Biomes & Nature An old suggestion of mine: My take on an ice cream biome.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes, but some features need to be tweaked.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's a good idea, but the features aren't too great.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Backstory:
Long long ago, I came up with an idea about a hallow alternative, the Ice cream biome. So I decided to post it on the steam forums here (Thread has sense been locked). Now, almost 10 months later, I decided to share it here, and tweak it up for a hour or two.

My Idea:
The ice cream biome is an alternative to the hallow biome. The ice cream biome contains topping trees, ice cream grass, sprinkles (acts like sand), slippery ice cream (basically the ice variant), and hardened ice cream (the stone of the biome). Like the hallow, there will be dangerous monsters in both day and night.

Blocks:
  • Topping trees: These are extremely similar to hallow trees, but with different coloring.
  • Ice cream grass: This is a dirt block with "white grass" and sprinkles on it. Plant acorns on it to get a sapling which will grow into a topping tree. It also spreads onto dirt and regular grass.
  • Sprinkles: A block affected by gravity, these are multicolored blocks filled with sprinkles.
  • Slippery ice cream: A block very similar to ice, but colored more white.
  • Hardened ice cream: A stone-like block which spreads to other regular stone blocks.
  • Liquid chocolate: found in the underground ice cream biome. It replaces lava found naturally (initial spawn only, doesn't spread). Gives life regen similar to honey.
  • The chocolate block is made by combining liquid chocolate with water. It is a decoration block.
  • The hot chocolate block is made by combining lava with liquid chocolate, and hurts if you step on it without an obsidian skull or anything crafted with it.
  • Sugar blocks give you more speed. Made by combining honey and liquid chocolate.
  • In the hallow, liquid chocolate would be liquid gems. Swimming in it is like lava, but instead of being on fire (you will still take damage), you will have a lot more mana and far less mana consumption for 1 minute. You can combine liquid gems with water to create random gemspark blocks.
  • Combining liquid gems with lava makes molten crystals, stand on it to get hurt (without obsidian skull), but gives you increased melee stats.
  • Combining liquid gems with honey yeilds sweet crystals, which increases ranged damage.
  • If imported from another world, liquid chocolate and liquid gems would annihilate each other when touching.
Enemies (All monsters in the underground ice cream biome have a 33% chance:
  • Gelato slime: It is a common enemy during the day. It has 250 hp (500 in expert), slime AI, and deals 20 damage (40 in expert). It drops ice cream gel (1-2, 100%), and the slime staff (1, 0.01% normal and 0.014% expert). This is the ice cream "equivalent" of pixies
  • Candy critter: An uncommon enemy during the day. It has 350 hp (700 in expert), fighter AI, slow movement, and 100 damage (200 in expert). It drops candy (1, 100%). It is the ice cream "equivalent" of unicorns.
  • Sweet zombie: A common enemy during the night. It has 250 hp (500 in expert), fast speed, 60 damage (120 in expert), and 35 damage (70 in expert) when it throws candy. It can drop the sweet zombie arm (1, 0.4%).
  • Sweet bat: Spawns in the underground ice cream biome, and has 200 hp (400 in expert), as well as 30 defense. It deals 75 damage (150 in expert)
  • Sweet slime: Spawns in the underground ice cream biome, and has 180 hp (360 in expert), as well as 30 defense. It deals 70 damage (140 in expert). It also drops gel (1-2, 100%).
  • Candyman: Very similar to the chaos elemental. It has the fighter AI and spawns in the underground ice cream biome, 370 hp (740 in expert), 30 defense, and deals 40 damage (80 in expert). It teleports around, and drops the rod of discord (1, 0.2%).
  • Ice cream mimics: Spawns in the underground ice cream biome infrequently, it follows the mimic AI, has 3500 hp (7000 in expert), 34 defense, and deals 90 damage. It drops greater healing potions (10, 100%), greater mana potions (10, 100%), and either the Candy staff, Candy shooter, Ice scream, and the Candy hook (one and only one per mimic, 25% each)
Items:
  • Ice cream gel: The ice cream variant of pixie dust, and can be used to craft everything that pixie dust can craft, except for fairy wings, holy water, holy arrow, fairy bell, and the rainbow rod.
  • Candy: The ice cream variant of the unicorn horn, and can be used to replace it in the greater mana potion.
  • Rock candy: Spawns underground, and is an alternative to Crystal shards, except in Crystal storm, Crystal dart/bullet (replaced by candy dart/bullet, which are basically identical), magical harp, rainbow rod, chic, shifting pealsands dye, and crystal blocks.
  • The mechanical bosses will have a more brown appearance, and will drop chocolate ingots. These can be crafted into light disks, optic staffs, and pumpkin moon medallions like hallowed ingots.
Tools and Weapons:
  • Candy harp is exactly the same as the magical harp (32 base magic damage, 12 use time, 4% critical hit), but crafted using candy shards instead of crystal shards (20 candies, 15 souls of sight, 8 souls of night)
  • The sugar bell summons a slime light pet, and is crafted with 20 ice cream gel, 10 souls of sight, 8 souls of light, and 1 bell
  • Candy water is made from 2 ice cream gel, 10 bottles, and candy seeds (from the dryad), and spreads the candy biome.
  • Candy arrows are created with 200 arrows 3 ice cream gel, and 1 candy. It has 15 base damage and pierces twice.
  • The Candy Sword is crafted with 15 souls of might, 8 souls of light, 10 ice cream gel, 2 candies, and 10 rock candies. It deals 61 melee damage and autoswings.
  • Candy Staff, dropped from ice cream mimics, and summons a candy critter to fight. It deals 35 summon damage.
  • Candy Shooter, dropped from ice cream mimics, and slow speed ranged weapon (35 use time) but deals 110 ranged damage and consumes bullets.
  • Ice Scream, dropped from ice cream mimics. It is a magic book that shoots exploding ice cream. Costs 20 Mana, very slow speed (around 35-37 use time), but deals 130 AOE magic damage
  • Candy Hook, dropped from ice cream mimics, and is the same as the illuminant hook (grappling hook, reaches 30 blocks, has a velocity of 15, and has 3 hooks).
  • The Sweet Pick-axe and Sweet Drill are two mining tools. It is the same as their hallowed variants. It is crafted with 18 chocolate ingots, 1 soul of fright, 1 soul of might, and 1 soul of sight at a Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil.
  • The Sweet Repeater is crafted with 12 chocolate ingots at a Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil, and has 9 use time and 21 base ranged damage
  • The Sweet Greatsword is crafted with 12 chocolate bars at a Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil,it autoswings, has a 48 (extremely slow) use time, and deals 114 melee damage.
  • The Sweet Greatsword can be crafted into the true sweet greatsword with a broken hero sword and the sweet greatsword at a Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil. It has 30 use time (average), no autoswing, projectile-shooting, and 130 melee damage. It can be combined with the True Nights Edge to get the Terra Blade).
  • The Sweet Spear is crafted with 12 chocolate ingots at a Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil. It has 11 use time (very fast), and deals 21 melee damage.
Armor:
  • Chocolate armor: It is crafted with 54 chocolate bars (12 for any helmet, 24 for plate mail, 18 for greaves). Chocolate armor has less defense (9 for greaves, 12 for plate mail, 4 for headgear, 20 for mask, and 7 for helmet, but wearing the full set gives you better life regeneration.

Changelog:
  • 5/12/18: Posted.

Last edited:
I kinda like this idea. If you can sprite it, I be might able to add it to my upcoming mod, if you want. I will need the sprites though.

Back
Top Bottom