An Eye For An Eye: Terraria x Don't Starve Together Crossover Update Launches Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was gonna disappear for a while to go off and enjoy this new content but... that filter, that d**n filter... I see what y'all were going for but, it's just waaay too intense and intrusive! It's somewhat tolerable during the day but, the moment you start exploring caves and traveling around at night, it's pretty awful! 😬🥤

Suggestions:
  • Perhaps try using a softer version of the "dark screen-blinders" that're normally only seen during a Blizzard Event in the Tundra, for the "darker tone" it seems you're going for.
  • I also noticed that Don't Starve Together has an olive-green tint to their foliage and trees, perhaps have an "official texture pack swap" for this seed, which simply makes the shade of greenery more olive?
  • Lastly, maybe try making it so that the overworld is always slightly foggy, like similar to a Graveyard Biome, but less opacity? I think if you nail the little, subtle things, it might come across a bit better (like a Tim Burton world)?
Either way, the current filter is intolerable, tried to ignore it, but nighttime exploring felt nearly unplayable. That filter really messes with the brightness of torches too, so even if you place them, your visions will still be pretty bad. I'm still squinting my eyes as I type this out, still trying to recover my natural Color Balance.

Made this meme.

sad.png

Edit: I just found that constant world seed just has higher rate of DST items, thank god.
Chippy told that Constant world has higher chances of drop DST items, existing worlds, but it drops everywhere too.
Just watching live youtubers/twitch streamers, they told "Terraria didn't bring it compare to DST considering Terraria update is just 8MB"
All Don't Starve items can be acquired in non-DS seed worlds, but as mentioned, they have a higher drop rate in DS seed worlds.

Hello, i was just wondering how to find the Deerclops. Ive honestly got idea say for the fact you can spawn him in cold climates. :)
Hint: Take some Demonite or Crimtane Ore to the guide and check crafting recipes.
Deerclops can spawn naturally at midnight during a blizzard (rain). Or you can craft a Deer Thing with 5 Demonite/Crimtane Ore, 1 Lens and 3 Flinx Fur at a Demon/Crimson Altar. The Deer Thing can be used in the snow to summon Deerclops.

Love the update! One comment though, the new seed has some really cool ideas and new shifts for how to play the game, but the shader has already begun to annoy me after 20 minutes. I wish there was a way to turn it off (maybe even toggle it for normal worlds) through the videos setting, that would be great because I might just switch to a standard world if this shader bugs me too much
Either way, the current filter is intolerable, tried to ignore it, but nighttime exploring felt nearly unplayable. That filter really messes with the brightness of torches too, so even if you place them, your visions will still be pretty bad. I'm still squinting my eyes as I type this out, still trying to recover my natural Color Balance.
If you play with Lighting set to Retro or Trippy, shader effects won't apply. However you will also lose some effects like water movement and heat distortion.
There is also an item that can disable DS shader effects.

Ah yes, yet another crossover update!
By the way, a reminder:
Endgame new content/adjustments when
JWKU6fV.png

Last edited:
I was gonna disappear for a while to go off and enjoy this new content but... that filter, that d**n filter... I see what y'all were going for but, it's just waaay too intense and intrusive! It's somewhat tolerable during the day but, the moment you start exploring caves and traveling around at night, it's pretty awful! 😬🥤

Suggestions:
  • Perhaps try using a softer version of the "dark screen-blinders" that're normally only seen during a Blizzard Event in the Tundra, for the "darker tone" it seems you're going for.
  • I also noticed that Don't Starve Together has an olive-green tint to their foliage and trees, perhaps have an "official texture pack swap" for this seed, which simply makes the shade of greenery more olive?
  • Lastly, maybe try making it so that the overworld is always slightly foggy, like similar to a Graveyard Biome, but less opacity? I think if you nail the little, subtle things, it might come across a bit better (like a Tim Burton world)?
If you use the radio drop from the deervlops in the seed it turns it back to terraria’s normal filter

One eyeball down, two mechanical ones to go I suppose. This budding chef has her work cut out for her.
20211119132245_1.jpg

Welcome to my boss shrine Eye of Terror, gonna go for your mechanical lookalikes next. My shrine must be complete.
20211119134213_1.jpg

Hope you Terrarians are enjoying clopsy on your end, meanwhile I've got preparing for more eyeballs to fight here on the constant.

I've noticed a mistake in this update.

The Deerclops has its bestiary entry classified in the "Snow" and "Blizzard" cathegories. The problem is, the "Blizzard" cathegory was never added back in 1.4 (for those interested, the Ice Golem is in "Snow", "Rain", and "Rare Creature").

So, the mistake has three parts by now: 1) A "Blizzard" cathegory to filter the entries should be added, 2) The Ice Golem should be moved from "Rain" to "Blizzard", and 3) The Deerclops should be added to the "Boss Enemy" cathegory.

Should I open a bug report? If so, how?

Last edited:
Welp, looks like I have the thing where Terraria slows down and crashes occasionally making it impossible to shut it down which eventually crashes my entire OS when trying again.

This looks awesome!!! Although I don't know anything about Don't Starve Together. I can't wait to see this come out on other versions of Terraria!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom