Game Mechanics Alternate walking animation.

Does it work?

• Total voters

Chapwisely

Steampunker
At character selection, you will have the option of alternate walking animations.

Regular:
Springy feet, walk like normal.

Smooth:
Neither feet or torso extend while walking.

Old School:
Stretchy torso, same walking animation since below 1.3

Floaty:
Unlike other animations, this is chosen as an entirely alternate option secondary to existing walk animations.
When wearing robery, the walk animation is replaced with a static frame of the robe walk animation.

Simple enough, let me know if you have any other walking animation ideas in the comments! :redspin:

Last edited:
Please make sprites or put someone to do them.
And you should put more like sneaky, tipsy and lazy those kinda things.

Sprites?

How on earth would someone be able to supply sprites?

OT, I don't really catch what you mean, could you kindly elaborate a bit more?

I'm pretty sure they modified the walking animation so they wouldn't have to bring up the female armor exposedness in the changelog, but it couldn't possibly be that hard to re-enable it as a toggled option.

The "floaty" animation could probably do without the wind noise, though. Perhaps certain mage robes could enable it, but making it permanent for your character no matter their armor might get a bit repetitive.

The amount of new sprites they will need to make..
Since 1.3 will fix the current walking animation, I'll only support an option to show the old animation.

The amount of new sprites they will need to make..
Since 1.3 will fix the current walking animation, I'll only support an option to show the old animation.
Yes that would be an issue, but this is a suggestion after all, and I would like to see some different moving styles :)

Yes that would be an issue, but this is a suggestion after all, and I would like to see some different moving styles :)
I would like to see a sitting animation more than this, and the developers has already mentioned many times that it might not happen because of the tons of sprites they'll need to make and tweak and shiz

Cool idea, I'd like this quite a lot. And the nurse can change your walking style, of course.
Visiting the nurse can change your walking animation to one with a spring in your step? Dohoho, I like this.

For the floating, I think it should be a special effect for complete magic sets.
(eg: Rune Wizard Set, any robe + wizard hat, Spectral set, etc...)
Or maybe we can have the "floating" animation to just robes and such in the vanity slot, I know a handful of people who use robes but don't use wizard hats.

Possibly if the player has gel armor equipped [does gel armor even exist? Not too sure, but hear me out] then they can have the "stretchy" walking animation.
Other than that, if the player has regular armor/vanities, they'd have the regular [post 1.3?] walking animation.

Hmmmm...
Well, maybe I could have the floaty animation exclusive to whenever a robe is warn.
It wouldn't really look good with any other vanity, and the devs would benefit from having to make minor changes, if not, no changes to the current robe sprites. Making it a static frame each robe.

I think it's a good idea if you're into cosmetic changes to the game, but imo I think the torso stretching(Which is fixed in 1.3) is good enough for me as far as cosmetic modifications go.

Back
Top Bottom