Items Ammo crafting buffed!

This idea is:

• Good as it is.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Needs improvements, I will write them on the comments.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Bad.

• I don't like it thou.

• I expected a potatoe bullet/arrow.

• Total voters

Cthugh

Cultist
Introduction:
Historically, special arrows and bullets are crafted in bulks, and 'rangers' need to farm for materials to craft them, it is not bad but it can become tedious pretty quickly. And especially for rare type of ammunition, for example luminite arrows.

I see the grinding problem on five bullet types, but two of them are easy enough to come across: meteorite, crystal (easy), chlorophyte, cursed/ichor (easy), and luminite. I'm still tweaking the arrows but unholy, jester, cursed/ichor, holy, chlorophyte and luminite are possibilities.

So, for those hard-to-mass-produce ammo I was thinking if I could cut out the middle man. I know it won't be a popular idea, maybe.

The Idea:
Basically a crafting station that helps you to mass produce or entirely cuts the ingredients for the bullets. For example:

-A Space infuser that 'alters bullets properties to match those of meteorite' basically turning them in meteor shots. It can't produce more than a stack a day. (Maybe also jester's arrows)

It would require some middle-end game equipment (early-middle hardmode) and can be improved to craft more advanced equipment. For example: 8 Adamantite (or Titanium) bars, 12 souls of night, 12 meteor bars on a mytril/orihalcum anvil.

-Later on a better crafting station that have a chance to seriously increase the amount given of the bullet crafted, this applies to all bullet types crafted there. +10% (50% chance), +50% (15% chance) or a whopping +80% (5% chance). I call it: the Sated infuser (15 Shroomite bars, 8 ectoplasm and a bucket of honey)
-or simply have a chance of no use materials

-[Polemic] Later one that can mass produce chlorophyte arrows and bullets with mud (because it has a bit of raw chlorophyte inside and it grows into the mud you pour inside, and automatically turns it into the ammo desired, you also need to include the arrow or bullet and a lot more of mud than conventionally) (this would turn dirt into something useful!) It can't produce more than a stack a day.

-[even more polemic] a infuser capable of creating luminite ammo! But only 499 a day. So I can use more of it!

Idea #2
Pouches for everything!

WIP

But:
-A pouch that changes it contents at a crafting station! So it contains either meteorite bullets, cursed, etc... Up to Crystal!

-Or even better! A pouch that shoots a random type every shot! Crafted with an infinite bullet/arrow pouch and lots of the other ammunition types (999) at the ancient manipulator.

Disclaimer: Some may say "if you don't want to farm that much then play as another 'class'" but I like bullets and arrows more than magic thingys; or "that's the game" but that's a suggestion thread so I can make suggestions; or "there are easy to build farms that can give you materials quickly" but this game is not a farming simulator, I know I have to grind for some things but come on, it ain't Minecraft (joke haha). Or you may say something extremely logical and I would have no complaints, so thanks!

TL;DR: an idea to cut the middle man in crafting ammunition or buff the crafting process.

Thanks for reading! Any recommendation is welcomed!
Pd: sorry if Potatoe English was used. It is not my first language.
Edit: minor changes in the lexic used.
Added pouches!
Added special workbench

Last edited:
making ammo easier to come by is a good idea, but i would just make it so there's more types of endless pouches/quivers or make the arms dealer sell them.

edit: i just had a flashback of my first post on TCF. it was a suggestion, and you were the first one to comment on it. i guess now i'm returning the favor.;)

Last edited:
making ammo easier to come by is a good idea, but i would just make it so there's more types of endless pouches/quivers or make the arms dealer sell them.

edit: i just had a flashback of my first post on TCF. it was a suggestion, and you were the first one to comment on it. i guess now i'm returning the favor.;)

Holy cow! Someone remembers me...;(

And yeah, I was thinking maybe the pouch could work but I would limit it to meteorite bullets, unholy arrows and cursed/ichor to prevent it from being too much OP.
Just imagine infinite chlorophyte arrows with no repercussions. Beautiful yet chaotic and too OP.

But I have a crazier idea! A pouch that changes it contents at a crafting station! So it contains either meteorite bullets, cursed, etc... Up to luminite!
Or even better! Shoots a random type every shot with a higher chance of being a normal bullet or a simpler one!

Why not just a special workbench, an ammunition press, that works similarly to the Alchemy Table?
Creating any type of ammo would have the chance of not using up ingredients.

After thinking about it I will remake most of this suggestion, what I want is to improve the usage of more ammo types so in everyday situations we use them more.

usually I go with a lot of venom arrows because they are easy to make, why not make a quiver that let me fire chlorophyte arrows? I like them, they are funny, but not resource efficient nor cost efficient, I rather use them into bullets and they would do a hell of a lot more damage. But my suggestion is to make use of what differentiates ranger from everything, the same weapon can do a lot with different ammo.
That's why I love crystal bullets with rapid fire weapons
Or darts that bounce around endlesly
Or bullet that home into enemies
Or explosions!

And that's what am aiming for, I will remake this, propose more ammo types and let's see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom