Items Alternative Method for the Sandstorm in a Bottle

Trklntry

Terrarian
Just having the Oasis (and Mirage) Crates having a 2% chance or so of dropping the Sandstorm in a Bottle would be nice. It the only component (aside from the Cloud in a Bottle, but they're common so it's ok) of the Bundle of Balloons that can only be obtained by one method. So the player doesn't have to jump between worlds unnecessarily.

Another alternate method for pyramid loot could be adding mini-pyramids in the underground desert.
1617150429909.png

Like this.
Also, I think 2% is a bit low. Maybe it could be 6% and include the Magic Carpet in it's loot pool (Pharaoh's set could be a separate 6% chance)?

That's a nice idea. The reason I proposed a 2% chance is just based of precedent essentially (with the Enchanted Sword from Golden/Titanium Crates). Though it'd be much more bearable with the Oasis/Mirage Crates since they're significantly more common, that doesn't mean though that'd I'd want the chance to be so low. But the devs would be more open to it I think if it weren't so high. Imo, the chance for the Enchanted Sword from Crates should be increased at least for the Hardmode variant. (at least a 5% chance)

That's a nice idea. The reason I proposed a 2% chance is just based of precedent essentially (with the Enchanted Sword from Golden/Titanium Crates). Though it'd be much more bearable with the Oasis/Mirage Crates since they're significantly more common, that doesn't mean though that'd I'd want the chance to be so low. But the devs would be more open to it I think if it weren't so high. Imo, the chance for the Enchanted Sword from Crates should be increased at least for the Hardmode variant. (at least a 5% chance)
The issue is that fishing up an Enchanted Sword from crates takes an absolutely ridiculous amount of time. It’s basically 1/7500 per cast to get an Enchanted Sword assuming 100 fishing power, which if you caught something every 3 seconds on average is over *6 hours* of just fishing. Of course Mirage Crates are slightly more common than Golden, but I still wouldn’t want to spend half of my waking time fishing for a sandstorm in a balloon when I can look up a world seed with it and get one in 10 minutes.

I’d personally make its drop rate from crates fairly high myself, something in the margin of 10-15%.

Back
Top Bottom