NPCs & Enemies Angry Dandelion does way too much damage on master mode.

Bird up

Terrarian
Angry Dandelion is an enemy introduced in 1.4. It can appear very early on, in the beginning forest biome during windy weather. The first time I saw it, I thought it was friendly, but it killed me with a single flower petal which did 141 damage. Strangely the Wiki lists its damage as 2/12/18 (normal/expert/master,) but it does WAY more than that. I'm very keen to how much damage enemies do because I play a hardcore character on master mode. On second encounter with the flower, I had 29 defense with full platinum armor, and the Angry Dandelion's petal did 97 damage to me. I had 180 max hp and would have died in only 2 hits. This early game flower should not be far more threatening than the Eye of Cthulhu on Master mode... I can't speak to how much damage it does on other modes since I've only played on master mode since 1.4. I think a developer may have made a typo and put an extra 0 on its damage lol.

Oh, and when you kill it you get 1 silver and a daybloom. Gee thanks.

It does seem out of place; especially given that if you do manage rolling less than a lethal amount of damage and hide behind cover, you're still being boxed in by the petals with a curious habit of floating to your location (either delibately or coincidence of how many are shot off), so you might as well teleport back to base and go underground where its safer. Last time i checked they couldn't be stopped (like other annoying slow projectiles, goblin army sorcerer chaos balls for instance) with a weapon, which would be a nice counter for melee players.

My advice is just throw dynamite at it, then smooth over with dirt-bomb the damage afterwards. Natural solution to everything on master-mode.

They doesn't seems to appear very frequently either.
Also, there are balance problems in some of the new monsters in the update.

The new monsters from fishing during blood moon are super powerful in master mode too. The eyeballs can't be knocked back and have a lot of defense and like ~1000 hp. I think the mermen have 1400 hp and even more defenses. They're also super fast. I think by the time you could kill them by normal means, their drops won't be useful anymore. The frog staff and blood bow would be outclassed by imp staff and others bows.

Back
Top Bottom