Always keeping the power on. (Maybe Daytime/Nighttime sensors)

Nali D

Terrarian
Hello. I just hooked up some wires to a timer and some fireworks I wanted to run 24/7, and I was wondering if it's at all possible to have it so that when I exit and then load back into the world, to have them activate without me touching anything. Essentially, once I turn that timer on, I want it to still be running when I load into my world after quitting. I asked in a different section and was told that maybe daytime/nighttime sensors are a solution, but you guys are the pros and I'm very much not. If you could give me some options (or if the sensors are my only option) and explain how to put them together, that would be amazing. Thank you.

I thought about that, but then when I'd port back home I'd hit it. I tried a sensor for only NPCs and the same thing happened, when they'd step back over the sensor the timer would deactivate. Maybe the player above sensor though, I'm not sure how those work tbh but hopefully they're different from the plates and won't deactivate the timer, I'll take a look.

Day/Night sensors are not the solution. They only send signal when daytime state changes, so if you leave the game at 4.31am, next time you join, pulse will be sent at 7.30pm, ~15min after joining.
What you want, is world load detector, there's a couple of threads that survived forum upgrade based on liquids, and those will probably require readjusting because of 1.4 changes. There was dummy based detector, with some limitations, but as far as I can guess liquid based ones also have them.
Now, what you need, is not have a system running 24/7, not be too lazy to flick a switch every login, a pressure plate with a mechanism that will only send the signal down the line only when the world is first loaded.
Don't recall if there are other ways to do it atm, but having a pressure plate start a long timer, that in turn starts a short timer, that will both 1) provide pulses to the mechanism down the line 2) keep toggling long timer so it'll never send pulse again.
P.S. Don't let people tell you what you want/need.

Last edited:
I don't want or need any of these things.

Kidding, I do. And it's not about being lazy, it's more just it looking nicer to teleport to the pylon and the show already set up, especially if I'm playing with other people and they happen to reach there first. I'll look into these, thank you very much for your help

Back
Top Bottom