Anime General Discussion

Meanwhile in Manga land... One thing that I recently started reading and dropped was Boku no... Hero Academia (What did you think I was gonna say? :dryadcool: )

Why did I drop it? Because it's basically looking like Naruto with superheroes. :red: that, one Naruto was enough for me for this decade.

Meanwhile in Manga land... One thing that I recently started reading and dropped was Boku no... Hero Academia (What did you think I was gonna say? :dryadcool: )

Why did I drop it? Because it's basically looking like Naruto with superheroes. :red: that, one Naruto was enough for me for this decade.
I thought you were going to typo Boku wo Tomodachi ga Sukanai...what else could it have been.

I don't quite want to check all ten pages, but... Anyone mentioned The Last Unicorn yet?

Anyone ever watched The Last Unicorn?

If you didn't, go find it. If you don't cry at all through the movie, check for a pulse.
I did a search on this thread for Unicorn. The answer is no.

I don't know how most of you animoo people see to the Pokémon anime, or at least the old ones. Since its general discussion, I'd like to say that when Misty and Brock left, I cried. Same with Butterfree. Also, the only anime I ever watched fully was the Beyblade anime but I don't know how that is looked upon by the community. I was young, don't judge me. ;-;

Pokemon is one of those series which should have had only one season.

I mean, Ash is just hit with a mix of Reset Button and Idiot Ball in every new season. If they don't want to do any permanent character development, they should not make more than one season.

Pokemon is one of those series which should have had only one season.

I mean, Ash is just hit with a mix of Reset Button and Idiot Ball in every new season. If they don't want to do any permanent character development, they should not make more than one season.
I saw some of the newer episodes and it wasn't pretty so I assumed that's how everyone else felt. But how about the Beyblade anime?

Cartoon Network was pretty much the only channel I watched as a kid so I guess I'm a total scrub in the land of anime. And I don't think I have the time to invest in another hobby, nor could I deal with the shameful looks from my parents who don't approve of anything I do.

You're talking to Off Topic Knight.

Ahem, anyhow... You could scrounge the thread for recommendations. Anime runs far deeper than the horrible things they show in occidental TV (horrible because of dubbing and how many companies still treat every anime as "for kids" even if its focus is an adult theme. Making children think is a no-no, I guess.)

I'd suggest Death Note. A lot of talking, but the plot is one of the best I've seen in anime, and it's a (relatively) short series.

Or you could see the original monster game in anime form, Monster Rancher. That was fun and the hero wasn't a "rebootable idiot" like Ash.

You're talking to Off Topic Knight.

Ahem, anyhow... You could scrounge the thread for recommendations. Anime runs far deeper than the horrible things they show in occidental TV (horrible because of dubbing and how many companies still treat every anime as "for kids" even if its focus is an adult theme. Making children think is a no-no, I guess.)

I'd suggest Death Note. A lot of talking, but the plot is one of the best I've seen in anime, and it's a (relatively) short series.

Or you could see the original monster game in anime form, Monster Rancher. That was fun and the hero wasn't a "rebootable idiot" like Ash.
I'll give them a lookie. Where would I be able to watch them? I have no streaming services or anything like that.

I don't know how most of you animoo people see to the Pokémon anime, or at least the old ones. Since its general discussion, I'd like to say that when Misty and Brock left, I cried. Same with Butterfree. Also, the only anime I ever watched fully was the Beyblade anime but I don't know how that is looked upon by the community. I was young, don't judge me. ;-;
I think Pokémon what the first anime I started to collect. I use to buy the VHS for a while. Back then I didn't have a lot of money for anime and I just watched what was on TV. Other then a Pokémon movie I think the first anime I got on DVD was Ranma 1/2 or InuYasha.

My impression on Sket Dance for a long time before watching it. "Meh somekinda Beyblade like anime in school."
After finally watching a couple of episodes because it's just there in the driver. "Interesting..."
After watching a lot of episodes. "Good show. Vibrant and uplifting."

On another topic, anybody read OnePunch Man? This manga...
its-something.jpg

Can someone recommend me an anime that stands by these conditions:
-Unknown/underrated, so no Death Note, Bleach, etc.
-Series if preferable, but films are okay too.
-Dark themed, with complex plot, twists, conspiracies etc.
-Not afraid to include blood, but no Happy Tree Friends; I'm not watching it for the gore but I don't want to watch Pokémon either.
-Can include mature themes but shouldn't focus on "plot", if I wanted that, I would watch a hentai.
-Fighting scenes are welcome, especially if epic, but no overpowered characters (Hellsing/DragonballZ) when they knock off a skyscraper with a blink.
-No childish animation style, sweat drops and red crosses appearing at the head, overreacting Jim-Carreyish, annoying pink haired screaming creatures which murder the perfect mood of a good murder mystery (7th episode of Darker than Black).
-No American clichés like the hero turning off the bomb at the last second, thus saving the world from the evil nazis and riding into the sunshine.

In other words: animes like Ergo Proxy and Gantz.
Sorry for being this specific but there has to be one like this. I just can't find it!

I've found it impossible to watch any animes this year, hype of AoT season 2 is holding me back.

Can someone recommend me an anime that stands by these conditions:
-Unknown/underrated, so no Death Note, Bleach, etc.
-Series if preferable, but films are okay too.
-Dark themed, with complex plot, twists, conspiracies etc.
-Not afraid to include blood, but no Happy Tree Friends; I'm not watching it for the gore but I don't want to watch Pokémon either.
-Can include mature themes but shouldn't focus on "plot", if I wanted that, I would watch a hentai.
-Fighting scenes are welcome, especially if epic, but no overpowered characters (Hellsing/DragonballZ) when they knock off a skyscraper with a blink.
-No childish animation style, sweat drops and red crosses appearing at the head, overreacting Jim-Carreyish, annoying pink haired screaming creatures which murder the perfect mood of a good murder mystery (7th episode of Darker than Black).
-No American clichés like the hero turning off the bomb at the last second, thus saving the world from the evil nazis and riding into the sunshine.

In other words: animes like Ergo Proxy and Gantz.
Sorry for being this specific but there has to be one like this. I just can't find it!
Look into Tokyo Ghoul and Akame ga Kill. Both are recent and fit what you are after.

If you want something older, try Paranoia Agent.

Back
Top Bottom