• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

PC An 1-Byte Inferred Data Transmitter & Receiver

This project is mostly pointless as wires are much faster at sending information across a far distances, but I wanted to experiment with how IR technology transmits binary wirelessly over far distances. This simple build will send up to 120 Bytes of information across 673 a minute. This is the first alpha version and only does one bit. You can stack modules on top of each other for multiple bits. I have plans to make a horizontal 1-bit module with actuators for a consistent beam. This will increase speed and reduce space. But for the basics sake, I will post this. Have any ideas? Let me know what you think :dryadgrin:

(Wire View)
IR Transmittor.PNG

Capture 2020-02-23 16_48_22.png

UPDATE 2/29/20: I have expanded this concept to support a function use. My goal was to attempt to send the RAW (Not BCD) time across the world. Note portal gun stations have a max range of 673 blocks so range extenders are used. So using @r4v1n6's Solid State Clock, I'm using an 5 Byte Binary Sender to send all the information via projectiles.

Capture 2020-02-25 01_40_57.png

Here is the sender modals: Being none-BCD, I have to send double the data (For the purpose of looking visually pleasing).
121212.PNG

I know there is MUCH more that these can be used for and from further research some pretty cool works of art can be made. I know these are NOT practical but it's cool to know the concept is possible. Bellow I made a video showcasing the project.

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom