An Important message to those who make texture packs on Paint.net

Did you find this helpful?

• Total voters

ArmyFrog

Plantera
Introduction
ArmyFrogHeader.png

Paint.net is an excellent program to make sprites for texture packs since it is easy to use, and very easy to pick up, as well as being a free program. I imagine that many people use this program while making texture packs, however, I have come across a peculiar issue that I call "Hanging White Pixels" (HWP). This "bug" can be located whenever white pixels appear on certain or all transparent pixels on particular items.
Here is an example of HWP on the ghastly glave of the Terrafine Project:
upload_2017-3-10_12-8-9.png

What is causing it and how to fix it
ArmyFrogHeader.png

HWP can be a very painful nuisance if you are not aware of what is causing it nor how to fix it. So lets get right down to business.
HWP will appear on any pixel where the opacity level of Hex: FFFFFF (white) is set to 0.
upload_2017-3-10_12-31-32.png

These pixels will always contain HWP. In order to fix the problem, you need to set your Hex to 000000 (Black) This will remove the issue entirely. Simple as that. Whenever you open a Terraria sprite on paint.net, it will have this "color" transparency set. Make sure to never have a "white" transparency. Fixing the problem in preexisting sprites is also very easy. Click on your paint bucket tool
upload_2017-3-10_12-24-25.png
, set your tolerance to 10%
upload_2017-3-10_12-25-9.png
, enable antialiasing
upload_2017-3-10_12-26-43.png
, and Shift+Click on any transparent pixel using the "black" transparency. Problem solved.
ArmyFrogHeader0.png

Back
Top Bottom