Can you enable these shaders outside of the seed?
Thank you developers for the usual surprises !!.
Now I wanted to consult because I do not understand well, this will apply to our version of terraria or we will have to buy it separately, I have the Steam version.
You can report bugs in the PC Journey's End Bug Reports subforum.I've noticed a mistake in this update.
The Deerclops has its bestiary entry classified in the "Snow" and "Blizzard" cathegories. The problem is, the "Blizzard" cathegory was never added back in 1.4 (for those interested, the Ice Golem is in "Snow", "Rain", and "Rare Creature").
So, the mistake has three parts by now: 1) A "Blizzard" cathegory to filter the entries should be added, 2) The Ice Golem should be moved from "Rain" to "Blizzard", and 3) The Deerclops should be added to the "Boss Enemy" cathegory.
Should I open a bug report? If so, how?
Enjoying the update a lot so far.
There is one thing that's irking me though.
I wanna like the Deerclops fight, it's very interesting and different. My issue though, is the shadow hands that appear throughout the fight. I understand that they're meant to keep you from out-maneuvering the boss so much, but a lot of times they simply just spawn on me and I take unfair damage. Either that, or they appear so close to me, or come out from behind the boss' ice spike attack, that there's simply no time to react to them. I feel like I understand the boss enough to deal with him, but the cheap hits make me feel like I'm playing a slot machine, where my victory isn't earned through skill, but through luck. This takes the fun out of the fight for me.
I'm not referring to the anti-cheese hand attack either.
I know it might be set in stone already, but if I could make a minor change to the hands, it would be to not have them deal contact damage until a few extra frames have passed. So that way there's at least some window of time to react, however small. Or perhaps have them materialize for a second before performing their attack.
Those're my two cents. Thanks for all the hard work all these years later.
Yeah, it's the expert hands. The Out-of-bounds hands are no issue for me, because they can be avoided if you're careful or don't make mistakes.Just in case it isn't clear, Deerclops has two types of Shadow Hands:
- Out of Bounds hands: These spawn in all difficulties when the player is unreachable by Deerclops, typically in the air or underground. Spawns in groups of 6.
- Expert/Master Hands: These spawn perpetually throughout the fight, and are Deerclops' "Expert AI" change. They have nothing to do with positioning or being out of bounds. Spawns 1 at a time.
Your description makes it sound a bit like the Expert Hands are what is getting you? I might be misunderstanding.
View attachment 346140
Greetings Terrarians - and welcome to The Constant!
As we revealed just a few short weeks ago, we have been hard at work in secret with our good friends at Klei Entertainment in order to bring the fans of both Terraria and Don't Starve Together a brand new free content update that faithfully pulls part of each game into the other. How will all of this work? What precisely do we have in store for our side of the crossover? Venture forth, brave Terrarians and learn more about what awaits you as The Constant collides with the world of Terraria!
TERRARIA 1.4.3 HOTFIXES
Fixed an issue where Abigail's Flower would not visually sync on servers when it grew (rendering it invisible until you rejoined)
Deerclops now properly drops money
Fixed a rare crash caused by Jungle Mimics
Fixed an issue with Crystal Serpent being held unusually by the player
Fixed an issue where Plantero's Sombrero was poofing when turning Blood and Gore off
Removing an accidental second Garland recipe
Fixed a duplication exploit
Fixed an issue that caused some OGG files in Resource Packs not to loop properly
Fixed an issue where the player using a Stormbow did not visually "fire upwards"
Attempted a fix for issues where slow-joining players could die to Darkness while joining servers
Fixed an issue where interacting Pylons from beneath had a different range than the actual teleportation-allowed range
Fixed cases of plates & logic sensors not properly being removed from the world when mined
Fixed Seasonal Bunnies not having the surface tag in bestiary
Fixed Frozen Zombie and Wolf not showing Snow Biome in bestiary
Deerclops & Ice Golem now correctly use the rain tag in bestiary
Fixed inconsistent order of surface and time Bestiary tags
Fixed a certain exploit
Fixed potential issue with Deerclops insanity in multiplaye
Trying to play corrupted cloud worlds should no longer crash the game
Increased Abigail's Flower spawnrate by 33%
Abigail can now only hit up to 3 enemies at once per "attack". This cap increases by 1 for every 2 extra minion slots expended on her (3 minions = 4, 5 minions = 5, etc).
Deerclops is now immune to Confusion
Deerclops contact damage and his cold projectiles are now affected by Warmth Potion
Truffle Worms no longer take damage from hostile NPCs or projectiles
TERRARIA DEDICATED SERVER - LATEST (184.108.40.206)
A WORD OF INTRODUCTION ABOUT TERRARIA x DON'T STARVE TOGETHER
Long, long ago (ok it was about six months ago), the Terraria development team held an AMA on Reddit in celebration of Terraria's 10th Anniversary. During that AMA, one curious person posed a simple question to the team, which was answered directly by Cenx...
View attachment 345899
Well, it just so happens that our good friends at Klei Entertainment took the time to read that very AMA thread - and that got them to thinking that maybe there was something to this idea. Emails and pleasantries were exchanged, thoughts and ideas were shared, leaks were had (oops!), and a lot of friends were made. All of that to bring to both of our fanbases what we hope will come as a pleasant surprise free content update that releases for both games today! Crossovers like this - between two of the top games on Steam in terms of players and reviews - are usually either uncommon or very limited or both. Our two teams took a different path, seeing this as a passion project. It has been amazing to watch the collaboration, the ideas just flowing and the shared fandom for each others' work. Relationships were forged here that we certainly hope will last for a very long time.
We have done our very best to summarize both side of this amazing crossover collaboration below - in the hopes that each fanbase will take the time to check out and enjoy the content from their favorite game in the other and vice versa. Thanks as always to the fans - your support truly makes things like this so much fun to work on. Cheers!
So, without further ado, we give you...
TERRARIA'S SIDE OF THE CROSSOVER
DEDICATED SERVER AND RESOURCE PACK LOCALIZATION FILES FOR 1.4.3
DON'T STARVE TOGETHER'S SIDE OF THE CROSSOVER
TERRARIA x DON'T STARVE TOGETHER MERCHANDISE & STEAM POINTS SHOP ITEMS
THE CONSTANT - A DON'T STARVE INSPIRED WORLD SEED
The team debated long and hard about the best way to bring the gameplay dynamics of Don't Starve Together into Terraria in a fun and clever way. Rather than having a standalone "event" (as we did with Dungeon Defenders 2), we decided to utilize the World Seed functionality present in Journey's End to create a more holistic Don't Starve x Terraria experience. What awaits you should you dare to explore The Constant?
View attachment 346465
Don't Starve Inspired Shaders and Lighting
View attachment 346464
Stay in the Light! Total Darkness is Hazardous to your Health!
Feed your Hunger with Tasty Food... or Face the Consequences!
Don't Starve Inspired Worldgen
Higher Drop Rates for Don't Starve Inspired Items
To explore this new way to play Terraria, Don't Starve Together style, simply enter "The Constant" as your world seed upon creating a new world. Good luck, Terrarians!
Return to top
DEERCLOPS - CLIPPING & CLOPPING, HERE COMES A STOMPING!
View attachment 345848
What adventure would be complete without a worthy foe to battle? Not this one, that's for sure! Our team has always loved the Deerclops in our plays of Don't Starve Together, so we immediately gravitated towards adding it as our featured boss battle for this crossover. We targeted this boss for mid/late Pre-Hardmode so that it would be accessible to as many players as possible. Make sure you check out his super-cool theme music - provided by Klei themselves and inspired from Deerclops' theme in Don't Starve!
You can summon this terrifying foe in the cold climate of the Ice Biome. What awaits you in this fight? Well... you will have to wait and see for yourselves!
Return to top
DON'T STARVE TOGETHER INSPIRED ITEMS
What Terraria update would be complete without an array of new items to discover and use? We have added over 25 items lifted from or inspired by Don't Starve Together content. These range from new pets to weapons to vanity and more. Let's check a couple of them out, shall we?
View attachment 346385
New Tools & Weapons - Including Lucy the Axe
View attachment 346384
New Pets & Summons
View attachment 346466
Chester - A Pet that Functions As a Piggy Bank
Return to top
TERRARIA 1.4.3 UPDATED DEDICATED SERVER AND RESOURCE PACK FILES
TERRARIA DEDICATED SERVER - 220.127.116.11
TERRARIA LOCALIZATION FILES (FOR USE IN RESOURCE PACKS) - 1.4.3
Return to top
TERRARIA 1.4.3 FULL CHANGELOG
- Added a Don't Starve themed seed
- Play with Don't Starve-inspired shaders and lighting- Complete darkness is now dangerous to your health- Exposed torches and campfires may not be reliable, as rain can put them out!- Players will need to eat or face hunger and eventual starvation- A few Don't Starve inspired worldgen features, such as Surface Marble and Aboveground Spider Biomes- Has substantially improved drop rates and availability of Don't Starve related items- Added the Deerclops, a mid-late pre-Hardmode boss hailing from the world of Don't Starve
- A variation on the Deerclops' boss theme, provided by Klei Entertainment!
- A few rare background clouds featuring characters from Don't Starve can now appear
- Added several new Don't Starve related emotes
- Main menu now has some links to some assorted Terraria-related websites
- Worlds using special seeds now have unique icons in the World Select menu to better tell them apart
- Added a config option for an older version of Smart Cursor Hold, labeled in the config file as "SmartCursorHoldCanReleaseMidUse". Changing this setting to true will make it so that Smart Cursor: Hold will IMMEDIATELY deactivate when releasing the hold button, even if the player is mining.- Several new pets from the Don't Starve universe
- A collection of Don't Starve weapons and equipment, adapted to the world of Terraria!
- Wilson and Willow Vanity Outfits
- Several vanity hats and accessories
- Two food items, the Froggle Bunwich and Monster Lasagna
- The full array of standard boss related items from Deerclops
- 4 Don't Starve themed paintings- Fixed an issue where Crimson Grass Walls spread slower than Corruption
- Fixed a (previously undetectable issue) where enemies with a higher NPC ID than Golden Slimes would have Golden Slime bonus money drops
- Fixed a rare worldgen softlock, where the game gets stuck trying to generate Hellforges
- Fixed an issue with part of Leather Whip's segments being cut off
- Fixed an issue with Ice Bow being flagged as a channeling weapon when it isn't
- Fixed an issue with Flying Knife not having proper screen range limits
- Fixed Princess not having the same "leaving" SFX like Angler
- Changed the SFX of a number of some newer Summoning and Magic weapons, so that they are a bit more representative of the attack itself
- Updated, added to, and pruned dozens of entries from an inaccurate and outdated list of homing projectiles that the Lunatic Cultist has damage resistance against
- Fixed a rare bug with some minions that could make them despawn
- Fixed some issues with certain sentry minions which could result in desync for players joining after they had been summoned
- Fixed an issue where Celestial Starboard did not draw/make dust properly in reverse gravity
- Fixed an issue with some Rocket projectiles, resulting in a number of silent and not so silent crashes
- Fixed a subtle issue where certain items were a different color in the hotbar than they were in the inventory
- Fixed a bug where Boulders and Rolling Cacti qualified as Ranged items eligible of dealing Frostburn if you wore the Frost Armor
- Fixed an issue where Smooth Marble Blocks didn't merge with dirt, ash, or frozen slime blocks (despite merging with most other blocks)
- Fixed an issue where some of the newer campfires didn't have Smart Cursor outlines
- Fixed an issue preventing Honey Pit microbiomes from spawning in the Jungle
- Fixed a bug where Thorns-effects hit Empress of Light at an extremely rapid rate
- Fixed an issue where light Dynasty Walls showed an inaccurate teal map color
- Fixed an issue where some config settings are reset every time an update or hotfix occurs
Return to top
DON'T STARVE TOGETHER UPDATE HIGHLIGHTS
For the DST Team, we absolutely knew that if we were going to do this crossover any justice we absolutely had to bring a boss (or two?) to the Constant. And, of course, we can't miss the opportunity to put our spin on a bunch of their coolest items.
View attachment 346546
Somewhere in the game world, survivors may come across the mysterious Terrarium setpiece which will allow players to encounter the Eye of Terror boss, (Terraria's Eye of Cthulu - as seen through the lens of the Constant) complete with its own Terraria inspired theme music.
For our seasoned survivors, the Twins of Terror can be summoned for an added challenge. Each boss has its own unique eye-catching equipment item, and we've also added new statues of these bosses to show off your triumphs.
View attachment 346548
We've added a spect-ocular new critter for you to watch over, a new food item to fulfill your survivor's dairy needs, and we have a couple of new crockpot recipes for you to feast your eyes on as well.
View attachment 346547
We have introduced several Terraria item skins into Don't Starve Together as well as a 3 piece character set inspired by Terraria's traveling merchant. Exclusive to the "An Eye for an Eye" update, these skins are definitely out of this world. These item skins cannot be purchased and can only be woven with spool. I hope you have been saving up!
View attachment 346549
Get 'em while they're hot!
Of course, we can't have a bunch of new skins without giving some away, so for a limited time log in to receive the Terrarized chest with 6 free elegant skins! Yep, 6. This login bonus chest will be available for all players to claim until our next update in December.
View attachment 346550
Return to top
TERRARIA x DON'T STARVE TOGETHER STEAM POINTS ITEMS & MERCHANDISE
We worked hand-in-hand with our partners at Klei to put together some Steam Points Shop items as well as a handful of crossover-themed merchandise in celebration of this occasion!
TERRARIA x DON'T STARVE MERCHANDISE
We are working through Klei's merchandise partners at FreshMerch on this series of crossover merchandise items, using the key art for this update! Click the banner below to check out and pick up anything that catches your eye!
View attachment 347357
STEAM POINTS SHOP ITEMS
View attachment 345855 View attachment 345856
View attachment 345857View attachment 345858
AVAILABLE ON THE TERRARIA STEAM POINTS SHOP
The Eye of Cthulhu done Don't Starve Style is here in two animated stickers and as an avatar frame! Also inspired by Terraria's many prismatic weapons, we have a prismatic avatar frame of rainbow-y goodness for you!
View attachment 345970View attachment 345971
View attachment 345973View attachment 345974
AVAILABLE ON THE DON'T STARVE TOGETHER STEAM POINTS SHOP
Chester and Deerclops in pixelated form make their appearance alongside a pair of fire and water pixel animated frames!
Well, Switch hasn't even got 1.4 yet and won't likely get this content for a long while after the PS / xBox gang will so, will the Switch owners get doubly screwed over?i recall someone mentioning DST actually has a single player mode... if that's true, maybe i'll be able to transition to it from the original game.
but that limited-time offer of the chest with outfits in it... i wonder if that will be on the console version of DST?
since i'm sure the update would probably come out later on console, seems like console players might get screwed over.
the new terraria world seed looks pretty cool, just gotta wait several more months for console to get caught up to PC.