Mobile Android Backup Fix Thread

To get the cloud to work on android you have to make sure that Google drive can access storage. If not the backup will not work.

Step 1: Go to settings
Step 2: Go to apps
Step 3: find the app labeled "Drive" and click on it.
Step 4: Scroll down to where it sayspermissions and enable it.
Step 5: Load terraria and open up the cloud saves at the bottom of your screen. Your save should be there waiting for you.

If your save is not there look in Google Drives and search for the folder labeled "Terraria" your backup saves are saved in that folder. If it is not there look into the trash folder.Create a temporary backup save and move your dominant save into the terraria folder

Thanks for posting this,

Trying to get my character and world imported from an Nvidia Shield Portable to my Razer Phone 2,

It looks like the files are on Google Drive after uploading them from the Shield Portable, but terraria on my RP2 cant see them from within the game even with the drive permissions enabled. The same phone can see and download them from the drive application to the phone's downloads folder, but I can't seem to move them to the save folder on the phone. Any idea what to do?

To get the cloud to work on android you have to make sure that Google drive can access storage. If not the backup will not work.

Step 1: Go to settings
Step 2: Go to apps
Step 3: find the app labeled "Drive" and click on it.
Step 4: Scroll down to where it sayspermissions and enable it.
Step 5: Load terraria and open up the cloud saves at the bottom of your screen. Your save should be there waiting for you.

If your save is not there look in Google Drives and search for the folder labeled "Terraria" your backup saves are saved in that folder. If it is not there look into the trash folder.Create a temporary backup save and move your dominant save into the terraria folder
Thanks for sharing this @KraKra1_GamingYT.

Thanks for posting this,

Trying to get my character and world imported from an Nvidia Shield Portable to my Razer Phone 2,

It looks like the files are on Google Drive after uploading them from the Shield Portable, but terraria on my RP2 cant see them from within the game even with the drive permissions enabled. The same phone can see and download them from the drive application to the phone's downloads folder, but I can't seem to move them to the save folder on the phone. Any idea what to do?
Sorry to hear you’re running into this issue @Imatron. Here are some things to try...
  • Make sure that you are logged in to the correct cloud id. It's something that is simple, but that can be overlooked easily. Just doublecheck.
  • Log out of google drive, then log back in.
  • In the game, go to the screen that should have your cloud save slots, if they aren’t there, go back to the main menu, then go to the cloud screen again. Do this slowly, don’t move fast through the menus. And let it sit on the screen where it should show you your saves for awhile before going back to main menu. Sometimes going back and forth can pop them to come up. But go slowly.
  • And if that doesn’t work, here’s one last thing to try...Please be careful with this option.
    1. Log into your Google Drive from a computer, and find the Terraria cloud save files.
    2. Select a file, right click and choose View More Options.
    3. And then Manage Versions.
    4. Hopefully it will pop up a list showing all the recent versions of that file.
    5. Remove the most recent version if it shows 0.0 kb (delete it or move it to your desktop).
    6. If the next most recent version also shows 0.0 kb, remove that as well.
    7. Restart your Terraria on your device, give it plenty of time to find the cloud saves.
    8. This method may take an hour or so to recognize changes, give it plenty of time.
  • If you delete the app or delete local savee it may affect the cloud worlds being accessible (even though it shouldn’t).
  • Your cloud saves may be accessible when the new update comes out. There’s no estimate on when the update will release.

Of the options you suggested Unit One, it appears tabbing back and forth between local and cloud did the trick. That and KraKra pointing out the permissions needing to be turned on in the Drive application. Thank you both for the information.

Now if only I could rename the world and character to get rid of those number next to them in the selection screen XP

Back
Top Bottom