tModLoader Angler Reward Recipes

orangepecan

Terrarian
Hi guys, just made a simple mod to add some recipes to the game to be able to obtain fishing quest rewards without having to do a million more quests for the Angler. I know I'm quite sick of them at this point!

See attachment or check mod browser!

Loom:
Angler Hat/Pants = 5 Silk
Angler Vest = 10 Silk

Tinkerer's Workbench:
Sextant = 5 Iron Bar (any)
Weather Radio = 2 Iron Bar (any), 2 Glass, 1 Topaz
Fisherman's Pocket Guide = 5 Wood (any), 10 Cobweb

High Test Fishing Line = 1 Wood (any), 30 Cobweb
Angler Earring = 2 Iron Bar (any)
Tackle Box = 5 Iron Bar (any)

Mythril Anvil:
Bottomless Water Bucket = 25 Water Buckets
Super Absorbent Sponge = 25 Silk
Enchanted Sundial = 20 Iron Bar (any), 10 Diamond

Golden Fishing Rod = 5 Wood (any), 50 Cobweb
Hotline Fishing Hook = 5 Wood (any), 50 Cobweb, 1 Lava Bucket
Golden Bug Net = 5 Gold Bar (any), 25 Cobweb

Attachments

• AnglerRewardRecipes.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 990
Last edited:
They are way to easy to get IMO. For those ingredients you might as well use cheat sheet/hero's mod and cheat the item.

The idea wasn't really to make the items hard to get in terms of crafting materials, just that you'd have access to them at a certain point in your progression.

That being said, you make a fair point I suppose. What would you suggest for the crafting materials?

@orangepecan I wouldn't bother with the earing, the clothes and golden rod since you will get that guaranteed.

Feel free to use anything you like if you like any recipe at all and feel also free to change amounts or items or whatever.

Tackle box could be 10 iron + 20 wood + 3 journeyman bait (Work Bench)

High test fishing line = 7 diamonds + 15 silk (on loom)

Fisherman pocket guide = 10 books + 5-7 fishing potions (Any Bookcase)

Weather radio = compass + 8 silver + silver watch (or same tier metal equivalents) (Tinkerer's Workbench)

Sexant = radar + ruler + 8 gold (Tinkerer's Workbench)

Golden bug net = Bug net + 12 gold (Anvil)

Hotline fishing hook = Mechanic rod + 15 hellstone bars + obsidian skull (Hell Forge)

Enchanted sundial = fast clock + 20 soul of night + 20 soul of light (Crystal Ball)

Super absorbent sponge I would change it to maybe 12 coral but just to make it more thematic since organic sponges come from the sea. (Work bench)

The bottomless water bucket you could keep it or maybe do 20 water buckets + Metal sink (Anvil)

Nothing wrong with suggestions, mod creators are almost always up for ways to make the mod better.

Of course! For most mod makers, the greatest satisfaction is seeing people enjoying your work. :)

I'll get back to you guys with some of the ideas that I came up with while thinking about altering the recipes, and check out what Roxxz suggested.

I do tend to agree that the recipes should use some more exotic ingredients. For me that would make it feel more like a legitimate alternative way to get the items and less like cheating. I totally sympathize with the angler quests getting tedious though.

I do tend to agree that the recipes should use some more exotic ingredients. For me that would make it feel more like a legitimate alternative way to get the items and less like cheating. I totally sympathize with the angler quests getting tedious though.

Oh trust me, have I got some ideas.. :)

Gonna have them up in a bit!

Alright, so I'm going to leave the current version of the mod as is for those who just want the rewards without all the hassle.

For the "hard" version, here is what I had in mind:

Note that I am for the most part completely ignoring the sense making of all of this and going for some recipes that really make you work a bit, as well as have a bit of a theme to it.

Loom:
Angler Hat = 10 Silk, 1 White String, 1 Black Thread, 10 Firefly, 5 Feather, 10 Gold Coins
Angler Pants = 10 Silk, 5 Vine, 10 Jungle Spore, 1 Sluggy, 1 Grubby, 1 Buggy, 10 Gold Coins
Angler Vest = 20 Silk, 1 Tattered Cloth, 10 Tissue Sample/Shadow Scale, 25 Gold Coins
High Test Fishing Line = 1 Black Thread, 300 Cobweb, 5 Yellow Marigold, 5 Green Mushroom, 5 Teal Mushroom, 5 Orange Bloodroot, 5 Lime Kelp, 5 Sky Blue Flower, 20 Gold Coins

Bookcase:
Fisherman's Pocket Guide = 1 Book, 50 Bone, 1 Angry Bones Banner, 10 Fishing Potion, 2 Black Ink, 20 Gold Coins

Sky Mill:
Weather Radio = 10 Sunplate Block, 20 Glass, 1 Duck, 1 Bird, 1 Blue Jay, 1 Cardinal, 10 Wire, 20 Gold Coins

Bone Welder:
Angler Earring = 5 Ebonstone Block/Crimtane Block, 5 Rotten Chunk/Vertebrae, 10 Fallen Star, 1 Snail, 10 Glowstick, 20 Gold Coins

Heavy Work Bench:
Sextant = 10 Gold Bar (any), 10 Cloud, 10 Rain Cloud, 10 Lens, 1 Black Lens, 1 Wedding Veil, 1 Wedding Dress, 1 Top Hat, 20 Gold Coins
Tackle Box = 5 Iron Bar (any), 5 Daybloom, 5 Blinkroot, 5 Deathweed, 25 Worm, 25 Glowing Mushroom, 5 Obsidian, 20 Gold Coins

Ice Machine:
Bottomless Water Bucket = 100 Water Buckets, 10 Waterleaf, 10 Waterfall Block, 1 Penguin, 1 Magic Water Dropper, 1 Platinum Coin

Solidifier:
Super Absorbent Sponge = 10 Coral, 10 Seashell, 10 Starfish, 5 Shark Fin, 1 Jellyfish (bait), 10 Sandfall Block, 10 Goldfish, 1 Platinum Coin

Lihzahrd Furnace:
Enchanted Sundial = 100 Dynasty Wood, 10 Hallowed Bar, 10 of each gem, 25 Soul of Light, 25 Soul of Night, 2 Platinum Coins

Blend-O-Matic:
Golden Fishing Rod = 50 Wood (any), 1 Hook, 1 Gold Bird, 1 Gold Bunny, 1 Gold Butterfly, 1 Gold Frog, 1 Gold Grasshopper, 1 Gold Frog, 1 Gold Mouse, 1 Gold Squirrel, 1 Gold Worm, 5 Ancient Cloth
Hotline Fishing Hook = 50 Wood (any), 1 Hook, 10 Lava Bucket, 10 Obsidian Brick, 10 Hellstone Brick, 20 Hardened Sand Block, 20 Sandstone Block, 20 Hive, 10 Crispy Honey Block, 10 Antlion Mandible, 5 Sturdy Fossil, 1 Platinum Coin
Golden Bug Net = 1 Bug Net, 1 Sun Mask, 1 Moon Mask, 5 Platinum Coins

OK that's what's on my mind right now, what do you guys think?

I know some of these recipes are crazy, especially the Golden Rod. What I had in mind for this was people who want a great challenge to get the items. I fully realize that for some of these items, just doing the Angler quests might get you there faster.

It also forces you to explore some of the less traveled roads in the game, like the Underground Desert in hard mode!

Last edited:
You went from 0 to 100 really quick XD

Some items like the golden net you are making them be like very mid to late game and worth a lot of money when they are just a bit more convenient than a regular bug net/bucket.

Some recipes are more bothersome than ingame resource consuming they ask for a lot of different items that you need to get all around the map sometimes items that depend on luck which kinda defeat the purpose of why you created this mod in the first place. Also they are at times not the best thematically.

You went from 0 to 100 really quick XD

Some items like the golden net you are making them be like very mid to late game and worth a lot of money when they are just a bit more convenient than a regular bug net/bucket.

Some recipes are more bothersome than ingame resource consuming they ask for a lot of different items that you need to get all around the map sometimes items that depend on luck which kinda defeat the purpose of why you created this mod in the first place. Also they are at times not the best thematically.

You guys asked for items you had to "work" for, so there you go. :p

I fully am aware that a lot of this stuff makes you go all over the place. That was more or less the point. Go and explore some places that normally don't get visited much. :) As well as using some materials that don't get used much.

I'm happy to alter them further if you've got ideas.

Thing is, by requiring crafting stations like Bone Welder, Sky Mill, and Ice Machine, you're just changing which RNG the angler items depend on. It's possible for all of those to be missing from a given world. Granted, some of them make thematic sense, and I'm sympathetic to the idea that it should require a bit of work to avoid the angler quests.

Thing is, by requiring crafting stations like Bone Welder, Sky Mill, and Ice Machine, you're just changing which RNG the angler items depend on. It's possible for all of those to be missing from a given world. Granted, some of them make thematic sense, and I'm sympathetic to the idea that it should require a bit of work to avoid the angler quests.

Sure thing. I will simplify them a bit. What I was really going for was an "adventure-like" effect for the crafting recipes, where it's more about going out, exploring and playing the game than the items.

Look for the modified recipes some time after I finish work in about 9 hours or so!

I'd suggest something like this, maybe:

Fisherman's Pocket Guide
Bookcase
Book + Armored Cavefish + Damselfish + Double Cod + Frost Minnow + Specular Fish + Stinkfish + Variegated Lardfish
(or)
Book + Atlantic Cod + Bass + Neon Tetra + Red Snapper + Salmon + Shrimp + Trout + Tuna

Weather Radio
Tinkerer's Workshop
10 Sunplate Block + 10 Silver/Tungsten Bars + 50 Wire

Sextant
Heavy Work Bench
10 Gold Bars + Ruler + Mechanical Ruler

Angler Earring
Heavy Work Bench
1 Emerald + 1 Silver/Tungsten Bar + 10 Enchanted Nightcrawlers

Tackle Box
Heavy Work Bench
10 Apprentice Bait + 10 Journeyman Bait + 10 Master Bait + 10 Iron/Lead Bars

High Test Fishing Line
Loom
10 Silk + 5 Diamonds

Bottomless Water Bucket
Crystal Ball
10 Water Buckets + 10 Magic Water Droppers

Super Absorbant Sponge
Crystal Ball
25 Coral + 50 Pixie Dust

Hotline Fishing Hook
Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil
10 Hellstone Bars + High Test Fishing Line

A bit of gating, and a bit of fishing required, but not too much grinding, and you get the items approximately when you might reasonably expect to, if, y'know, the angler weren't a (bleep).

Back
Top Bottom