Game Mechanics "Ammo Select"

IceTime

Skeletron Prime
In game the ammo we use to shoot it will be use as first or top ammo of inventory or ammo slot. but some ammo it have debuff like Venom bullet, Nano bullet etc. Then i propose to make a new button to select a ammo slot(like press "z" to select slot 1) to use as ammo slot as we select that will make game more advanced such I select a Nano bullet for debuff then switch to Explosive bullet for doing damage. This is all of my little suggestion I hope this is helpful for any player that play as rangers more or less. thx :3

I like the idea, I wouldn't say why not, though it'll be better if it only applies to the ammo's in the ammo slots. (It would be a pain to manage through more than 4 otherwise.

Maybe eventually also a small hud that shows the current equipped ammo.

Most people still have z bound to the quickbuff so maybe f to scroll through the ammo slots. Also, if you have half of your ammo slots taken up by arrows and the other half by bullets, holding a gun and pressing f should only scroll through the bullets and the same with bows and arrows.

Most people still have z bound to the quickbuff so maybe f to scroll through the ammo slots.
It's still default by 'B', and I still use the 'B' hotkey as well. You shouldn't take configuration of others into account. when he's suggesting a default button. Since that's a player preference.

It's still default by 'B', and I still use the 'B' hotkey as well. You shouldn't take configuration of others into account. when he's suggesting a default button. Since that's a player preference.
Wait, the default is b? Last time I messed with my controls was at least two years ago so I don't remember a thing. I had it bound to z so I assumed that was the default.

My default is b nevermind.
Sur said:
"if you have half of your ammo slots taken up by arrows and the other half by bullets, holding a gun and pressing f should only scroll through the bullets and the same with bows and arrows."
That good idea guy we can't select arrow and scroll through it when we hold a gun or we can't select bullet and scroll through it when we hold a bow thank for opinion. :3!

Maybe have it work like the Grand Design, with right clicking bringing up your 4 ammo slots in each cardinal direction. Ammo that doesn't work with your ranged weapon is greyed out and unselectable, while left clicking immediately after right clicking switches to the next valid ammo slot down.

Back
Top Bottom