NPCs & Enemies An idea to make Master Mode Moon Lord more unique.

Moon Lord’s attacks on normal and expert are pretty much exactly the same, apart from damage. This has bothered me since it doesn’t make the challenge based on learning a proper strategy, and that’s without considering the nurse. My idea is to simply allow the phantasmal deathray to pass through blocks and move faster. Another way to change things up would be to make his hands shoot smaller, and weaker deathrays that don’t spin and phantasmal bolts. But that’s just my idea, it doesn’t matter if it makes it in, but it would be nice regardless.

TL;DR. Noclipping phantasmal deathray

You know what? Yes, actually. Master mode is going to be an entirely separate mode with no special rewards locked behind it. Why do we still cling to the belief that it must be a fair and fun experience?

Every game mechanic we would have hated in the past (weapons breaking, enemies/bosses destroying blocks, enemies stealing items) can be added to Master mode. Why not? Master mode is an opt-in experience. No one is forcing you to play it. If people are so masochistic that they can’t be satisfied with Expert mode, then let them suffer in a new gamemode that throws the elements of enjoyable gameplay out the window to become a true hell that burns blacker than the heart of whoever thought Medusas would be a healthy addition to the game.

You know what? Yes, actually. Master mode is going to be an entirely separate mode with no special rewards locked behind it. Why do we still cling to the belief that it must be a fair and fun experience?

Every game mechanic we would have hated in the past (weapons breaking, enemies/bosses destroying blocks, enemies stealing items) can be added to Master mode. Why not? Master mode is an opt-in experience. No one is forcing you to play it. If people are so masochistic that they can’t be satisfied with Expert mode, then let them suffer in a new gamemode that throws the elements of enjoyable gameplay out the window to become a true hell that burns blacker than the heart of whoever thought Medusas would be a healthy addition to the game.
I was under the impression Master mode had a reward system, but even without it I don't believe in abandoning reasonable gameplay for the sake of this kind of notion.

I was under the impression Master mode had a reward system, but even without it I don't believe in abandoning reasonable gameplay for the sake of this kind of notion.
That’s fair, but if we’re not going to add anything as crazy as that, then why add Master mode to begin with? In that case, wouldn’t it be better to provide people a “slider bar” allowing them to customize how difficult Expert mode is for them?

I mean, look at the Moon Lord. That fight is so unfair that all the commonly-cited strategies for defeating it involve the Nurse, or minecart/skybridge kiting, or other methods of playing dirty. And that’s not even necessarily in Expert mode. Expert is already toeing the line of unfairness, so Master mode is not going to be fair or enjoyable no matter how you look at it.

Cenx has confirmed that they have already fixed the moonlord box cheese:
upload_2019-8-30_14-44-15.png

I would expect that this may mean this suggestion is invalid come 1.4.

Back
Top Bottom