Weapons & Equip An item to make very early hardmode a tad easier

Would you like to see this in Terraria? Whether you would need it or not (think of Newbys)

• I think it would be helpful to me or a less experienced player

• I think the game can be played without this item and/or people can buck up

• I am a developer or a mod-maker and would like to implement this

Results are only viewable after voting.

Orion_Bright

Retinazer
INTRODUCTION
Most of us never have this problem now that we are experienced terrarians, but newcomers to the game who don't know what they are getting themselves into when they beat the wall of flesh aren't. It can be really discouraging (especially in a crimson world) when you are just trying to get ore to not die but you keep dyeing by underground monsters in your measly necro, molten or meteorite armor.
introducing an item to help out with this problem. As it says in the title, this is a work-in-progress item, so i'm still working on it. introducing the Shield collar
6iCl1oB.png

FUNCTIONALITY
The Shield collar is an item that will activate when under 45% health and if an enemy is within a 13x13 block radius of you, it will decrease their Damage by 20%.
The reason it is intended for very early hardmode is because once you have an armor such as mythril or orichalcum it will become obsolete due to you being able to take care of most enemies with your better weapons and defense.
some of you might think that it could be used to make invasions, events and bosses easier. no sir! the Shield collar will have no affect on any of those enemies. you will still have a bad time with that solar pillar ;). Its sole reason is to help you a little bit with herplings to chaos elementals so you can get some ore to NOT die.

OBTAINING
The way new players into hardmode can get their pixelated paws on the Shield collar is through your friend the traveling merchant. there is a 4% chance he will sell it, so whenever he comes around chances are it will be there. Traveling merchant sells it for a fine sum of 23 gold coins.

CRAFTING
the Shield collar can be combine with the following objects:
Charm_of_Myths.png
Charm of myths to make Collar of myths
xLdjGWF.png

Mana_Regeneration_Band.png
Mana regeneration band to make Mana regeneration collar
kOXBtuY.png

Mushroom.png
This thread will get updating, so watch it for more
Mushroom.png

Last edited:
That doesn't sound OP for early hardmode tank or anything, and what happens if its like an ichor sticker and has ranged attacks?
so, not being O.P. is a good thing right? just want to make sure i'm a bit confuzled :)

well, it only decreases Damage if the enemy is within that 13x13. this means that if the Ichor sticker is outside that radius than the ichor will still be the same amount of Damage. as for the decrease in Defense you still get the debuff so if a monster does 20 damage and lets say it now does 40 because of ichor. with the item it now decreases from that 40 to say a 37.5 (i think that math is sort of right).

by the way, what should the item be? maybe a shield deployer? that might be neat

so, not being O.P. is a good thing right? just want to make sure i'm a bit confuzled :)

well, it only decreases Damage if the enemy is within that 13x13. this means that if the Ichor sticker is outside that radius than the ichor will still be the same amount of Damage. as for the decrease in Defense you still get the debuff so if a monster does 20 damage and lets say it now does 40 because of ichor. with the item it now decreases from that 40 to say a 37.5 (i think that math is sort of right).

by the way, what should the item be? maybe a shield deployer? that might be neat
The not being OP thing was 100% sarcasm, surprised you didn't die of an overdose.

The not being OP thing was 100% sarcasm, surprised you didn't die of an overdose.
I'm not sure if you've realized, but sarcasm doesn't carry too well over text. The way you said it made me think that you were just wording it weird.
The boop is an item that will activate when under 45% health and if an enemy is within a 13x13 block radius of you
Why 45% health? Why 13x13 blocks? Why not just have it be 50% health and 10x10 blocks? Anyways, I don't really like the idea of the item. It just makes the melee class slightly more appealing in early hardmode.
The way new players into hardmode can get their pixelated paws on the boop is through your friend the traveling merchant. there is a 3% chance he will sell it, so whenever he comes around chances are it will be there. Traveling merchant sells it for a fine sum of 23 gold coins.
Ah yes... 3%. Because I'll clearly be in need of this item by the time that the traveling merchant happens to have it in stock. Sarcasm aside, this item will never be of use by the time the player obtains it. Also why is it 23 gold? Why not 25 gold?

Anyways, I've never really felt a need for early hardmode to be significantly easier. I usually just grab some hellstone armor and a decent weapon before killing the WoF and head straight to the evil biome to spawn ores and mine them, and I'll usually have at least some cobalt/palladium armor after a short while.

I'm not sure if you've realized, but sarcasm doesn't carry too well over text. The way you said it made me think that you were just wording it weird.

Why 45% health? Why 13x13 blocks? Why not just have it be 50% health and 10x10 blocks? Anyways, I don't really like the idea of the item. It just makes the melee class slightly more appealing in early hardmode.

Ah yes... 3%. Because I'll clearly be in need of this item by the time that the traveling merchant happens to have it in stock. Sarcasm aside, this item will never be of use by the time the player obtains it. Also why is it 23 gold? Why not 25 gold?

Anyways, I've never really felt a need for early hardmode to be significantly easier. I usually just grab some hellstone armor and a decent weapon before killing the WoF and head straight to the evil biome to spawn ores and mine them, and I'll usually have at least some cobalt/palladium armor after a short while.

yes, it could be 50% health and 10x10. it makes it so you have to be a little weaker but than it gives you that extra little buff to at least have a fighting chance against a biome mimic or something real strong. it does make the melee class a bit better but used with a weapon like the shotgun which is a close range weapon for rangers it could also be good

i chose 3% because (maybe its just my luck) items with a 3% rate of being sold from the T.M. seem to pop up regularly for me. you have to remember 3% is a lot with all the other items he sells. and its not supposed to be something the guide is like "here you go, take this! it makes early hardmode easier" it is something that player CAN get, not will. 23 because things in terraria aren't always counting by 5's. pay more attention to prices maybe

some people do find it challenging

yes, it could be 50% health and 10x10. it makes it so you have to be a little weaker but than it gives you that extra little buff to at least have a fighting chance against a biome mimic or something real strong. it does make the melee class a bit better but used with a weapon like the shotgun which is a close range weapon for rangers it could also be good

i chose 3% because (maybe its just my luck) items with a 3% rate of being sold from the T.M. seem to pop up regularly for me. you have to remember 3% is a lot with all the other items he sells. and its not supposed to be something the guide is like "here you go, take this! it makes early hardmode easier" it is something that player CAN get, not will. 23 because things in terraria aren't always counting by 5's. pay more attention to prices maybe

some people do find it challenging

So you're saying that you chose a random number just because it's random? That makes no sense. Also, assuming this is for early hardmode, you'd have to be pretty lucky to get a traveling merchant to come in AND sell the boop before you're too strong to need it anymore.

Maybe you need to git gud at the game :^)

So you're saying that you chose a random number just because it's random? That makes no sense. Also, assuming this is for early hardmode, you'd have to be pretty lucky to get a traveling merchant to come in AND sell the boop before you're too strong to need it anymore.

Maybe you need to git gud at the game :^)
personally i'm fine at the game i just think it would be a nice edition for new players. and yes, i did pick that number because its random, but at the same time fair

Terraria isn't known for being kind to the scrubs. Early hardmode is amazing, it's very difficult, yes, but think of the name HARDMODE.
you don't seem to be understanding, Hardmode will still be hard, unless you get some luck with the merchant. it just adds an optional item for players who do need it. even if they do need it they might not get it when they do though!

personally i'm fine at the game i just think it would be a nice edition for new players. and yes, i did pick that number because its random, but at the same time fair

you don't seem to be understanding, Hardmode will still be hard, unless you get some luck with the merchant. it just adds an optional item for players who do need it. even if they do need it they might not get it when they do though!
With a 3% chance in hardmode, by the time the merchant would actually have it in stock you would be in mid-late hardmode, it is pretty much pointless, but if you keep wanting to hopelessly defending it, that is your choice.

With a 3% chance in hardmode, by the time the merchant would actually have it in stock you would be in mid-late hardmode, it is pretty much pointless, but if you keep wanting to hopelessly defending it, that is your choice.
terraria is FULL of items that could be considered "pointless" so please don't call my idea pointless. especially don't say i'm hopelessly defending it, you're just being rude now. if you don't like it un-watch the thread and be on with your day. its not that hard

Admitting to being rude and acting rude to other members is unacceptable behavior
terraria is FULL of items that could be considered "pointless" so please don't call my idea pointless. especially don't say i'm hopelessly defending it, you're just being rude now. if you don't like it un-watch the thread and be on with your day. its not that hard
I'm being rude and your butt hurt about the truth.

butthurt. Adjective. (comparative more butthurt, superlative most butthurt) (slang) Overly annoyed, bothered or bugged because of a perceived insult; needlessly offended. i'm not overly annoyed, bothered or bugged so i'd say i'm not butthurt.

So butthurt that you deny the butthurt and reply with the wiki definition of the word, typical.
could you please move on? reflect on what you are doing right now. your (probably) a grown man calling someones idea for a 2-d side scrolling game about fighting flying eyes pointless and then calling them butthurt. if you had of thought about your actions first, maybe you wouldn't been in this position. you are being less mature than me, and i'm the age people always call immature! what does that say about you? that you can't let things go. give it a try. go to another thread and give it some of your amazing sarcasm :)

could you please move on? reflect on what you are doing right now. your (probably) a grown man calling someones idea for a 2-d side scrolling game about fighting flying eyes pointless and then calling them butthurt. if you had of thought about your actions first, maybe you wouldn't been in this position. you are being less mature than me, and i'm the age people always call immature! what does that say about you? that you can't let things go. give it a try. go to another thread and give it some of your amazing sarcasm :)
Nah m8, I got screwed over and left with the job of arguing on any discussion about terraria, you should see the steam forums, it's madness.

@ZcanKal2.0 and @GriffdeBiff drop it right now.

I'm being rude and your butt hurt about the truth.

Being blatantly rude to other members over their ideas is not acceptable.

butthurt. Adjective. (comparative more butthurt, superlative most butthurt) (slang) Overly annoyed, bothered or bugged because of a perceived insult; needlessly offended. i'm not overly annoyed, bothered or bugged so id say i'm not butthurt.

Please do not engage further with other members if they are being disrespectful.

Both of you take some time to step back and calm down. It has gone too far.

Back
Top Bottom