Mobile Android Multiplayer App

Well, seeing as mobile multiplayer is still a thing, it would be great if we were able to get some sort of support.
For instance, an online server or multiplayer lounger where people can hook up to with their maps (with the option to password protect them) for other players can log on to.
Problem with that though is that mobile sessions are very unreliable as most games are played "when time allows it" and thus the host may be gone all of a sudden.

A solution to that would be to have the maps hosted online so it's not user host dependant, but that would require server support which also means maintenance costs for the devs. However, this could be fixed by having an IAP system where you pay $1-5 to have your map hosted on a Terraria server for a month or something. Joining online games would be free, just the hosting that you pay for.

Seeing as there wouldn't be alot of data transfer involved (small file sizes), the cost to maintain such a system (dedicated server) should not be too high.

i dont think they care about adding an online multiplayer feature. it already works exactly how they intended and theres much better things to do with their time although i agree itd get them some moolah!! a host world is already possible (at the cost of 1 character slot and an always on phone, but nobodies gonna do that) its not too hard to get a group of friends and figure out what time they want to play and make your own dedicated multiplayer worlds and characters though. the android app costs 2$ for the ipnone. but unlike multiterraria it doesnt have a chat feature(or private game feature i believe?) so ill be waiting for it to update before i buy another vpn app. unless alot of people on here use it
edit: also now that we can spell things out easier theyre definatly not adding it. im sure across one device itll be breaking some rules(hence the reason why signs dont work) it would screw up their age rating. and believe it or not. it is mostly a kids game.

Back
Top Bottom