PC Am i ready to fight the moon lord?

Clockwork Alpha

Skeletron Prime
I have beetle armor w/ the shell

I have a nebula blaze, and stacks of greater mana potions

I have a UFO mount, the stardust dragon minion, and 1 deadly sphere minion.

I have a bewitching table and a crystal ball which I can use for the fight.

My accessories that I will end up using are primarily the Ankh Shield and Paladin's shield. I have lightning boots and steampunk wings too but i don't need these. I had a fifth accessory, but I forgot what it was (since I'm unable to get on right now). One accessory is warding, the other is hard (+1 defence)

Am i ready? I might create a weapon out of the last celestial tower i have to destroy (solar) but im not sure which one.

Once i defeat the solar tower, i will quickly try to make a bunch of super healing potions.

My tactic is to get all the eyes down to low health and kill them quickly afterwards, then attack the heart

Best advice I have for you, is make a long bridge out of asphalt and have your nurse by the spawn. The Moon Lord doesn't despawn and is very slow, so if you reach the end of your bridge and need health, teleport home and heal etc and wait for him to come back and continue the fight. I used this method without a mount, but I'm sure a mount would work as well. Paladin's Shield is only helpful on multiplayer for tanking, so if you're doing it alone I'd suggest replacing it with something else.
The Moon Lord has a tentacle that attaches to you and can recharge up to 3000 health with little wisp like destroyable things that he seems to suck from you, although your health isn't decreased, so pay attention to those. I ran across the bridge to outrun the tentacle and returned then to attack the eye (Cause it closes while the tentacle is out).
In the end it's up to you to figure out what you work best with. I hope this helps!

Best advice I have for you, is make a long bridge out of asphalt and have your nurse by the spawn. The Moon Lord doesn't despawn and is very slow, so if you reach the end of your bridge and need health, teleport home and heal etc and wait for him to come back and continue the fight. I used this method without a mount, but I'm sure a mount would work as well. Paladin's Shield is only helpful on multiplayer for tanking, so if you're doing it alone I'd suggest replacing it with something else.
The Moon Lord has a tentacle that attaches to you and can recharge up to 3000 health with little wisp like destroyable things that he seems to suck from you, although your health isn't decreased, so pay attention to those. I ran across the bridge to outrun the tentacle and returned then to attack the eye (Cause it closes while the tentacle is out).
In the end it's up to you to figure out what you work best with. I hope this helps!
I have a long asphalt bridge too, but I think my plan now is to make sure the moon lord follows me far enough away from my base using my UFO where I can get healed and re-prepare myself before facing it again. As for the paladin's shield, I'm using it just for extra defence. I don't think I have anything else that I'd rather replace it with right now. My arena and asphalt platform is just above my base, and coincidentally my nurse is right next to the asphalt platform.

EDIT: I may replace Paladin's shield with a Philosopher's Stone

I have a long asphalt bridge too, but I think my plan now is to make sure the moon lord follows me far enough away from my base using my UFO where I can get healed and re-prepare myself before facing it again. As for the paladin's shield, I'm using it just for extra defence. I don't think I have anything else that I'd rather replace it with right now. My arena and asphalt platform is just above my base, and coincidentally my nurse is right next to the asphalt platform.

EDIT: I may replace Paladin's shield with a Philosopher's Stone
You should be fine with that then. The fight isn't hard per se, it just takes a long time. Good luck!

That happened to me too I was gonna go defeat the last pillar and I got martians, then a blood moon, then a solar eclipse. I think it's just unfortunate coincidence though xD
Yep. It kind of ruined my plan to use the magic mirror though, since I'd get mauled by Mothrons and Saucers

changed plans and used the guide that happydays put out.
my body is still shaking and i won by less than 10 HP.

I was awarding with the portal staff though, which seems cool.

Back
Top Bottom