Weapons & Equip Ancient Armor - reversion of changes to ancient armour

Lemoniscence

Terrarian
I have been playing 1.4.4 recently, and got exceedingly lucky in the Corruption, to the point that I gained multiple pieces of Ancient Shadow armour. Previously, this armour gave a benefit to melee speed, which would have been nice, as I was playing Melee mainly.

However, I found that Ancient Shadow Armor, in the 1.4.4 update, was changed to give critical strike chance, instead of melee speed. I do not resent this change. But I do feel like this is a missed opportunity, as the Shadow Armor gives the exact same set bonus - instead, Shadow Armor could give the current bonus to critical strike speed, whereas Ancient Shadow Armor *only* should be reverted to the old melee speed boost. I think this would reinforce the identity of Ancient Shadow Armour, with it having the old sprites, to also have the pre-1.4.4 stats. Ancient Shadow Armour was also not mentioned in the 1.4.4 changelog as being intended to receive the same change as Shadow Armour.

As the Shadow Armour change was listed as a "Buff" in the patch notes, I do not believe that reverting the Ancient Shadow Armour would cause issues in balance, either, and would in fact only add more interest to these two armour sets. Thank you for your consideration.

Oh! One more thing - keeping the melee speed boost in some form would also, once again, allow Summoners to benefit from this armor's stats - at present, due to whips, minions, and sentries (usually) being unable to deal critical hits, the Shadow/Ancient Shadow Armour has no effect on them. If the Ancient Shadow Armour kept its old boost, and the Shadow Armour kept the current one, it would once again allow Summoners to benefit from these armours, due to the existence of Shimmer now - A summoner with full Shadow Armour could Shimmer it into Ancient Shadow Armour to get usage out of it.

I feel that the change was made to balance Corruption and Crimson worlds. I guess reverting the change would need to include a counterpart to Ancient Shadow armor in Crimson worlds as well.

Back
Top Bottom