WIP Amateur builder... trying to figure out how to make this or if its even possible in a 2d setting

Phoque

Steampunker
So. Im trying to make a pier with restaurants, bars, and houses. right now I'm trying to make the bar and I want it to look like this Image.jpg but with something like this Screenshot 2021-03-14 045108.png on the top of it. I've got something im somewhat satisfied with for the design of the top (tried to give it as much depth as I currently know how) and I'm just unsure how I'd be able to put it there in a way that looks like it idk has depth? since the roof from pic 1 is flat and circular. I just have noooo clue how to go about this. any tips? Here is what I have built so far
Screenshot 2021-03-14 050806.png

Ok I scrapped and started over and with a bit of brain power I made it into this!
Screenshot 2021-03-14 062143.png

Now I'm not entirely happy with this yet... But I do feel like im getting a bit closer to what i want! if anyone knows what I can change to make it look better just lmk, I've been up for 4 hours later than I should be trying to figure this out haha

try to add some darker paint to make it look like shadows for that 3d look
where would I paint that at? another problem arises is that the large bamboo beams and the roof are already painted so I'm not sure where id be able to do that :(

Ok I scrapped and started over and with a bit of brain power I made it into this! View attachment 312155
Now I'm not entirely happy with this yet... But I do feel like im getting a bit closer to what i want! if anyone knows what I can change to make it look better just lmk, I've been up for 4 hours later than I should be trying to figure this out haha
Figure I'll just use this thread to continue to document my progress now :)
Screenshot 2021-03-15 023357.png

So this I figured started to look REALLY good to me atleast but then I decided to try and drop the 3d a bit since this wont be an npc house up here
Screenshot 2021-03-15 023419.png

and have decided to go with this! I think this looks MUCH better. I'm just unsure where to go from here with it now haha

Figure I'll just use this thread to continue to document my progress now :)
View attachment 312238
So this I figured started to look REALLY good to me atleast but then I decided to try and drop the 3d a bit since this wont be an npc house up here
View attachment 312239
and have decided to go with this! I think this looks MUCH better. I'm just unsure where to go from here with it now haha
So this is what I have so far now...
hmmm.png

Still pretty unsure of what I am doing with this haha. I do think the bamboo beams really help give it some depth but I really am not sure how I'm gonna make this background wall look like a well... floor instead of a wall? also unsure of how im gonna connect this to my pier... we will see I suppose!

Back
Top Bottom