NPC_Head_26.png

White zoologist with no fox ears or tail and no full moon transformation
NPC_Head_26.png

Capture 2020-06-06 09_51_32.png
Capture 2020-06-06 09_54_07.png

Credit:
skymory_24 for the zoologist with no fox ears or tail asset
u/scasee for the white zoologist asset

If either of you want me to take this down, just ask.

Attachments

• White_Zoologist.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 870
  • White_Zoologist_No_Fur.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 379
  • White_Zoologist_No_Fur_No_Transform.zip
    8.6 KB · Views: 447
  • White_Zoologist_No_Transform.zip
    9.5 KB · Views: 396
Last edited:
Okay, so why does it have to be white?
The old skin color was fine.
So far 60-70 people disagree with you, finding value in this.

The 'racial identity' of the Zoologist was never defined in the first place. If a texture pack is being offered that makes her black, yellow, or green, who cares? Speaking as someone utterly devastated by the state of the world right now, this really isn't worth starting any race-related arguments over.

Let people be creative, and share their optional texture packs featuring NPC's of whatever skin pigmentation they like without fear of judgement. Turning something so harmless into a race-issue is the last thing we need more of in this twisted world right now.

Last edited:
So far 60-70 people disagree with you, finding value in this.

The 'racial identity' of the Zoologist was never defined in the first place. If a texture pack is being offered that makes her black, yellow, or green, who cares? Speaking as a black person who is utterly devastated by the state of the world right now, this really isn't worth starting any race-related arguments over.

Let people be creative, and share their optional texture packs featuring NPC's of whatever skin pigmentation they like without fear of judgement. Turning something so harmless into a race-issue is the last thing we need more of in this twisted world right now.
I'm not saying this is too much of a problem. I'm fine with it.

The default sprite colour is not fur, it is the colour of their skin - the Zoologist's racial identity has been defined.
While users are welcome to create texture packs editing the sprites however they like (provided that they follow the forum rules) we do not permit any sort of racism, sexism or other discrimination based on those changes.

If you wish to discuss the ethics of a change like this, here is not the place. I suggest you make a thread in the mature discussions section (https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/mature-discussions.202/). I will remind you again, that even there you must still follow all the forum rules which you can find here: Rules

The default sprite colour is not fur, it is the colour of their skin - the Zoologist's racial identity has been defined.
While users are welcome to create texture packs editing the sprites however they like (provided that they follow the forum rules) we do not permit any sort of racism, sexism or other discrimination based on those changes.

If you wish to discuss the ethics of a change like this, here is not the place. I suggest you make a thread in the mature discussions section (https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/mature-discussions.202/). I will remind you again, that even there you must still follow all the forum rules which you can find here: Rules
I'm just confused.
I was just curious as to the explanation behind some of the texture changes.

I'm just confused.
I was just curious as to the explanation behind some of the texture changes.

i can see why they would call it fur, most werewolves have brown fur it was just an honest mistake

Fur as in the ears and tail.

the Zoologist's racial identity has been defined.
No, it hasn't.

None of us (forum moderators included) could possibly specify what her race/ethnicity is supposed to be, since this has never been stated in any official capacity, nor should it be.

The only characteristic we have is her brown/tan skin, which defines nothing in itself (she could be Japanese for all we know). Skin color alone does not define race. Also (as seen on the wiki), her available names racially/ethnically range from very 'white' sounding, to black, Hispanic, Hebrew, Indian, to racially-ambiguous. This is all pretty open-ended, which was clearly the intent. Considering the pool of racially and ethnically diverse names alone, defining her race doesn't even make sense.

Again, let the player decide such things for themselves. As a moderator I'm surprised you've made this mistake, as this only encourages more needless racially-charged drama. Not sure about you, but I'd prefer there were less intolerant and discriminatory remarks frequently revolving around this NPC's human race or her lycanthropy, as-seen in this thread and others. Hopefully you'd want the same.

Last edited:
...has it? Then, mind telling us what it is?

I assume you're referring to her human race. As far as I knew, the only characteristic we have is her brown/tan skin, which defines nothing in itself (she could be Japanese for all we know). On the wiki her available names racially/ethnically range from very 'white' sounding, to black, Hispanic, Hebrew, Indian, to racially-ambiguous. This seems pretty open-ended to me -- which it should be imo. Considering the pool of racially and ethnically diverse names, defining her race doesn't even make sense.

But since you're insisting she's a specific race (unrelated to fur), then it would help to clarify which race she's supposed to be. Would also be nice if there were less intolerant and discriminatory remarks frequently revolving around this NPC's human race or her lycanthropy, as-seen in this thread and others.

All that said, I still don't get why defining such a thing matters in a simple game like Terraria. Leave it up to the player to change and define whatever they please, filling in the lore gaps as they see fit.
Well said personally i could care less if its from the Sahara desert

Your "design question" was you complaining about how "Why does it have to be white?" The answer to your "design question" is preference.
it was a weird question to be fair
It was a perfectly valid question, as far as I'm concerned.

As darthmorf has said, people are perfectly free to make texture packs that, among other things, change the skin colour of characters. However, when you make such a texture pack, you should expect questions like this, and I'd argue those questions are perfectly warranted.

Back
Top Bottom