Blocks & Decoration Alternative Mannequin - Wax Statue

AntithesisEK

Wall of Flesh
Mannequins are certainly useful but they're limited. They could use some more customization options. Some people, myself included, also use mannequins to mimic new NPCs for builds and adventure maps.

K28mXiv.png

Any good Water Temple has fish attendants.

So for decorative and aesthetic purposes, what about an easily made alternative that mimics the way players and npcs appear but does not inflate the NPC count?

I propose Wax Statues.
ANffbAA.png
(Thanks @Milt69466)
Made with Bee Wax
Bee_Wax.png
x10.
(Don't worry, there would be a womannequin counterpart).

8MWm3eN.png

By no means an immersive crowd. Those blank faces are eerie!

Much like the way you'd interact with dressers, when you click on a wax statue there could be a menu for hair, eye and skin tone. After all, you're simply resculpting the wax.

Hypothetically, this addition would allow you to populate your builds for more lively screenshots and adventure maps. This seems like an easier route than say 'dummy' NPCs. Perhaps they could be wire-applicable or animated through enchantments. Though, I'm no coding expert or magician.

What do you think? Would you have use for this unusual kind of decoration?

This is absolutely excellent. Finally a way of making castle guards without posing in different angles, playing at having friends, greeting Redigit on your world...
This definitely needs to be a thing.
Plus there's no real building material from the beehive that works with other things unless painted.

Very cool, but I have a small objection: the QB gives an average of 20 beeswax units, or 2 mannequins. It means that, as hive is limited, those statues are eventually nonrenewable. I suggest using the eternal boss summoners too.

Very cool, but I have a small objection: the QB gives an average of 20 beeswax units, or 2 mannequins. It means that, as hive is limited, those statues are eventually nonrenewable. I suggest using the eternal boss summoners too.
Did you forget the Abeemination? Wait, that needs crisp honey blocks.

Well, will work on a map with an entire custom biome of the surface being 100% hive blocks + honey.

And just like the wood mannequin, the wax mannequin will come alive and kill you in your sleep This is a fantastic idea! When when you place them on a chair would they sit in it like NPC's do in 1.3? Support!

Did you forget the Abeemination? Wait, that needs crisp honey blocks.

Well, will work on a map with an entire custom biome of the surface being 100% hive blocks + honey.
It doesn't need crispy honey anymore. Just honey blocks.

Back
Top Bottom