tModLoader Ammobox+

As a veteran, long-timer terrarian, and as a Ranger-Main, I have to say that this mod is one of the most exciting mods on paper.
Sadly, after several tries I cannot actually feel any difference in a run.
At first I said "Man, how can I judge a mod without doing a full run with it? Gotta give everything a chance!"
I did that, and my sad suspicions were true.
Because of some design errors, the mod actually fails to make it's presence be known in a run...it asks for so much that it's easier to skip over. By the end of the run, one barely remembers it being added to the mod list in the first place.
Now now, I know what it feels like to have people talking **** about your work of love and I am not here to just talk trash, because the idea is definitely something I know I would enjoy as well, but some big mistakes were made when designing this. Either that, or it is geared Heavily to be used in concjuction with some other mods I might've missed, or made to be enjoyed by a more hard-core audience.
For one, the ammunition is brutally over-priced.
I don't know how strong it is, because I never made any of them. It asks for too much. One crystal heart and one mana star for TEN rocketes?
... What? Did I miss the memo? Is the world filled with heart crystals? Am I supposed to run a mod that allows me to craft dirt into HCs or buy them from a shopkeep???
I cannot see using for any reason, since crafting even just 300 would require an exorbitant amount of crystal hearts...Lanters are a better investment for those, large arenas need a lot of those.
And this is true for the rest as well.
All of the crafting recipes are very expensive and give VERY little for what they ask.
They might be powerfull, but you -don't- counteract that by making them very expensive...That is not how balance works.
It's usually better to tone down powers and make items more accessible with easier crafting recipes or higher amounts per craft.
But (almost) never by making stuff more expensive, especially THIS expensive.
The ammoboxes, well...I was hoping they'd drop the special ammo types this mod adds. But I did an entire run and nothing special, only vanilla types.
The proble I found with the ammoboxes was that they don't give meaningful amounts of goods...100 of some random ammo type...I mean sure, thanks? I'll throw it in the storage, where it will rot till the last boss is defeated and I leave the world behind. If I use a specific ammo type I need LOTS from it, and I don't use every type, obviously.
So, it gives me a minimal amount from the ones that I do use, and also of ones that don't get used.
Doesn't really contribute to the run in any real way.

At the end of the run, which was a quite Lengthy calamity-type run, I realised that this mod was weak.
It has a good idea behind it, but everything it provides is too weak or difficult to get. Ammo is too expensive to invest in, ammoboxes give worthless amounts.
Overall, wherver I have this mod on or off in that run, would have had no consequence, because it didn't contribute with anything to the adventure.

And I'm sad because I can see this mod having a lot of potential. I don't write things like these about mods and content I don't care about.
If I list the errors of something, I do it because I love the idea and I want it to grow past the little mistakes, and become great.

Whetever you agree with me, or grow an eternally burning flame of hatred towards me and my every action, even breathing, I still hope that you will be able to make your mod better in any way possible after reading my post.
If you learned anything or got some helpful insight into something then I'll be glad.
If not, then I am terribly sorry for stealing your time with my silly speech.
Either way, I am wishing you good luck with future developments of any of your works!
May your beard be thick and your gold satchels heavy.

sincerely: AdmiralBacon (on the forums)
MECHARAUSER (on steam)

I hear your concerns and i understand. thanks for the feedback. we will adjust the ammounts recieved accordingly. however i must correct you on some points:
1. ammoboxes CAN drop the modded ammotypes. you probably just where unlucky. but if we get more of that complaint we may change it so that only modded ammo comes out.
2. calamity powerscaling is intentionally not a thing. this mod was never designed to compete in calamitys vastly bigger powerscaling. we as devs did not feel that the mod should have that kind of power becaus eit would automatically unbalance it in every run that doesnt contain calamity. This mod is intended to be used in vanilla runs with vanilla powerscaling.

feedback is espicially vital if its from other ranger mains

Last edited:
AMMOBELT UPDATE

ddcq8cq-66aa7aee-dc6d-46a1-ac03-9f5925305224.png

So this is it. The final big contentupdate. We have intoduced our first and only equippable items. After this there will only ba a crafting rebalancingpatch and nessecary fixes for compatibility with new versions of the game and modloader.

We hope you enjoy

Last edited:
I hear your concerns and i understand. thanks for the feedback. we will adjust the ammounts recieved accordingly. however i must correct you on some points:
1. ammoboxes CAN drop the modded ammotypes. you probably just where unlucky. but if we get more of that complaint we may change it so that only modded ammo comes out.
2. calamity powerscaling is intentionally not a thing. this mod was never designed to compete in calamitys vastly bigger powerscaling. we as devs did not feel that the mod should have that kind of power becaus eit would automatically unbalance it in every run that doesnt contain calamity. This mod is intended to be used in vanilla runs with vanilla powerscaling.

feedback is espicially vital if its from other ranger mains
Oh, yes, I forgot to add!
I opened over 120~ ammo boxes.
Nothing. Modded.
I harldy believe that someone gets unlucky one hundred and twenty times in a row.
Always just pre-hm or post-hm vanilla ammo. Nothing special what-so-ever.
So, that definitely needs Fixing.

Also when I mentioned calamity, you misunderstood my point.
I was trying to point at the fact that the mod managed to not make its presence apparent even with a calamity-length ultra-long run.
AKA how it gave too little to be usefull, and how the prices were too much.
I wasn't actually comparing it to calamity's powerscaling what so ever, I just mentioned calamity because those runs are extra long.

I just thought I'd clarify that, to make sure no misunderstandings would remain.

RPG Launcher from lithos armory does not shoot with this mod enabled, but still consumes ammo (Rocket Alpha from lithos armory) . it says this to log
Code:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at Antiaris.ItemStop.SetDefaults(Item item)
   at Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.SetDefaults(Item item, Boolean createModItem)
   at Terraria.Item.SetDefaults(Int32 Type, Boolean noMatCheck)
   at Terraria.Item.CloneDefaults(Int32 TypeToClone)
   at AmmoboxPlus.AmmoboxGlobalItem.Shoot(Item item, Player player, Vector2& position, Single& speedX, Single& speedY, Int32& type, Int32& damage, Single& knockBack) in AmmoboxPlus\AmmoboxGlobalItem.cs:line 79
   at Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.Shoot(Item item, Player player, Vector2& position, Single& speedX, Single& speedY, Int32& type, Int32& damage, Single& knockBack)
   at Terraria.Player.ItemCheck(Int32 i)
   at Terraria.Player.ItemCheckWrapped(Int32 i)
   at Terraria.Player.Update(Int32 i)
   at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
   at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform.RunLoop(Game game)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
   at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
   at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
   at Terraria.FNALaunch.Main(String[] args)

Last edited:
How do you obtain the three weapons added by this mod? Are they cheat items?
they are rare drops from bosses. they all drop on their appropriate difficulty since they are just reskins of existing weapons. for an instance my devweapon drops on moonlord since its a reskin of the moonlord assultrifle

RPG Launcher from lithos armory does not shoot with this mod enabled, but still consumes ammo (Rocket Alpha from lithos armory) . it says this to log
Code:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at Antiaris.ItemStop.SetDefaults(Item item)
   at Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.SetDefaults(Item item, Boolean createModItem)
   at Terraria.Item.SetDefaults(Int32 Type, Boolean noMatCheck)
   at Terraria.Item.CloneDefaults(Int32 TypeToClone)
   at AmmoboxPlus.AmmoboxGlobalItem.Shoot(Item item, Player player, Vector2& position, Single& speedX, Single& speedY, Int32& type, Int32& damage, Single& knockBack) in AmmoboxPlus\AmmoboxGlobalItem.cs:line 79
   at Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.Shoot(Item item, Player player, Vector2& position, Single& speedX, Single& speedY, Int32& type, Int32& damage, Single& knockBack)
   at Terraria.Player.ItemCheck(Int32 i)
   at Terraria.Player.ItemCheckWrapped(Int32 i)
   at Terraria.Player.Update(Int32 i)
   at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
   at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform.RunLoop(Game game)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
   at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
   at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
   at Terraria.FNALaunch.Main(String[] args)
i will forward this to the coder

Oh, yes, I forgot to add!
I opened over 120~ ammo boxes.
Nothing. Modded.
I harldy believe that someone gets unlucky one hundred and twenty times in a row.
Always just pre-hm or post-hm vanilla ammo. Nothing special what-so-ever.
So, that definitely needs Fixing.

Also when I mentioned calamity, you misunderstood my point.
I was trying to point at the fact that the mod managed to not make its presence apparent even with a calamity-length ultra-long run.
AKA how it gave too little to be usefull, and how the prices were too much.
I wasn't actually comparing it to calamity's powerscaling what so ever, I just mentioned calamity because those runs are extra long.

I just thought I'd clarify that, to make sure no misunderstandings would remain.
i will forward this bug to the coder aswell. also when me and he have more time well overhaul the pricing

Running into an issue where the Arms dealer doesn't sell the ammo belt. Is there any conditions I'm missing to unlock the pre-golem belt?

Running into an issue where the Arms dealer doesn't sell the ammo belt. Is there any conditions I'm missing to unlock the pre-golem belt?

the condition is that all mech bosses have to be killed. otherwise hes not selling the belt

Back
Top Bottom