Weapons & Equip An upgraded Terra Blade...

CKmalakai

Plantera
All terraria players remember when they first heard about the best melee weapon in the game, the Terra Blade! It was quite a challenge to get, but extremely worth it in the end. But now, with the new moon lord drops, the Terra Blade has become more of an old weapon, and has been replaced by other weapons such as the Meowmere, Starfury, and other things. What I think would be a great thing to do is to bring back those old memories, the ones of the infamous Terra Blade!

An upgraded Terra Blade you say?

Yes, what I suggest is that we bring back the Terra Blade in full force! How? Well, a few nights ago I was thinking of the incredible 1.3 update, when I thought, "hmmm, there should be a definite endgame sword, maybe the Terra Blade could come back with an upgrade?" Then it hit me, an idea formed, a name, how it would be made, even what it might do! Okay, enough talking about it, I'll tell you my great idea. The Celestial Terra Blade!!! It would be the absolute best endgame melee weapon!

It would be made like this:
-50 stardust fragments
-50 vortex fragments
-50 nebula fragments
-50 solar fragments
-20 luminite bars
-1 Terra Blade

This is how it would balance out the damage it would do.(by making it a long process to make and having the damage and whatnot worth it, it would be like the old Terra Blade!)

As for the stats it would have:
Damage- 300
Critical strike chance- 20%
Very fast speed
Very strong knockback

And for how it would look, (aka the sprite it would have) I'm not entirely sure, but you could make it look like the regular Terra Blade, but with the colors of all the fragments and the luminite bar color as the handle maybe? This is what I think a lot of players would love to have in the game! Please make our dreams come true! (also as for the projectile it would fire out, maybe it could be more of a short celestial-beam, like the one the moon lord fires out?) All feedback is appreciated and on that note I'm out!

most people don't want or need a better terra blade, also 50 of each is a few lunar events, so I'd lower it to around 15-20 also, very fast and very strong aren't enough for most people, I recommend using these to figure out a good balanced stats. use time knockback

Cool.but, 300 damage is WAY too strong.nerf it to 220 or 200 maybe.

True, but as I said it would be the strongest sword in the game and I was comparing it to the Meowmere which has a base damage of 230... but you are right, maybe only 250 then? I'm not quite sure... thanks for the suggestion!

True, but as I said it would be the strongest sword in the game and I was comparing it to the Meowmere which has a base damage of 230... but you are right, maybe only 250 then? I'm not quite sure... thanks for the suggestion!
Ok, that sounds a lot better.I only thought it has a base damage of 200.

most people don't want or need a better terra blade, also 50 of each is a few lunar events, so I'd lower it to around 15-20 also, very fast and very strong aren't enough for most people, I recommend using these to figure out a good balanced stats. use time knockback

Umm I never said that they need it, but I will admit that players might not exactly want it.... also its supposed to be hard/annoying to get so thats why I said 50 of each... but that could be something to look into.... thanks for the feedback!
[DOUBLEPOST=1438107367,1438107236][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ok, that sounds a lot better.I only thought it has a base damage of 200.

Oh wait no your right it only has 200.... just checked it here: http://terraria.wiki.gg/Meowmere

I'd LOVE an upgraded Terra Blade, but I think this one needs to be nerfed. It should be on the same tier as the Meowmere and the Star Wrath, to make a triad of endgame swords, allowing you to choose which one suits your needs. Also going to copy and paste an idea I posted on another Terra Blade upgrade thread (A lot have been popping up recently), a lot of the ideas in it are from @Gotcha!

Equilibrium

Damage: 170
Knockback: 7
Velocity: 12
Critical chance: 10%
Rarity: Red
Use time: 20 (Very Fast)

Imbued with the ancient wrath of Purity

Every time you hit an enemy, there's an X% chance that Gaea will appear. Green, similar to the Dryad, ethereal and ghostly, Wraith AI, and assists you in combat for around ~10 seconds. Along with the standard Wraith AI and dealing contact damage, she could fire Purity Orbs at enemies, traveling through blocks, similar to Tim or a Dark Caster. Another Gaea can not be summoned while one is already out. Additionally, this sword would fire Terra Beams, similar to the Terra Blade.

Recipe:

Terra Blade
5 Solar Fragments
5 Vortex Fragments
5 Nebula Fragments
5 Stardust Fragments

Crafted @ an Ancient Manipulator.

I'd LOVE an upgraded Terra Blade, but I think this one needs to be nerfed. It should be on the same tier as the Meowmere and the Star Wrath, to make a triad of endgame swords, allowing you to choose which one suits your needs. Also going to copy and paste an idea I posted on another Terra Blade upgrade thread (A lot have been popping up recently), a lot of the ideas in it are from @Gotcha!

Equilibrium

Damage: 170
Knockback: 7
Velocity: 12
Critical chance: 10%
Rarity: Red
Use time: 20 (Very Fast)

Imbued with the ancient wrath of Purity

Every time you hit an enemy, there's an X% chance that Gaea will appear. Green, similar to the Dryad, ethereal and ghostly, Wraith AI, and assists you in combat for around ~10 seconds. Along with the standard Wraith AI and dealing contact damage, she could fire Purity Orbs at enemies, traveling through blocks, similar to Tim or a Dark Caster. Another Gaea can not be summoned while one is already out. Additionally, this sword would fire Terra Beams, similar to the Terra Blade.

Recipe:

Terra Blade
5 Solar Fragments
5 Vortex Fragments
5 Nebula Fragments
5 Stardust Fragments

Crafted @ an Ancient Manipulator.

Wow, sounds pretty cool... I guess having three different endgame swords sounds better actually... thanks for telling me about this, great idea!

All terraria players remember when they first heard about the best melee weapon in the game, the Terra Blade! It was quite a challenge to get, but extremely worth it in the end. But now, with the new moon lord drops, the Terra Blade has become more of an old weapon, and has been replaced by other weapons such as the Meowmere, Starfury, and other things. What I think would be a great thing to do is to bring back those old memories, the ones of the infamous Terra Blade!

An upgraded Terra Blade you say?

Yes, what I suggest is that we bring back the Terra Blade in full force! How? Well, a few nights ago I was thinking of the incredible 1.3 update, when I thought, "hmmm, there should be a definite endgame sword, maybe the Terra Blade could come back with an upgrade?" Then it hit me, an idea formed, a name, how it would be made, even what it might do! Okay, enough talking about it, I'll tell you my great idea. The Celestial Terra Blade!!! It would be the absolute best endgame melee weapon!

It would be made like this:
-50 stardust fragments
-50 vortex fragments
-50 nebula fragments
-50 solar fragments
-20 luminite bars
-1 Terra Blade

This is how it would balance out the damage it would do.(by making it a long process to make and having the damage and whatnot worth it, it would be like the old Terra Blade!)

As for the stats it would have:
Damage- 300
Critical strike chance- 20%
Very fast speed
Very strong knockback

And for how it would look, (aka the sprite it would have) I'm not entirely sure, but you could make it look like the regular Terra Blade, but with the colors of all the fragments and the luminite bar color as the handle maybe? This is what I think a lot of players would love to have in the game! Please make our dreams come true! (also as for the projectile it would fire out, maybe it could be more of a short celestial-beam, like the one the moon lord fires out?) All feedback is appreciated and on that note I'm out!

Btw in the Terraria discord, cenx said there would be a final Terra blade which would me stronger than meowmere

Exactly, we all want a new series of weapons and weapons of all ranks to face the real final boss of terrariums hehehe :)

I also think 300 is a little op, but we don't know until we see the new bosses. I think a cool name for it would be the celestial edge, and the sprite could look like the terra blade but grey and blue like the moon lord. I think the projectiles should fire every autoswing instead of every other. And it should have something special about it like how the influx waver has the extra blades. Maybe the blade shoots laser projectiles like the phantasm except they do as much damage as the blade itself, and can go through walls.

Celestial Edge

Damage: 225
Knockback: 7.5 (Strong)
Critical chance: 8%
Use time: 12 (Very Fast)
Velocity: 20
Rarity:
Red

"Forged in the fire of the stars, imbued with the power of light and dark"

This sword's projectiles pierce multiple targets and inflict the "Lunar Light" Debuff, which inflicts 6 damage 5 times per second. This Debuff stacks when fighting bosses.

Recipe:
1 Terra Blade
10 Vortex Fragments
10 Stardust Fragments
10 Solar Fragments
10 Nebula Fragments
25 Luminite Bars
1 (rare drop from new boss)

Last edited:
It's been a long time since I wrote this post. 5 years in fact! I never expected to have as many replies as I've gotten, and I find it kind of funny that 5 years later there are a few comments being left still. I also find it amazing that after all this time, a new endgame terra blade was announced. It was quite exciting when I heard about it, and only this morning I remembered this post from 5 years ago, about asking for a better terra blade. Looking back on this thread, my idea was rough and had nothing really worthwhile behind the idea. I was merely a fan who wanted the idea to become a reality.

Anyways, I just find it nostalgic looking back on this thread about 2 weeks before the release of the final update to the game. So much has changed since then. So much.

With this obligatory post of "wow nostalgia" out of the way, I'm going to play some Terraria. I'm excited to see all the things Re-Logic has for us this time! <3:happy:

Celestial Edge

Damage: 225
Knockback: 7.5 (Strong)
Critical chance: 8%
Use time: 12 (Very Fast)
Velocity: 20
Rarity:
Red

"Forged in the fire of the stars, imbued with the power of light and dark"

This sword's projectiles pierce multiple targets and inflict the "Lunar Light" Debuff, which inflicts 6 damage 5 times per second. This Debuff stacks when fighting bosses.

Recipe:
1 Terra Blade
10 Vortex Fragments
10 Stardust Fragments
10 Solar Fragments
10 Nebula Fragments
25 Luminite Bars
1 (rare drop from new boss)

Oh, and props to you for fledging out the original idea 5 years later. THIS is something that looks super cool! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom