Official And Now for a Taste of Things to Come...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loki, I consider you to be a good guy. But then how the heck can you give us only a few seconds long fraqment of three pictures, without any clues on them, for us to lose our minds over?
I need more information in order to process this. Pleeease. ;(

Guys, it's kinda obvious this is not Terraria related:

• Engine software is in on this.
  • The music is not Terraria styled.
  • The artwork is not Terraria styled.
  • Terraria isn't exactly 'new', as hinted in the teaser.

So, from what I've gathered, this is just plain silly.

The artwork I can see appears to be in a vector art style. I'm hoping these are just concept art, as I can't remember the last time a game used vector and actually looked appealing.

However, if this is game is actually supposed to be in 3D, then it appears to cause a lack of depth perception. It all looks... flat and one-dimensional.

Didn't look much like vector style to me. Quite a lot of brush strokes.

Those shots are backgrounds. Stuff gets layered on top of it, that's how you simulate depth, not in images that are covered up most of the time.

The concept behind throwing small blips at us is half baked. It didn't make me want more information on the project. It made me want less. But alas, I am part of a small demographic in this matter. Marketing 101 for video games these days teaches developers to show as little as possible, in as short a time frame as possible, to goad the... masses... into slobbering all over themselves, and the developers, trying to speculate what is what. For the record, this is the same thing that companies with poor communities, and poorer business ethics, do.

Between what I view as a poorly conceptualized trailer, and the fact the staff allowed those atrocities that Jazwares is attempting to pass off as collector's items to make it to the shelf, I find myself losing what little faith I've been in possession of since Redigit's "I quit to spend time with my family" speech, where upon he returned only months later to throw 1.2 in our faces, through the use of spoilers that had a distinct lack of quality about them.

Trailer != teaser. Those are two completely different concepts. You cannot pass judgement on ReLogic on grounds of a teaser when you are considering said teaser as if it were a trailer.

Nuances, please.

The OP is very carefully worded for your reading pleasure. It's not 1.3, it's not a project we have previously discussed. Anything else is fair game. ;)

Loki, I consider you to be a good guy. But then how the heck can you give us only a few seconds long fraqment of three pictures, without any clues on them, for us to lose our minds over?
I need more information in order to process this. Pleeease. ;(

In due time, absolutely. The devs just wanted to throw something in to go with the announcement.

Or Terraria 2 :)
You still haven't read the OP.
[DOUBLEPOST=1416686409][/DOUBLEPOST]
In due time, absolutely. The devs just wanted to throw something in to go with the announcement.
Not satisfactory! Engine Software is located near where I live. I am going to call the crap out of them.

...Aw, it's weekend.

Well, I'll be annoying them first thing on monday and if nothing's revealed I'll be taking a bedroll and sleep in front of their office! :cool:

Unless! You reveal just a tiny bit more.

I'm sorry I have to do this. :sigh:

The OP is very carefully worded for your reading pleasure. It's not 1.3, it's not a project we have previously discussed. Anything else is fair game. ;)

Loki... I'll give you a cookie and all my love you if you tell me everything. Please. Pleaseeeeeeeeee. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

The trailer... the feeling I got after watching and listening it... probably infection, dinosaur, and jungle? :D

Just saying this isn't terraria 2 for 2 reasons. 1: The OP and 2: Relogic has stated between terraria 1 being finished and terraria 2 starting, they are doing another game. this IS the other game

One has to be an idiot to believe that this is not a bad sign for Terraria. The next hiatus is upon us and most likely it will be the end.

It won't lessen my enjoyment of 1.3, I just had to be that one :red: stating the obvious

One has to be an idiot to believe that this is not a bad sign for Terraria. The next hiatus is upon us and most likely it will be the end.

It won't lessen my enjoyment of 1.3, I just had to be that one :red: stating the obvious
Terraria was bound to die anyways. Terraria 2, and this new purple game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom