released I want to make a dimension that is about medium-large world size.

I also decided to avoid spam, I posted here, is it possible to have a 6x10 furniture size, because this is not working:
TileObjectData.newTile.CopyFrom(TileObjectData.Style6x3);
TileObjectData.newTile.Height = 10;

BTW: when mod is released, will it be possible to have a dimension that is over your world, instead of to the side...

This idea reminds me somewhat of the Realms from N Terraria. It looks like a pretty incredible idea. I do have a question, though: Would I be allowed to release a mod that used this before Alternate Dimensions is fully released? (For example: if I showed how to find this mod and download it?)

This is cool, but it pretty much breaks the definition of the ocean at the right side of the main map.

Edit: I've also noticed it keeps you in the same dimension if you die

Last edited:
Why not store alternate dimension files in *their own worlds?

As for wof / bosses, you might be able to replace Npc.NewNpc with a different method (at runtime).

I'm not sure if this'll help, and I don't have the time to work on the mod, but perhaps something like this could be accomplished by using separate game worlds and transitioning from one to the other?

I'm not sure if this'll help, and I don't have the time to work on the mod, but perhaps something like this could be accomplished by using separate game worlds and transitioning from one to the other?
Already been done, but near impossible to MP sync (I can tell you since I made a library for that). This mod is nice if you want MP compatibility, but really more limited

Already been done, but near impossible to MP sync (I can tell you since I made a library for that). This mod is nice if you want MP compatibility, but really more limited
Yeah, I can definitely see the MP difficulty there. Just trying to help, and I had this idea a while ago, so thought I'd share it.

Yeah, I can definitely see the MP difficulty there. Just trying to help, and I had this idea a while ago, so thought I'd share it.
I mean, I have something in progress (lunar dimension, and I'm not talking about that mod that use this mod). The main problem with MP sync is first gen the world, so you have to upload the generator on the server and then transfer the new world the the client

I was looking for it, first at all: JOPO IS DA BEST <3
Its an absolutely incredible idea, this combination of mods is drivin' me crazy.
Are there other modders working on it in their mods? News?
I love you guys, I hope I can bring cool mods like this in the future, I'm just studying C# and you guys are my heroes.
Terraria Community is alive <3

I was looking for it, first at all: JOPO IS DA BEST <3
Its an absolutely incredible idea, this combination of mods is drivin' me crazy.
Are there other modders working on it in their mods? News?
I love you guys, I hope I can bring cool mods like this in the future, I'm just studying C# and you guys are my heroes.
Terraria Community is alive <3
There is a lot of discussion about different approaches. Unfortunately this or a different approach would take a lot more work to get working fully in multiplayer, so it hasn't really gone anywhere, at least this mod.

There are some things that can be done to fix various bugs, but so many more things would need to be aware of dimensions for this mod to work properly.

Back
Top Bottom