PS4 am i missing something with housing rules?

ZeroJinKui

The Destroyer
ok, i have a growing village in my new 1.3 world, for the most part, i know how houses work... i have a medium/large-ish longhouse-like building that has four rooms in it, two downstairs, two upstairs, the rooms are separated with vertically-placed wood platforms, instead of walls and doors, they're perfectly suitable.

this is despite the fact that the upper rooms' walls are slightly shorter than 3 blocks on the ends and are slanted for a nice-looking roof/ceiling.

but, this large building i made as a clinic, i have the nurse living on the bottom floor, second floor has beds on it, and the upper floor is the largest room, all the usual requirements satisfied... but for SOME reason, "it's not valid housing"... despite the walls on the ends being taller than the longhouse's upper rooms, and there being plenty of space and lights and furniture, etc.

i tried multiple things... i even tried lowering the height of the room by placing wood platforms a few blocks high as a ceiling, i checked the housing query, and it said it was fine, it was just missing a light source.

so, i added a lightsource, meeting ALL the requirements... and suddenly it is no longer valid housing.

this is not a new thing, this kinda thing happened in previous versions of the game, as well... i was hoping it would be different now, but... apparently not.

so what is this invisible requirement that i am somehow missing that seems to invalidate the house between lacking one requirement and meeting all requirements?

sadly, "this is not valid housing" is not exactly... helpful.

i have no choice but to put the dryad in the room with the beds, which makes it kinda cramped and stupid looking... it's like the game refuses to accept NPCs having a lot of room for themselves, and only accepts having them stuffed into closets.

but that is just odd to me... because i have seen plenty of other people's houses where they have NPCs living in massive rooms... so what am i missing?

ok, i have a growing village in my new 1.3 world, for the most part, i know how houses work... i have a medium/large-ish longhouse-like building that has four rooms in it, two downstairs, two upstairs, the rooms are separated with vertically-placed wood platforms, instead of walls and doors, they're perfectly suitable.

this is despite the fact that the upper rooms' walls are slightly shorter than 3 blocks on the ends and are slanted for a nice-looking roof/ceiling.

but, this large building i made as a clinic, i have the nurse living on the bottom floor, second floor has beds on it, and the upper floor is the largest room, all the usual requirements satisfied... but for SOME reason, "it's not valid housing"... despite the walls on the ends being taller than the longhouse's upper rooms, and there being plenty of space and lights and furniture, etc.

i tried multiple things... i even tried lowering the height of the room by placing wood platforms a few blocks high as a ceiling, i checked the housing query, and it said it was fine, it was just missing a light source.

so, i added a lightsource, meeting ALL the requirements... and suddenly it is no longer valid housing.

this is not a new thing, this kinda thing happened in previous versions of the game, as well... i was hoping it would be different now, but... apparently not.

so what is this invisible requirement that i am somehow missing that seems to invalidate the house between lacking one requirement and meeting all requirements?

sadly, "this is not valid housing" is not exactly... helpful.

i have no choice but to put the dryad in the room with the beds, which makes it kinda cramped and stupid looking... it's like the game refuses to accept NPCs having a lot of room for themselves, and only accepts having them stuffed into closets.

but that is just odd to me... because i have seen plenty of other people's houses where they have NPCs living in massive rooms... so what am i missing?
It can be possible that a room is too large to be considered valid. But I understand your confusion when you made the room smaller, added the light source that it said it needed, and suddenly it wasn't valid. If you had a screenshot of the area that isn't working that would help trying to figure it out.

It can be possible that a room is too large to be considered valid. But I understand your confusion when you made the room smaller, added the light source that it said it needed, and suddenly it wasn't valid. If you had a screenshot of the area that isn't working that would help trying to figure it out.

eh, i don't really upload stuff typically, cause i have no social networking stuff, and i don't use random image sites, etc... but i have a feeling that any answer i got would involve basically tearing the building apart, which i would hate to do after all the work i went through.

makes no sense that large rooms can't be lived in... small rooms i can understand, since there isn't enough room... but large rooms?

I had this similar problem on my Xbox 360 a couple of months ago. I just built new houses w/ the minimum requirements like I always do and tore down the other houses and everything went back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom