An irrational fear that you have....

Giant birds, giant living statues.

I tend to dream of them when i have a serious nightmare. (also white large demon like creatures tend to happen then, like walking in a labyrinth and there being a huge long haired white dog and with huge i mean 5x my size, or white bald monkeys walking around in labyrinths.. consider i also sleep lucid and you should understand my nightmares are much combined with my real irrational fears.

Beyond dreamscapes and mythical giants i have one everyday life irrational fear and thats dried pottery/clay on my hands, i literally get goosebumps even THINKING of it.

I always constantly think that out of nowhere I'm going to either be in a robbery or die. Sometimes just walking around I get scared. I don't go out much.

One of my senior portraits was me covered from waist up in potters clay. It actually felt lovely ~
ugh its like nails on a chalkboard, chalk on its own is goosebump inducing.. ;l anything that grinds thinly on my hands makes me lose my cool.. ;l

Anybody who admits their fear is irrational isn't truly afraid.
Fobias arent rational, but they still can easily paralyse you.

Fobias arent rational, but they still can easily paralyse you.

That's just it, they aren't rational. Which is why someone who is able to be rational about whatever they're afraid of isn't truly afraid of it. I used to know someone who was so afraid of roaches she couldn't even think about them. Simply talking about spiders could cause her to panic. That's a real phobia.

Perhaps I should reformulate my earlier statement: Anybody who admits their phobias are irrational isn't truly afraid. There's a big difference between fear and phobia. It's one thing to be afraid of sitting on the edge of a 10 story building and another to lose your :red: whenever you see a building. Fear is rational, it's a defense mechanism. Phobias aren't.

Last edited:
Perhaps I should reformulate my earlier statement: Anybody who admits their phobias are irrational isn't truly afraid. There's a big difference between fear and phobia.
Ah you 'know someone', well i feel that you're underplaying a legitimate affliction here by stating the above. What do you know about fear, fear isnt part of our identity, fear is something that takes hold of us. Wether knowing something is irrational or not has no effect on fear itself, if it did haunted houses wouldnt exist on fairs.

It's funny how I only now realise how many fears I have now that I've viewed this thread and actually began thinking about them... well then, where to start? There's spiders. That one's pretty much a given, you don't see many people who aren't scared of them... and then there's deep bodies of water, but I think that one can be narrowed down to some type of fear of sea life.

There's also earthworms (I've learned to cope with them over the years though), tornadoes (wouldn't call that one irrational, except it's also made me paranoid of strong winds and rain), and I believe I have a fear of falling.

And for some reason I despise escalators for no particular reason, so I'd include that one too.

Why are you pointing out something that nobody in this thread has misunderstood?

You should be asking Ipos that, they brought up phobias. Or "Fobias", whatever.

Ah you 'know someone', well i feel that you're underplaying a legitimate affliction here by stating the above. What do you know about fear, fear isnt part of our identity, fear is something that takes hold of us. Wether knowing something is irrational or not has no effect on fear itself, if it did haunted houses wouldnt exist on fairs.

The defense rests.

I feel like very few fears are irrational, as fear is a survival instinct and as we all know survival is not irrational.

My list:

The ocean
Anything with a stinger (except for honeybees, they're chill)
Loneliness
Rejection
Death of loved ones
The fear of how other people perceive me

Rejection
Death of loved ones
The fear of how other people perceive me

To add to my fears from earlier, these for sure are fears I also have.

Any form of natural disaster like Tornadoes, Earthquakes, Tsunamis, or Fires, because they can destroy one's house which is another huge fear I have.

Getting bad Grades may also be one. As I feel a sense of dread thinking if I got a low grade for forgetting about something I went over a lot of times.

Im afraid to leave drinks behind in rooms because I feel like they may tip over onto my stuff or me (while I am sleeping). Come up with a latin name for that.

A new one I remembered:

Fearing all your friends hate you but pretend to like you so your feelings don't get hurt.

Back
Top Bottom