An elevator

olonghij

Official Terrarian
Screenshot_6.png
Screenshot_3.png

Gif of how it works

"Ignore this"! Lol. Do not think of the big pink elephant!... Maybe cut it out or cover it up next time? ;)

So now, instead of a bird/bunny track (with the inevitable "squish!") we can use more humane darts.

Hmm, the gif doesn't seem to be working
Well, it works, but not how I would expect such a door should operate... How about, after a 3 second delay, a dart is fired the opposite way along the track? Such that the door will appear to slide downwards to close.

Think this gate posted to Reddit was inspired by this thread?: http://i.imgur.com/mL1xZMm.webm

Seems that they did use a 2 way dart system:
kN297yo.png

Edit: OoooOOOps! My bad: title = "an ELEVATOR". Lol. In which case, fair enough. However, since you can turn (dart) traps at 90 degrees, now, you could make the wiring smaller and the elevator unlimited in height by firing two darts upwards in quick succession, hitting a teal plate for each row of actuated blocks. So 45tile/s upwards. Fun. :)

1 wide elevators
The width of the column of actuated blocks that push you up, the shaft would still have to be at least 2 tiles wide, to fit the player. Should work fine. And yeah, just replacing one of the top two actuated blocks with a platform tile should leave you stood up there when the up-pusher retracts. :)

here i simplyfied your elevator
This puts the elevators I built before to shame with its simplicity. T_T

I'm actually surprised that it'll push you up at 45 tiles/s. Maybe it's because you have more than 2 solid blocks underneath you? Gonna have to see if this'll work with the portal gun station.

This puts the elevators I built before to shame with its simplicity. T_T

I'm actually surprised that it'll push you up at 45 tiles/s. Maybe it's because you have more than 2 solid blocks underneath you? Gonna have to see if this'll work with the portal gun station.
nope portalgun is to fast
you can youse it but it would Not be that compact

Last edited:
nope portalgun is to fast
Won't work beyond 60 activation steps per second (i.e. 1 per tick), as it relies on player 'step up' onto 1 high square blocks. Works to pull player down too, though. I demoed that with boulders, I think, yeah.

Oh wait, @Bahamut knows all about this from your automated elevator days... Where was that thread? (Nearly made the best of compilation, but for time.)

So maybe I'm wrong, and...
1 wide elevators don't work.
? Definitely tested as working at one point, though.

Back
Top Bottom