Biomes & Nature Alternate Hallows

What do you think, do these ideas fit the bill? Or do you think they fall short compared to others?

• Both of these ideas are near perfection! I love them just the way they are.

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • The Mythos is great! Definitely want this in the game.

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • The Hollow is great! Definitely want this in the game.

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • These ideas are okay, but I don't want them in Terraria.

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • More content/pictures are needed before I can be sure.

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Neither of these ideas are good.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Why would you bother doing this? we already have the Cyber!

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Booooooo! *throws tomato*

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • None of the above, rather <post response>

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
i absolutely love the ideas, but the banshee enemy seems really annoying. pretty much my only problem with either of them
You think so? They would be about as rare as giant skulls so I wouldn't think it would be too bad =/ But everything here is flexible if enough people wish for it to change ;)

well the thing i mean is how you say it could push you back, even with a cobalt/obsidian/ankh shield.
Well, that would only happen if they used that shriek attack. Their normal attack wouldn't do this, nor would touching them(although that would be unlikely because they would use that shriek ;P) But again, if too many don't like this, no big deal. Everything is flexible.

I really don't like Hallow alt. suggestions, most of them are pretty crappy, but rarely some are good. Anyways this suggestion is alright, needs some work to get more support but from me you have none.

This is a shame: The dude was last seen a month ago. He probably won't log on again, but I want to make my own version of this idea. I dunno, but this is one od the two best Hallow alts I've seen (along with the Confection, which is no longer paired with the Crimson so I don't have to choose).

The Hollow is epic. Not sure you'll ever see this post, as you've pretty much left, but the Hollow's idea is pure genius.
Yeah. The thread pretty much died, so I simply closed the page. Decided to pop in and see what's up. Glad to see people still commenting ^^
Very interesting ideas, It would be great to see them implemented in the game.
:)
I really don't like Hallow alt. suggestions, most of them are pretty crappy, but rarely some are good. Anyways this suggestion is alright, needs some work to get more support but from me you have none.
Bummer. I'm all ears if you have ideas though, feel free to throw em my way.
I say support. Both are what i would like to see in game.
Writing all of this I really became attached to some of the ideas, for instance the Boo-merang and Winged helmet. I too would like to see em in game, but my hopes are not high ;P
This is a shame: The dude was last seen a month ago. He probably won't log on again, but I want to make my own version of this idea. I dunno, but this is one od the two best Hallow alts I've seen (along with the Confection, which is no longer paired with the Crimson so I don't have to choose).
Yeah. like I said at the beginning. Posts dwindled, and so did I. Anyway, feel free to pm me about your own version or whatnot. I'll try to hop on later so I can reply :)

*rubs eyes* Did this just happen? Did he really just respond? :p

Okay then, well, I was thinking of ways to improve your biome. Not gonna make a new thread, but I was thinking of helping you out with the biome.

*rubs eyes* Did this just happen? Did he really just respond? :p

Okay then, well, I was thinking of ways to improve your biome. Not gonna make a new thread, but I was thinking of helping you out with the biome.
Oh, cool. Well I'm all ears! I kinda ran outa steam when the comments stopped. Maybe you can get me rolling again ;P

Oh, cool. Well I'm all ears! I kinda ran outa steam when the comments stopped. Maybe you can get me rolling again ;P
Alright. To start off, a new enemy idea: The Rising Dead. It spawns at night, and flies straight up from the bottom of the screen (like a Meteor Head, but only from the bottom). Other ideas will come shortly!

Alright. To start off, a new enemy idea: The Rising Dead. It spawns at night, and flies straight up from the bottom of the screen (like a Meteor Head, but only from the bottom). Other ideas will come shortly!
I was going to wait until there were more ideas, but it's been like 20 hours. lol. Anyway I like the one idea you have so far, not sure about the name though.

I was going to wait until there were more ideas, but it's been like 20 hours. lol. Anyway I like the one idea you have so far, not sure about the name though.
Alright, thanks!

Anyway, next up, I was thinking. The Decay debuff is cool, but the Hallow doesn't have a debuff, only the evil biomes do. So I thought that Ghostly Decay should summon homing Wisps that travel fast but with a very short range (like the new Shadowflame Hex Doll). As for the Ghost Bullets, they should release 1-3 homing wisps (like the Bees). And Ghost Arrows should be replaced, since Holy Arrows don't use Crystal Shards.

Alright, thanks!

Anyway, next up, I was thinking. The Decay debuff is cool, but the Hallow doesn't have a debuff, only the evil biomes do. So I thought that Ghostly Decay should summon homing Wisps that travel fast but with a very short range (like the new Shadowflame Hex Doll). As for the Ghost Bullets, they should release 1-3 homing wisps (like the Bees). And Ghost Arrows should be replaced, since Holy Arrows don't use Crystal Shards.
Eh, I don't agree. I'm all for the biome being similar, but a complete copy/paste is overkill.

On a side note: I added your enemy idea to the post along with several more textures I made. I appreciate the ideas, I hope you keep posting more :)

Eh, I don't agree. I'm all for the biome being similar, but a complete copy/paste is overkill.

On a side note: I added your enemy idea to the post along with several more textures I made. I appreciate the ideas, I hope you keep posting more :)
Alright! Let's see...

The biome chest weapon! You don't have that yet! How about... the Necromantic Wand? It auto-fires ethereal projectiles that summon 2-5 ghosts upon killing the enemy. These ghosts seek out enemies, dealing the amount of damage that the enemy dealt. The ghosts can create more ghosts with a 20% chance.

Back
Top Bottom