Sprites Ancient Chisel recipes

amaniku

Terrarian
The Ancient Chisel is a great QoL addition, so much so that it should be tinkered to avoid taking a dedicated slot (see also here). Since mining speed is more of a concern in Pre-Hardmode, here are a couple of combos with other Pre-HM accessories:

Amphibian_Chisel.png
Amphibian Chisel
(via Frog Leg)

spacer.png
Being able to dig both higher and faster really improves cavern exploration, especially when excavating the ceiling.

Obsidian_Chisel.png
Obsidian Chisel
(via Obsidian Skull)

spacer.png
I almost expected this to already exist, since it speeds up the collection of Meteorite (which is time-consuming) and Hellstone (which is dangerous).

Cool idea, this accessory would work nice with tinkers because it’s relatively helpful but still had a limited niche. I also like the combinations you chose.

I have a few suggestions as well:
-Luminant Chisel (Chisel + Jellyfish Necklace). It would give a bit of light and increase mining speed, which I think would be really helpful for caving.
-Extendable Pick Handle (Extendo Grip + Chisel). I think increasing tool range would make a lot of sense combined into the chisel.

Another Chisel that would be cool would be one that provides immunity to Chilled. This would be useful for mining in the Underground Ice biome since you wouldn't have to have to worry about ice enemies (and water in Expert mode) slowing you down. I don't know how this would be obtained, since only three accessories provide immunity to Chilled. One being rarely obtained from presents, another being completely unrelated to mining, and the other being Hardmode.

Nice, those ideas also sound good. It seems like the chisel just pairs well in general, since mining is such a core part of the experience.

Back
Top Bottom