Weapons & Equip Ancient cobalt drill

Companion Cube

Retinazer
Terraria is a seemless game. You progress through the bosses without clunky ui, you build great structures with ease, it ll fits together well. Except for one part. When transitioning from pre-hardmode to hardmode, corruption and hallow begin taking over your world rapidly. At the alarming pace it moves, bases would be taken over in little time, if it wasn't for quarantine strategies. Many players employ these tactics to contain the evils, mostly before hardmode. This is tedious process. The speed of mining is annoyingly slow with the available gear. Digging the pits necessary for the strategies will leave a player bored for hours of mining, but I propose a remedy.
The ancient cobalt drill!
Ancient Cobalt Drill.png

The drill would be a rare drop from jungle enemies, similar to ancient cobalt armor. It would have a faster mining speed than the normal cobalt drill, and would be available pre-hardmode. The catch is that it can only mine downward, as the mechanism is jammed partially and only works facing down.

Last edited:
The only problem with this is how ancient items work. They are reimplementations of the old versions of items. Ancient Cobalt is the old Cobalt armor sprite (Jungle Armor)

I believe that this is why bombs exist
don't want to mine because it's really slow?
KABOOM
PROBLEM SOLVED!
at least thats how i do it idk bout everyone else

The only problem with this is how ancient items work. They are reimplementations of the old versions of items. Ancient Cobalt is the old Cobalt armor sprite (Jungle Armor)
I agree, but ancient fits pretty well into it, and every pattern can have exceptions, right?

I believe that this is why bombs exist
don't want to mine because it's really slow?
KABOOM
PROBLEM SOLVED!
at least thats how i do it idk bout everyone else
Bombs gain in speed is outweighed by it's potential danger, potential for destroying the land scape, and large effect radius.

so what you can hurt yourself with the bombs, they are fun and effective, especially sticky bombs, also, drills and pickaxes destroy the landscape too, just in a slightly more controlled way, and the radius is not that big, unless you are using dynamite or in my case, holy hand grenades.

so what you can hurt yourself with the bombs, they are fun and effective, especially sticky bombs, also, drills and pickaxes destroy the landscape too, just in a slightly more controlled way, and the radius is not that big, unless you are using dynamite or in my case, holy hand grenades.
The point stands that bombs are much more of a wildcard

That is why sticky bombs exist, to prevent bombs from going off where they shouldn't go off at.
and sticky bombs have about that range too.

Back
Top Bottom