PC Angler is not re-spawning

Angela Merkel

Terrarian
I am doing a hardcore playthrough with friends and very early on the angler died in some event. I thought nothing of it but even after building multiple areas of suitable housing and searching both sides of the map to see if he re-spawned he still isn't there!! Is there any way to respawn him manually?

As long as there are open houses, he should eventually spawn again while it is daytime in-game. I'd double check to ensure there is no Corruption or Crimson nearby the houses you've prepared for him. Other than that, I'm not sure why he might not be spawning.

Check the housing menu and see if he has already moved in somewhere and gone unnoticed. If he's listed in the housing menu with other NPCs, he's already in the world somewhere. The map will also show the Angler icon at his location if he's living somewhere else. A common case is putting a torch inside a Sky Island, which makes the housing valid.

NPCs won't respawn during night, a Solar Eclipse or invasion, but it's unlikely you've had these going for an extended period of time.

Back
Top Bottom