Weapons & Equip Ancharpoon - The Ultimate Harpoon-type Weapon

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
This was originally just a contest entry, but a few people wanted to see it actually in-game, so here it is:

index.php

index.php
index.php

Ancharpoon
The ultimate Harpoon-type weapon.
40 Damage
29 Use Time (Average)
* Automatic reuse
7 Knockback (Extremely Strong)
20 Range/Velocity
Rarity: Orange
Recipe:
Harpoon.png
Harpoon
Anchor.png
Anchor
@ an Anvil.

If you're wondering how much of an upgrade this is:
Harpoon.png

Harpoon
25 Damage
29 Use Time (Average)
* Automatic reuse
6 Knockback (Very Strong)
10 Range/Velocity

Anchor.png

Anchor
30 Damage
29 Use Time (Average)
* Manual reuse
5 Knockback (Strong)
20 Range/Velocity

Feedback is appreciated! Thanks! :D

Thanks go to zimberzimber for making this awesome banner!​

Last edited:
This is definitely something I would use for a good laugh!

Support! I'd give you a Peace Badge, but I left it at TO. Sorry!

Nice idea, seems like a cool subtle add-on to the game, and I can't help but try and imagine myself speaking like a mad pirate while skewereing sharks with this. Though.

The sprite needs a rework, or an in game model, because if you fire it with that sprite, it will still have the spear coming out of it, if the rope is not horizontal.

This thing will absolutely shred some enemies with 40 damage and with autoreuse like the Harpoon has now. Take for instance the WoF. This could theoretically outdps the the Phoenix Blaster against it if you are very close to it.

Just take into consideration.

AHAHAARGG I BE FEASTIN' ON JELLYFISH TONIGHT MATEYS!

The sprite needs a rework, or an in game model, because if you fire it with that sprite, it will still have the spear coming out of it, if the rope is not horizontal.
All it need is a Harpoon-Anchor hybrid projectile sprite. That's just the shooty-part.
This thing will absolutely shred some enemies with 40 damage and with autoreuse like the Harpoon has now. Take for instance the WoF. This could theoretically outdps the the Phoenix Blaster against it if you are very close to it.
Out-DPS the Phoenix Blaster, the most OP item in the history of Terraria game progression, seconded only by the Night's Edge?

Phoenix Blaster with 10 damage ammo (the most common kind) deals 198 DPS at any and all ranges.

Ancharpoon would deal 83 DPS at point-blank.

There is a rule, and it's never to balance against the Phoenix Blaster, because it makes items 3/4 through progression look UP.

Last edited:
now the real question... does it do ranged or melee damage? (if memory holds its a combination of a ranged and melee weapon so yeah...)

now the real question... does it do ranged or melee damage? (if memory holds its a combination of a ranged and melee weapon so yeah...)
Maybe there could be one variety for each so that the player can decide which. (This will probably end up as mod content anyways.)

What if it could fire two different projectiles at once like the dual hook, with one projectile being an anchor and the other being a harpoon?

Maybe it benefits from both melee and ranged damage bonuses. Anyway, support. Anchor and Harpoon Gun upgrades would be awesome.

I love harpoons.
Harpoons are the best.
They're my favourite weapon. No joke.

I fully support this.

Back
Top Bottom