Biomes & Nature Amber Generation in the Jungle

Should amber generate in the underground jungle?

• Yes.

Votes: 33 82.5%
  • No.

Votes: 7 17.5%

• Total voters
I kinda like that you can get amber out of fossils, for the reason Leinfors pointed out. And it does seem there's a much higher rate of amber when using fossils in the extractinator. So Red probably put a lot of thought in it. :p

Well, if we're going to use the logic of amber belongs in the desert because amber takes millions of years to form and the desert could once have been a forest millions of years ago and the current forest probably wasn't a forest millions of years ago (which I disagree with half that logic), then the underground jungle still makes sense because of proper logic. Both of where amber is typically found and the fact most things from millions of years ago are now buried deep in the ground. Wait... Things millions of years old are buried deep in the ground.... Underground jungle is rather deep underground.... Hmmm.... ;)

In any case, I don't really like the thought of crafting it directly, I prefer the thought of harvesting it from trees. However, I also think 1-3 per tree is a bit much. I mean, I could make one tiny 100 block long jungle and harvest tons of amber, way more than any regular gem. Perhaps a 1 in 3 chance to get an amber from the tree? But... I also think there should be a rare chance for it to be an amber mosquito. Perhaps 1/100? 1/250? I won't dare say 1/5000 like from the extractinator, since that 1/5000 chance took me about 28000 tries to get one....

Well, if we're going to use the logic of amber belongs in the desert because amber takes millions of years to form and the desert could once have been a forest millions of years ago and the current forest probably wasn't a forest millions of years ago (which I disagree with half that logic), then the underground jungle still makes sense because of proper logic. Both of where amber is typically found and the fact most things from millions of years ago are now buried deep in the ground. Wait... Things millions of years old are buried deep in the ground.... Underground jungle is rather deep underground.... Hmmm.... ;)

In any case, I don't really like the thought of crafting it directly, I prefer the thought of harvesting it from trees. However, I also think 1-3 per tree is a bit much. I mean, I could make one tiny 100 block long jungle and harvest tons of amber, way more than any regular gem. Perhaps a 1 in 3 chance to get an amber from the tree? But... I also think there should be a rare chance for it to be an amber mosquito. Perhaps 1/100? 1/250? I won't dare say 1/5000 like from the extractinator, since that 1/5000 chance took me about 28000 tries to get one....

Those sound like fair propositions. I'll change it.

I feel like Amber is linked somewhat to the Underground Desert, due to the Amber Staff requiring Sturdy Fossils to be made and all, however I do agree that it's pretty rare to find. Perhaps just making Amber Mosquito a rare item in Ivy/Living Mahogany Chests would be fine, since that thing is ridiculously hard to find (I love the Extractinator and I've never gotten one ever).

I feel like Amber is linked somewhat to the Underground Desert, due to the Amber Staff requiring Sturdy Fossils to be made and all, however I do agree that it's pretty rare to find. Perhaps just making Amber Mosquito a rare item in Ivy/Living Mahogany Chests would be fine, since that thing is ridiculously hard to find (I love the Extractinator and I've never gotten one ever).
I have 3 amber mosquitoes now. I didn't get my 1st until about 28k silt/slush, got my 2nd at 30k, 3rd at 33k. I'm somewhere around 40k now but still only 3 amber mosquitoes.
Yeah, they are stupidly rare. I should have roughly 8 using the odds of 1/5000 from the Extractinator, not a mere 3. And seriously, 28k silt/slush before I got even ONE?? -_-

I have 3 amber mosquitoes now. I didn't get my 1st until about 28k silt/slush, got my 2nd at 30k, 3rd at 33k. I'm somewhere around 40k now but still only 3 amber mosquitoes.
Yeah, they are stupidly rare. I should have roughly 8 using the odds of 1/5000 from the Extractinator, not a mere 3. And seriously, 28k silt/slush before I got even ONE?? -_-
This likely would not be a very good alternative to extracting silt, but yeah, that RNG man. x -x

Back
Top Bottom